Shaking Headlights - MQ

Re: Shaking Headlights - MQ

Postby Chriscgls on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Keen to see how this plays out, my GLS has a 'shake' as well over some bumps now and then.. i am glad its not just me!!

Ive done 2,000 and can only presume this will get worse over time.. its bearable for now though..

The low beam i find pretty good though..
Chriscgls

Postby milhous2 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Got the car back and the Dealer Service still claims this is normal. Normal as in they appear to be shaking when driving over regular bumps so they actually saw this. So I'm left with no choice now but to seek advice from Mitsubishi directly as the Dealer is clearly not going to at this stage. Anyone know a Auto Electrics person in Brisbane Area that could assist with checking it out independently?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
milhous2

Postby striker99 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:14 pm

My MQ GLS lights have been shaking since new also, it's really rather annoying.
striker99

Re: New Triton Exceed - Headlights Flickering

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:25 pm

milhous2 wrote: Anyone know a Auto Electrics person in Brisbane Area that could assist with checking it out independently?

It's not something that an auto electrician can help you with.

Read, carefully, my previous post:

NowForThe5th wrote:They won't do it. They'll tell you that the headlights are sealed units and can't be disassembled. Of course that's rubbish, I've done lots of them, but it is true to the extent that they don't have the experience, knowledge or equipment to be able to do the job. PM me if you want more information on this.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby milhous2 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Guys I have spoken to Mitsubishi Motors Australia now. They're hoping for a video etc sent directly to them. If you're on Facebook look them up and comment on the post I made on their wall to express that you're experiencing the same thing please!

milhous2

Postby milhous2 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:06 pm

NowForThe5th I sent you a PM.
Thanks heaps.

milhous2

Postby milhous2 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:24 am

https://www.facebook.com/MitsubishiMotorsAustralia/ look through the visitors post and comment on the one about the lights please!
milhous2

MQ Triton HID headlights vibrate over rough roads

Postby JKAY on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:53 pm

I have a 6 week old MQ GLS with HID projectors, I've noticed that over rough rutted sort of roads the lights seem to vibrate as if the headlights had a loose mount. I've had this occur before on my previous truck when the headlight mount had a cracked bracket. Anyone experience this?
JKAY

Re: MQ Triton HID headlights vibrate over rough roads

Postby Lastchance57 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Yep. My MQ GLS does the same thing. The lights are adjustable up and down via a dial to the right of the steering wheel. My guess is because the lights are not in a rigid fixing there is a small amount of movement allowed when rough roads are encountered. Previously owned a Prado with lights that turned with steering and that had the same issue.
Cheers
Lastchance57

Re: MQ Triton HID headlights vibrate over rough roads

Postby JKAY on Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:34 pm

Thanks, had a D40 which had the same adjustable headights, though not HID, but never had this issue. So I was wondering why the shudder I will speak with them next time I'm in for service. If I get any info will post.
JKAY

Postby JKAY on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 am

From the look of it MMAL needs to look into a fix for this as its endemic of pretty much all Tritons with HIDs
JKAY

Previous

Return to Electrical