NO SOUND FROM STEREO

NO SOUND FROM STEREO

Postby WUNSIE on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:02 pm

HI all, jumped in the Triton today 2km up the road decided to turn the radio on and had no sound what so ever.
Changed channel, tried AM then FM even stuck a CD in, it was playing as the counter for the CD was working, even the phone button had no effect. :shock:
The steering wheel controls all worked as normal in fact everything did, but it was all dead silent, like a mute button was pressed, but it dosen,t had a bloody mute button like my Hilux had.
Any way got to mums turned car off, then turned ignition back on and all was good again!!!!
Has any one else experienced this and if so what was the cure or is it a one off thing,

CHEERS WUNSIE
WUNSIE

Re: NO SOUND FROM STEREO

Postby andelect on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:13 am

Have had the same thing once in MQ exceed. Not a problem since, so haven't done anything under warranty. Maybe summer might bring it back.
My former work vehicle, a Commodore ute, a model with one of the first touchscreens, used to do this fairly often, particularly in hot weather. Stop, wait 30 seconds and then restart, problem gone (until next week) when would do again.
andelect

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:42 am

Does your vehicle have an amplifier under the seat? If it did then an intermittent problem with the remote trigger wire which activates the amplifier could produce symptoms like that.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby WUNSIE on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Does your vehicle have an amplifier under the seat? If it did then an intermittent problem with the remote trigger wire which activates the amplifier could produce symptoms like that.

Its all OEM champ, do they ( GLS ) run a remote amp, have to have a squiz tomorrow.
Like I said it done it once, over the weekend performed faultless, touch wood ;)
WUNSIE

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Couldn't tell you mate. I only ever seem to poke around GLXRs from memory. Even those haven't been consistent. Mine had an OEM amp under the driver's seat but I've also seen them under the passenger seat.

Apart from a mute function that's all I can think of which would have the headunit appearing to work but no sound. The bluetooth phone stuff (parrot) would also have a mute function built in but I'm not sure how you'd accidentally activate that.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Return to Electrical