GLX+ Fog Light Wiring

GLX+ Fog Light Wiring

Postby parlevoo on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:01 pm

I have an MQ GLX+ without factory fog lights, i have put on an Ironman deluxe bullbar that has fogs installed. My question is, there is wires with connectors on them taped to the engine frame behind the foglight area of the factory bumper... are these for foglights, and if so, where to i find the other end to attach a switch... amd is it as easy as switch on one end, lights on the other?
parlevoo

Re: GLX+ Fog Light Wiring

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:40 pm

Quite often Mitsubishi leave parts of harnesses in place but leave out other bits. I'm sure there is some economic logic to this - saving having to make different configuration harnesses.

The result, though, is that, if you want to use those existing parts of the wiring, you may have to complete the other parts yourself. Sometimes this is as simple as adding a relay and/or fuse, other times it means that you have to do some hard wiring. To make it more difficult, not every model Triton comes with the same factory harnesses and these can change from time to time.

So, what to do?

First, search "online manual" on this forum. Follow the link to the Russian site and then look at the wiring diagrams that include fog lights for your model/year, or the nearest you can find. Copy/print the wiring diagrams and go out to your vehicle and locate the relevant parts. If there are pieces missing work out what is required to fill the gaps.

Implement same and then come back here to report what you've done so that others may benefit and you become, albeit briefly, a forum legend.

Now don't get the idea I'm telling you to suck eggs. The reality is that only you have access to your vehicle to see what you have or don't have and what you have others may not have. Classic examples of this include the air conditioning fan plug in ML and MN - some have it, some don't, and the fog light switch wiring in the steering column in some ML VRs.

Mitsubishi make a plug'n'play harness for driving lights in the MQ. Maybe they do for fogs as well, or it can be duplicated.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: GLX+ Fog Light Wiring

Postby kxboss on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:51 am

I have an Ironman Bullbar with fog lights and a GLR and was installed by 4wd service centre, a new harness was used and a push button switch installed in the blank on the drivers right side of the lower dash.
kxboss

Return to Electrical