CTEK D250S DUAL IP65 water immersion rating?

CTEK D250S DUAL IP65 water immersion rating?

Postby jerrah on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm thinking about installing a 2nd battery to run a fridge and the CTEK D250S looks like an economical way to achieve this.

Given a few people on this forum appear to run this model I was wondering if anyone had issue with the IP65 waterproof rating. i.e. it's only rated for water jet but not for water immersion?

It's probably more waterproof than that would appear and I'm unlikely to go park bonnet deep in a creek but it'd be nice to know it'd survive river crossings!
jerrah

Re: CTEK D250S DUAL IP65 water immersion rating?

Postby johno on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:43 pm

You might be able to mount it in a sealable container (electrical box) to help with the water.
Or mount it in the tub up high and remove it when not in use (Anderson plug)
I'm just doing the same, but mine will be mounted in the "pod" and left at home when not in use.
Just bought mine from fleebay........
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161095617828 ... EBIDX%3AIT
comes with a battery indicator and a bag to store it all in, one of the best prices that I have found.
Cheers Johno
"Ham and eggs... A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig."
johno

Re: CTEK D250S DUAL IP65 water immersion rating?

Postby striker99 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:32 am

Mines mounted in the tub, the biggest problem with them is their temperature rating, they aren't rated for under bonnet use and the charge output starts to significantly reduce if above 50 degress, might be worth doing a bit of googling regarding that first.
striker99

Return to Electrical