'17 GLS Speaker/Amp/Sub upgrade

'17 GLS Speaker/Amp/Sub upgrade

Postby TopplesS on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:08 am

G'day all,

I've had my Triton now for a couple of months, and am mostly unimpressed with the audio quality (coming from a Sony system in a Fiesta ST). I've decided an overhaul is in order, however I am chasing any info regarding the door speaker/tweeter sizes.

So far my searches have returned no info on the MQ range, both through the search function here and on Google. Feel free to prove me wrong with a link though.

Thanks in advance!
TopplesS

Re: '17 GLS Speaker/Amp/Sub upgrade

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 am

The triangular cover that the tweeters sit in just clips on. Pop it off and have a look. Note there is a hook at the bottom that attaches to the door panel so you need to manoeuvre this out. Not hard - just don't yank it. The other clips just prise out with a plastic trim tool.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby mtb247 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 am

There was a discussion about this on the FB MQ Triton page. Apparently the front and rear door speakers are both 6.5 inch.

I'm upgrading mine soon too, I'm interested to know if i can fit a slimline sub + 2 amps behind the rear seat.
mtb247

Postby tritanmq on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:12 am

Watching this with interest. I’m also looking at upgrading the audio with a Sony XAV-AX100 and powered sub. Also replacing the door speakers. In other words total overhaul haha.
Currently researching amps and speakers etc
tritanmq

Postby Mrhele on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:37 am

Hi Guys,

I didnt this with my MN triton, and am currently about to do this with my MQ.

Headunit Axis 6.5 DVD Sat Nav

Fronts i used Pioneer 6.5inch Splits. You will need to use rings to space them out.

Rears i used 6 inch Pioneers, pretty sure they fit straight into the doors.

I used a JVC 5 channel amp under the passenger seat.

Used a 10inch sealed MTX slim line sub in a slimline box behind the rear seat. The box was mounted pretty much of the back seat, but did involve moving the jack and cutting away at the bracket that held the jack in.....if memory serves me right.

Click to view larger picture

I did how ever have the issue of the center arm rest not being able to completely close up, it sat a little popped out. Wasnt a bad sound for a such a small and basic system.
Mrhele

Return to Electrical