MQ intake full of sludge at 8500 km

Re: MQ intake full of sludge at 8500 km

Postby Sky Miner on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Mike[/quote]
I am looking at buying a new Triton and if I do one of the first things i want to fit is a catch can so I was wondering how you went with the Ebay one. Did you fit it and if so what are your thoughts? are they any good?[/quote]

There's no problem with using any generic catch can' as long as it's big enough for the engine displacement it's fitted to' for most 4cy the provent 200 (or similar) is good enough for it's size and is highly recommended......by everyone cause it works a treat :D
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby MN Driver on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:20 pm

grox wrote:Plug in a obd reader see if your egr is fully closed with your tune . The resistor does the same thing .

I don't have one yet. Can you recommend one that would suit my mn from ebay
MN Driver

Postby grox on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Just download an app to your phone torque pro is ok if you have android and get Bluetooth reader for $15 or so on eBay. Heaps on this site about it including reviews about scanguage ( it plugs in and sits on dash) plus other for iPhones etc. Just type in obd reader or torque pro into search. To give you idea you can set up gauges with torque pro for most things the ecu reads egr for example goes from 0 to 100 percent with 0 being closed. It's more about what you want to spend but it's a good investment as it shows real time readings from engine . You will pick up climbing coolant temp quicker than waiting for gauge on dash to move.
grox

Postby striker99 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 am

I ended up fitting the Prevent Catch Can to my MQ Triton over the weekend, I documented the process to install it and did an unboxing video for anyone who is interested...
Unboxing video:
https://youtu.be/wRMOyZqRAsg

Catch Can how to install video:
https://youtu.be/Hg6HgiRIuT0
striker99

Previous

Return to Drive Train Components