Another new member.

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Another new member.

Postby JoshM on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:54 am

Hey all,

Brought myself a MN triton a couple of weeks ago and have been reading for hours and hours over the last couple of weeks learning a great deal. There is some great information on here and hopefully ill be able to contribute at some stage.

My triton is a glx plus basically stock at the moment. I brought it with the standard factory wheels which were put back on for roadworthy but also came with some 16*8 ROH black wheels with 265*75 muddies which will be put on for my trips away. The first being Beachport/Robe area end of Sept for some fun in the sand.

So far I have put a Tonneau on it, got a compressor and recovery kit and have a OL bullbar on the way. Got a good deal at the 4*4 show in Melb on that one. Also just ordered a EGR kit from tony after a good read into it.

Cheers.
JoshM

Re: Another new member.

Postby har05l on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:25 am

Welcome Josh and it's great to see a new member actually reading into existing info instead of bombarding with stupid questions.

Hope you enjoy your triton and also this forum, you could read for a week and not even touch the sides :lol:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ML2008 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:25 am

Welcome JoshM, hope you have a lot to contribute as you build your Triton

I remember some great times between Robe and Beachport and beyond to Southport with fishing and driving in the sand.

A word for the wise, through that area is a lot of Beach driving, but is notorious for rapid weather change with gale force winds and high sea which can force you up into the vegetation, always and I mean always check the weather report the day before and then if clear keep to low tide time for beach driving time plus a very eagle eye for weather from the West.
ML2008
Platinum Subscriber

Postby JoshM on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks guys, yeah no use asking questions that have been answered.

Just got a call and the Bullbar gets fitted on the 16th and hopefully ill get the spotties fitted before the trip too.

Thanks for the info ML. I have been across that way once before in a mates car, but this time i'm going with the family camping so wont be going too extreme especially without a second vehicle. Will probably just do some of the tracks and stay off of the beach where i can. Hopefully wont have to get the shovel and maxtrax out. :lol:
JoshM

Postby ML2008 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:11 pm

You know I never got bogged on my own and when I went with the Holden 4WD Club, I did several times but never got a chance to get out of the car as all the other guys were out before me with there spades having a right all time digging, all I could see was flying sand and change of shift cause the other guy wasn't doing it right.

Don't be put off going on the sand just make sure your tyres are well down and don't go at it like a bull, and keep a eye open for weather is all.

Stay at Beachport Council Camping ground, its great and is located snug behind the sand dunes out of the wind and plenty of trees for shade on flat ground, They have good facilities including a wash bay for the car, plenty of electric BBQ's and best of all a community fire well for night time gas bagging with others.

As for a feed, there is a great Baker in town along with a Country Killed Butcher, plus the pub on top of the hill is fabulous, you can get down on the beach close by the caravan park and head North to Robe with plenty of beach, inland sand and rocky paths inland from the beach, enjoy and make me bloody envious, haven't been down that way for years.
ML2008
Platinum Subscriber

Postby JoshM on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Yeah should be right with the muddies with low pressure in them. Going to stay at Southend. Should be good but wont be going if the weather is looking bad. I will check out Beachport for future trips. We have been over cray bashing a few times but usually stay around Carpenter Rocks and hadn't had a 4wd of my own until now.
JoshM

Postby ML2008 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:59 pm

SOUTHEND !!! bring all your cold weather gear, on land is flat and fully exposed to the sea winds, main Cray boat repair port in the South East so the beach is great only thing I can add is they have great ice creams near the beach for the kids.

A great attraction for the family is to watch the huge harvester they use to put Cray boats back into the water.
ML2008
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Introductions