Hello looking to learn some good mods !!!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hello looking to learn some good mods !!!

Postby Bayne1991 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Iv bought myself a mn 2013 triton in January . I really want to get less of the whole lag thing at the bottom . Is a legendex throttle monkey worth looking at or anything like similar worth it ? I want a exhaust system in the future aswell but a bit lost as to all the choices as in correct diameter and mandrel bends what mental is used ECT ECT and $2500 seems a bit much for the legendex. :D
Bayne1991

Re: Hello looking to learn some good mods !!!

Postby Duck on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Some sort of throttle tricker seems to be popular quite a few around. Will make a difference to your driving & exhausts well 3' seems to be popular most common so price seems better. I think I read the 2 3/4 was better but costs more. Some talk of fuel savings, more power others of it making little different apart from it sounding better. Get them both & be done with it we all love new toys.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby L200Shogun on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Turbo lag" can be avoided by being aware of gear selection, engine speed and road seed. A Ecu remap or Tune can modify engine performance so more torque is made at lower revs.

A "throttle modifier" eg windbooster reduces throttle lag ie can increase throttle response. It does nothing to change lower the torque curve.

A thread on exhaust thoughts viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1397&start=225
L200Shogun

Postby Bayne1991 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 pm

[quote="Duck"]Some sort of throttle tricker seems to be popular quite a few around. Will make a difference to your driving & exhausts well 3' seems to be popular most common so price seems better. I think I read the 2 3/4 was better but costs more. Some talk of fuel savings, more power others of it making little different apart from it sounding better. Get them both & be done with it we all love new toys.

I really love new toys have you had any experience with the throttle trickers there's the kings ones I think they were about 83$ lengendex throttle monkey is $400 something the only difference I seen was there's 6 or so modes on the kings and 21 on the lengendex. Also exhausts some say the 3' is to big as the turbo dosnt have enough exhaust flow to require it ? Buggered if I know there's that much info and one contradicts the other .

L200shogun I drive trucks for a living with alot more than 5 gears lol unless your revving it up to 3100rmp + the next gear has some lag and so on but thanks for the info im slowly getting there the procedure is get an exhaust then tune ? Or save up and get the lot done at once .
Bayne1991

Postby Duck on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Get a windbooster or similar & see how you feel after that. I like the sound of new exhaust but better things to spend cash on I think, unless you pipe is rusted out/trashed.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Bayne1991 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Duck wrote:Get a windbooster or similar & see how you feel after that. I like the sound of new exhaust but better things to spend cash on I think, unless you pipe is rusted out/trashed.

True mate I'd like that sweet turbo diesel whistle out the back tho ! Haha :D
Bayne1991

Postby Minza on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 am

If it's the turbo whistle you're after just get the rear delete pipe,basically new back section with no muffler,100 beans off eBay. :D
Minza

Postby Bayne1991 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Sounds sweet Minza
Bayne1991

Return to Introductions