Fresh Triton Owner - 2013 GLX MN

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Fresh Triton Owner - 2013 GLX MN

Postby TheSheepKed on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:08 am

G'day guys,
Thought I'd introduce myself on here.
I recently purchased a 2013 GLX Auto MN Triton with ~85,000kms on the clock.
First diesel and ute I've owned but I'm already enjoying the ability to dump whatever I want in the back.
Took it for its first long trip recently, racking up 3200+ kms in 6 days. It worked well and didn't have any blaring issues with it except for the 4WD setting which is inconsistent. That is getting checked up by the dealer under warranty so we'll see what happens after that.

I know there have been a plethora of posts about MNs and issues with them but fingers crossed I don't come across any of these (or at least while it's still under warranty). So far it has been a great car and looking forward to many more trips in it.

No mods as of yet but I do have plans to throw on a bullbar, snorkel, UHF and maybe some new tires so I can tackle the Oodnadatta track in a couple months time. Will keep you posted as these come along.
Also if anyone can advise me as to what I should do with the antenna, as it is pokes up way too high for me to get into my garage. The rest of the car would fit but the antenna bends when it hits the garage door roof.

Would love to hear if any 2013 GLX MN owners have any tips or tricks they might recommend to me as I get to know the car a bit better.

Cheers guys.

Click to view larger picture
Click to view larger picture
TheSheepKed

Re: Fresh Triton Owner - 2013 GLX MN

Postby dieselweasel on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:36 pm

When you get your bullbar, you can always mount an external antenna for your head unit radio on it and leave the factory one unplugged internally and retracted on the pillar? You could have your uhf on one side of the bullbar and the FM one on the other side, I'm not sure of all the details of these Ariels because I've never needed an after market one but I'm sure supercheap or repco will have them.
Proud owner of 'Wheelbarrow'
dieselweasel

Postby als1200 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Good stuff.
Use it and Enjoy it.

Nice pic by the way.
als1200

Postby Geoff3DMN on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:46 pm

If you're going to do any off roading at all then I strongly suggest you check to see if the factory bash plates (which are really thin and crappy) have been replaced by a previous owner.

If not then I'd be making that change ASAP.
Geoff3DMN
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TheSheepKed on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks for the help guys. As it turns out, the antenna goes all the way into the car despite being one solid piece of metal (as opposed to the telescopic type).
Problem solved.

I'll look into getting bash plates as well. Not sure if they're required for the outback tracks though. They're not really considered off road tracks as far as 4WD'ing goes are they?
TheSheepKed

Postby dieselweasel on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Haha, sorry bud, my bad, I assumed you knew about the retractable antenna!
Proud owner of 'Wheelbarrow'
dieselweasel

Postby TheSheepKed on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:24 pm

dieselweasel wrote:Haha, sorry bud, my bad, I assumed you knew about the retractable antenna!

My fault. I just assumed that since it wasn't telescopic, it wouldn't go into the car. The manual they gave me was for a GLX-R so it's of no help at all.
TheSheepKed

Return to Introductions