New owner from Sydney, G'day!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New owner from Sydney, G'day!

Postby KevMQ on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:26 pm

G'day all,

I'm still in the process of planning what kind of build I want for the Triton but that's part of the fun as I purchased the Triton as a sort of project car. Pooling together as many ideas as possible for now so I can decide later on while I save up.

Only bought minor accessories so far including dash-cam and dark smoke chrome grille.

Here is a shot of our getaway vehicle in the Blue Mountains NSW, click to view fully.

https://ibb.co/i0Z17F

Bought the car with hard tonneau cover, weathershields, rubber mats, leather seats which started to see wear at 5000km and rear parking sensors. Here's what the car currently looks like.

https://ibb.co/i2eQGa

Next on the list potentially is:

- cargo divider, for tidiness as I tend to just chuck tools and the like in the back
- a UHF CB radio with antenna, looking at the Uniden UH8060s and the like
- seat covers for the front seats
- nudge bar
- storage box for tools and recovery gear

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We currently use the car for touring and light offroading, weekender stuff. We may consider modifications like a bullbar, suspension upgrade, tyres and rims if the offroading becomes more serious. Love the look of the AFN Bullbar hopefully they make it winch compatible later.

With the antenna I'm considering mounting it on the nudge bar, was previously considering mounting through the grill but that may not be viable. Will update as we go along.

Have done 16,000km, very happy with the car, when it comes time to replace the tyres might go for A/Ts. The Bridgestone Duelers are good enough for the kind of offroading that's done in our Triton. Looking back would definitely get the canopy over the hard tonneau cover and good quality drawers for more practicality, it's a real pain to get things from the very back of the tub with the hard cover. Live and learn, will stick with hard cover for now.

Looking forward to everyone else's builds 8-)
Last edited by KevMQ on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KevMQ

Re: New owner from Sydney, G'day!

Postby Jacobie on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am

Greetings Kev!

The new ride is looking good! (I could only see the URL Image, the first didn't work).
I'm a little jealous of my brothers MQ, how it drives and performs compared to my MN, But mine is still cooler 8-)

If I were to get an MQ (Planning to upgrade in the future) I would get the AFN bar, I think they look really good and don't stick out as much as the other bars.

Look forward to seeing the Build up!
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Return to Introductions