New member here

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New member here

Postby gsc-char-trit on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Hey there, I've only just joined this site, I also have a 2011 glxr.
I am wanting to run a dual battery system from under the bonnet.
However, I am kind of stumped with the ASC A an B box mounted at the back of the engine bay where the dual battery tray is suppose to mount. What did you do about this when you installed your batteries? I've had it suggested to move it as close to the wheel guard and fuel filter as possible.
gsc-char-trit

Re: New member here

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Welcome aboard.

I've split your post off into a separate thread. Not nice to hijack someone else's introduction. ;)

Here's a tip. Go into your User Control Panel and complete your location. Other members will then know where you are and locals can sometimes help you much better.

I didn't have any issue with space for another battery in my ML - but it was the far superior V6 which had the ABS on the right hand side, leaving lots of space on the left. For those who couldn't make it to a V6 and had to settle for the rock solid but boring diesel the best options seem to have been either a smaller second battery or a tub mounting. For the MN, options are much the same but you miss out on the "rock solid" bit. :P
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: New member here

Postby 98kellrs on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:50 am

TJM do a good dual battery tray and cheap price on install. Saw another guy with an MN who got his done surprisingly cheaply.
98kellrs

Return to Introductions