Howdy from WA

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Howdy from WA

Postby andyc on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Well G'Day to you all,
I brought myself an 08 dual cab from the auctions last week, it's got the ARB Commercial bar on it. Plus Maxxis 751 Bravo's at 265/70 17, worse luck it's white and the suspension by the feel of it is the standard stuff and totally shot. It drives like a pregnant cow at the moment, hopefully once I get to sorting out some new suspension in the next month or so that should improve.
The car was a repossession so it was unregistered, I took it over the pits this morning and it failed for two reasons. The front left wheel bearing has too much play, and the drivers window only goes down 2/3 of the way. So my first forum question would be are the front bearings adjustable, or are they a sealed floating unit, and has any one else had a jammed window.

Regards
Andy
Some days it just not worth chewing through the restraints.
andyc

Re: Howdy from WA

Postby Eelesy on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Welcome andy. i cant help you about the bearings, i dont know, but someone on here has had an issue with the window being tight, solution was to spray it good with slican spray. is it like its getting slow and stuck? or stopps jammed completly?
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby tookie on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 pm

hi mate got a few good people here in wa do a few runs together , welcome to the site , you meet some nice people , and learn alot about your triton from the site wecome andy

tookie perth hills :roll:
tookie

Postby sierra on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Could the window be the same as this post?

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3358

Car Door Check Strap

Postby YogiOz on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:57 am
Well......

the other day the drivers side door was stuck open. After jiggling it a bit it closed OK and this has reoccurred a couple of times. Took it into the stealer (Comm Motors, Phillip ACT) to show them and was told that there was a known issue with the check straps. It is booked in next week for inspection/repair. It isn't broken yet - if it does break the drivers side window won't unwind all the way.
sierra

Postby andyc on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Hey Eelesy it just stops, it will go down all the way with some push. I'll just take the door skin off on the weekend and have a look to make sure nothing is broken, and see what's gumming it up.

Hey Tookie, yes i've been lurking and have seen a few sangroppers. Worse luck the next two months for me are full, because i'm dying to take the thing for a cruise. Hopefully by October, I'll have some free time to catch up with some crew and get the thing dirty.

Andy
andyc

Postby andyc on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Hey Sierra, yes i saw that thread the door opens and close fine though, after taking the trim off i should have a better idea. I'd prefer to do it myself as the chance of me taking to a stealership is bloody slim, it will have to be an extreme circumstance for me to ever take it to any of them.
andyc

Postby tubby1965 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:05 pm

hey andy
welcome to the forum good to see another west aussie making up the numbers
well done on your purchase of the triton.
get your little problems fixed and it will like new.
what of perth are you in.
cheers
tubby
tubby1965

Postby andyc on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:29 pm

G'Day Tubster,

Yes the problems are fixed, wheel bearing was totally shagged but reasonably easy to fix(you replace the whole floating hub), the window problem is also the door strap that's causing the issue(as was suggested). So next week it will be off to the stealership for that to be sorted, and i'm from Willetton. When the madness of the next couple of months is over, then maybe a couple of us should catch up go for a bit of a drive.
Maybe up to Wilbinga or some thing similar where we can sit on the beach with a beer and throw a line in and talk some shite ;)

Cheers

Andy
andyc

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi Andy,
Wilbinga is the go, or the sand dunes out the back of Two Rocks (Sandbowls), but via Wilbinga rd is it? Not through Two rocks. I'm up for another bash soon as the better half drops her bundle in a month or two... tick tock.

I vote your gif the best on yet, that plus the pregant cow comment - had me a lol moment. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby rick on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:03 pm

ive done the wilbinga one a few times,even camped over night on the beach and had a huge fire 8-)
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby rawlos on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Nice place to drive and have fun good fisshing too i would be up for that after i get back from our four week dive across this great land by then it should be warmer and a sleep out could be in order?? ;)
rawlos

Postby rick on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:19 pm

yeh get the swag aired out 8-)
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Return to Introductions