New Member from NSW

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Member from NSW

Postby Seana on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:44 am

Greetings all! Lucked across this forum, been great reading so far. Returning to Aus at the end of the year from a stint O/S, looking to buy a 4WD again and was seriously considering the Hilux, but after reading many great things about the Triton I think I'm sold! Have owned in the past Pajero (SWB and LWB), Jackaroo SE and some other smaller rice burners (but won't embarrass myself right yet). Am attracted to the ute style for practicality and given I don't want to worry too much about wrecking the interior of a 'normal' 4WD.

Was looking at the posts with interest on the new MN and it's 2.5, first impression was 'great, new engine', but after reading the posts on this site and some O/S reviews it might be second fiddle to the 3.2. Below is an extract from a review in the UK:

On-road the L200 drives surprisingly well, cruising comfortably at speed and with suspension that's more than up to dealing with urban potholes and speedbumps. Grip levels are relatively modest, but optional stability control helps to keep everything pointing in the right direction. Four-wheel drive makes it talented in the dirt, too, thanks to low-range gears and a locking centre differential. The only real weakness is the 2.4 litre diesel engine, which lacks urge and is gets loud when asked to accelerate hard.

Anyway, buy the time I get home and am ready to order at the end of the year I'm sure there will be some real experience and will be able to decide if I go new or pick up a 3.2 second hand.

I also look forward to picking up some info from this site on canopies, bull bar, winch and all the extras which I will for sure need!

Cheers
Sean
Seana

Re: New Member from NSW

Postby Homer on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:07 am

Welcome mate, enjoy your stay.

I wonder if they were writing about the 2.4 petrol?
I don't put much stock in some of the write ups, particularly when they can't get the specs right.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions