Hi All

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hi All

Postby NewFun356 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 am

Thanks for your time people i haven't done this chat room/blog thing before.
I'm a Refrigeration & Air con engineer and just started my own business. I've been driving company vans for twenty years and can't bring myself to drive another. I don't own a car and can't afford to run both so went down the truck route. Read reviews on various pick ups. Tested nissan,toyota & mitsubishi. All the reviews stated that the mitsi was the best suited for the uk. Also the fact that it's the best looking truck out there bought an x demo with 4700 miles on the clock. The truck had xtras. Tow bar,reverse parking sensors,chrome checker plate deck lid & a rubber type coating bedliner(really hard wearing).
I love it and i'm getting between 450 - 480 miles out of a tank of deisel. I don't rush around and i don't drive like an old woman either.When i hit the motor way get to 70mph and switch to cruise control and point in the right direction. I will have to get a canopy/box back to make my day to day use of the truck easier to work from.

Well thanks for taking time out to read this drivel.

Take care all drive safe.
New owner (sorry if i ask stupid questions)
NewFun356

NewFun356

Re: Hi All

Postby snowman on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:11 pm

do you need refrigeration in England......? :D :D :D

welcome mate. not too many silly questions but always do a search before asking as often the same questions are asked time and time again....have fun.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby rick on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 pm

hey mate well done,is she a duel or single cab/pet-diesle :roll:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby rick on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:20 pm

:oops: just found ya shed,mind with no pics on,how much over there mate :?:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby NewFun356 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:10 am

Well Snowman on a good day i put the a/c on :lol: . The question about the spare, i secured it with my old oxford bike chain and small d lock the chain has a cover so no probs there.
NewFun356

Postby NewFun356 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:26 am

Rick,
She's a double cab animal in silver (A66) is the mitsubishi code from what i'm told. 2.5 common rail diesle with a checker plate deck. soon to be replaced with a metal canopy (smm) make them in thailand. I've been told they are so much better than the fiberglass type. Had a bit of a swat and they weigh about the same as the fiberglass type also. Go to ebay type l200 canopy and you will see. In the uk the truck new is £21000.00 plus vat
£25000.00 in total but that is for the animal with all the toys inside.

Off to bed now i'll catch up later and try to put some pics in me shed

Later and thanks for taking time out.
NewFun356

Postby acecom on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi Newfun welcome aboard,I have found this site to be very helpful.Enjoy
acecom

Postby tubby1965 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:24 pm

hi Newfun,
welcome to the forum, good to see folk from the uk getting on board, as a ex pom from a Manchester
a 10 pounder , good choice on your wheels too...you have lots of fun...i have the glx-r turbo diesel with
canopy the mits factory fitted in gun metal grey best thing we have bought, always had holdens before
when we had our caravan it could not pull the skin off a rice pudding, but the triton pulled it no problem.
anyway mate welcome.
tubby1965
tubby1965

Postby sierra on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi New Fun,
Grew up in your neck of the woods. Age 4 - 23 spent based at Fareham with many weekends at Brighton supplementing crap apprentice wage by moonlighting at Butlins holiday camp, back in the 60's.

Are you getting the new version of the 2.5 CRD putting out 131kw and 400Nm?

I see yours has an uprated version already, 123kw and 402Nm compared to the 100kw and 314Nm standard.
Any chance of finding out what the modifications are to get the higher output? I've got a 4x2 cab chassis with the 2.5CRD 100/314 and would be interested in using the same mods for mine here where the 2.5CRD has only recently been introduced and now the HP version has outed the old 3.2CRD :cry: :roll:

Gentlemen, please it's,
DIESEL!!!!
;) :| :D
sierra

Return to Introductions