hello

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

hello

Postby marashkar on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:37 pm

hello everyone. been lurking for a while. ordered a white mn diesel auto mmcs and all the rest of the stuff you should have. live in central qld. always been toyota but enough is enough i can no longer justify price. but still own three. hope what i am going through is normal. and mitsi. find/make one soon. steve
marashkar

Re: hello

Postby Buzzy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:34 pm

Welcome marashkar, good to see that you have "seen the light" :lol:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby MR T on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:09 pm

welcome mate
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby tritionspecn on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Hey Marashkar,
Welcome
I have read your post on the wait period, I dont know if its normal but I have waited almost as long, but I thinks thats my fault. :oops:
Best of Luck and hope all goes well. I think the wait might be due to some demand on the limited quantities of the ones currently being shipped, try pushing a little harder for an earlier delivery or you will change dealerships or even go interstate blah blah ???? Maybe the factory diff lock is another reason for a wait??
Good luck
tritionspecn

Postby sierra on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 pm

tritionspecn wrote:Maybe the factory diff lock is another reason for a wait??

If you lose the LSD when you option the diff lock would that reduce the traction driving on sand?
It certainly would on wet roads now that I've had the chance to compare an open diff and LSD the latter is a must have.
Just wondering if the losses are worth the gains since the LSD would seem to be of value more frequently?
:? :| :)
sierra

Postby Homer on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:48 am

^^^That is the only reason I didn't consider the locker.
If you are doing a lot of bush bashing, the compromise would then be worth it.
My choice would definitely be LSD and front locker to give close to the best of both worlds - but I don't think you will get a front locker installed etc for $600
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:13 am

Ive got the rear locker and do fair bit of sand driving ( well used to ) never had any dramas , just have tyre pressures down to suit ;)
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby sierra on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:27 am

Another possibility to increase traction off road with the LSD might be to utilise the ABS to lock or just slow the spinning wheel to transfer drive to the one that's got the most grip?
:? :?:
How about traction on the road Dylan?
My teeny wheeny 2.5 spins both back wheels with a LSD on wet roads in 2nd with too much throttle and I'm careful in 3rd on bends.
That giant 3.2 would spin one wheel pulling away on tickover with an open diff!
:roll: :? ;) :)
sierra

Postby marashkar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:06 am

thanks for your thoughts on this current car has traction ctrl. stability ctrl. as does the glxr now if mitsis system works as well as this. on road then i will be happy the diff lock only for the serious stuff. salesman now getting hard to get hold of not happy. once again thanks steve
marashkar

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:10 am

I have super select so if it gets a bit slick on the road just chuck it in all wheel drive mode and its sweet as

Sorry for the hijack marashkar :? :D
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby sierra on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:22 am

Forgot about all the new fangled traction and stability control. That might just make a LSD redundant except the LSD doesn't cut the power.
Super Doopa Select too for the traffic light oil slicks!
:oops: ;)

You might be able to track your vehicle, Marashkar, if you get the delivery number or whatever Mits use. Then contact head office and hassle them or you might be able to log on as a customer to track it yourself? :?
sierra

Return to Introductions