Hi all from Poland

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hi all from Poland

Postby Remcio on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:43 am

Hi everyone,
I live and work in Poland and I'm Triton (L200 in Europe) owner since 04.2007. It's a 2.5 DID with RalliArt Mitsubishi Chiptuning (167 Hp), called "Instyle +".
My Ute alredy travelled 110k km with no major issues.
Currently it has some plastic :oops: nudge bar with driving lights, African Outback roof console, underbody protection from 6mm alloy and 255/70/17 Yokohama ATS tires.
2010 will be a sutable time for OME suspension, ARB deluxe bull bar in a front as well as Safari Snorkel.

So great to join this site and "Good Day" to all of you...

Remcio
Last edited by Remcio on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remcio

Re: Hi all from Poland

Postby sam on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:18 am

Hi mate and welcome good to see people form all over the world joining makes for an interesting forum ;)
Your 167hp works out at 125Kw approx but was wondering what the torque is on your Tri :?:
sam

Postby Homer on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:50 am

Hi mate, your truck sounds nice!

Nice to have you on board :)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Remcio on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:50 pm

sam wrote:...but was wondering what the torque is on your Tri :?:

the std is:
100KW/136Hp and 314Nm @ ~2k rpm

in Poland dealers offers RalliArt Chiptuning:
122KW/167Hp and ~380Nm @ ~2k rpm - that's what I've got

since April 2009 there is a HP version available in Europe (HP - High Power):
131KW/178Hp and 400Nm @ 2k rpm
It is comming directly from modified 2.5 DID engine w/o any kind of chiptuning...

rgds
Remcio

Postby mad992 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:52 pm

is your truck the south african built , or thailand built :?: oh and gidday mate
mad992

Postby sierra on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Remcio wrote:in Poland dealers offers RalliArt Chiptuning:
122KW/167Hp and ~380Nm @ ~2k rpm - that's what I've got

Hi Remcio,
Good to hear from you.
I've got the 100kw 2.5 in my 4x2 single cab tray top so I'm interested in the RalliArt Chiptuning as it's not available in Oz as far as I know? Is this the option offered in the UK for 250 pounds? Have you had the L200 and chip from new? Have you had the chance to compare it with the standard engine and if so what is your opinion on power, fuel economy and refinement?
Is it available over the counter or does it have to be tuned on a dyno? Can you still buy it aftermarket and if so how much?
Has it caused any engine problems?
etc etc.....

Lastly, I don't know why new members from Europe seem to duck for cover never to be heard from again when I reply to their posts? :? :roll: :( :)
sierra

Postby Remcio on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:48 pm

mad992 wrote:is your truck the south african built , or thailand built :?: oh and gidday mate

It's a Thai one (Feb 2007)...

sierra wrote:Hi Remcio,
Good to hear from you.
I've got the 100kw 2.5 in my 4x2 single cab tray top so I'm interested in the RalliArt Chiptuning as it's not available in Oz as far as I know? Is this the option offered in the UK for 250 pounds? Have you had the L200 and chip from new? Have you had the chance to compare it with the standard engine and if so what is your opinion on power, fuel economy and refinement?
Is it available over the counter or does it have to be tuned on a dyno? Can you still buy it aftermarket and if so how much?
Has it caused any engine problems?
etc etc.....

So the mentioned Chiptuning is available as an option in Polish dealer network. I do have it from new. It is giving you more Hp and tourqe and you can feel it comparing to the std 136Hp. Fuel consumption is the same - at least I haven't seen any diffreneces - no issues with the engine at all. I'm making the maintenanse at the dealer network as scheduled in the book - every 20kkm.
My truck has a manual gear box and SuperSelect 4x4 transmission.
I don't know if the 250 pound chip is the same, for sure in Poland it costs 3.5-4k PLN = ~1.4k AUD with installation.
You can buy it only in dealers network (at least in Poland) - I saw some aftermarket posted on the e-bay but I'm not sure about the quality.

rgds
Remcio

Postby sierra on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Remcio,
Thanks for the detailed reply.
It's good to know it's clocked up 110,000km with the chip and no problems. It's more expensive than I hoped but Mitsubishi have to get their cut too.
Our service interval is 15,000km here and many of us are changing the engine oil at 7,500km too. I assume you have only had the oil changed every 20,000km and wonder what oil they use, how dirty it is by then and does it use any oil?
Have you blocked the EGR valve?
What's the diesel quality like in Poland and if it's not the best has that caused any problems with the injectors since it's a common rail and very high pressure?

Sorry to indundate you with questions but until the MN Triton there have been relatively few 2.5 CRD's here, mostly 3.2's and it's good to have some feedback, especially one with a chip and some km's under it's belt.
:D
sierra

Postby Remcio on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:43 am

Sierra,
The service is baisically: filters (fuel, air, oil) and oil exchange. On top of that each 40kkm there should be valve clearance check and if nesesary set up - I had it once and it's connetced with head of the engine removal and set of head gaskets exchange - quite expensive one...after 100kkm there was also the "timing gear" exchange (belt)...
Oil used: Castrol SLX C3 5W40 - doesn't look very bad during exchange

Service call offs:
1. Exchange of the steering column (breaking on the spot weld, this should break only during the collision and allow the steering wheel to miss our chest/face)
2. EGR check - fixation of the tube
3. Spacers exchange between suspension leafs - it was making a lot of noice
4. Heating of the fuel filter added (reverse circulation of the fuel from the pre-injection chamber) - last year winter most of the Tritons from south of Poland have visited the service on the trailers (during one week) as it was not possible to start up the engine (even when it was turning and the battery was ok) - water in the filter have frozen and the fuel was not getting to the engine - temp -15 up to -20 C deg.

Quality of diesel in Poland is ok, during the last 10 years it improved significantly. I use Shell and BP stations and had no issues with injection...

rgds
Remcio

Postby sierra on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:58 am

Remcio,
20,000km seems a very long time for diesel oil changes but they must know what they're doing?[Mitsubishi]
Along with 15,000km service interval here we get the valve clearance adjustment every 30,000km. Hopefully it's only the cam covers that have to come off for that, should be?
It gets cold over there!! so the 15w/50 still seems ok for Oz where most places see 40c more often than frost.

Sounds like they might have cleaned or replaced your manifold with the EGR check?

I was basing the poor fuel quality on the Top Gear episode where they drove from the UK to Poland to fill up with cheap diesel. Shouldn't trust their versions of reality on that show.
;) :)
sierra

Postby Remcio on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:58 pm

sierra wrote: I was basing the poor fuel quality on the Top Gear episode where they drove from the UK to Poland to fill up with cheap diesel. Shouldn't trust their versions of reality on that show.

Sure you can find the poor quality diesel in Poland on some "no name" gas station in the middle of nowhere but it is getting better and better, the real issue it was a 6-10 years ago. I remember while I was refuling my Nissan (end of 90's)the blue smoke was comming out of the exchaust and there was half of Hps missing, now it's better.

The friend of mine has a Triton 2 months older than mine and he has 190kkms done w/o major issues...
Remcio

Postby sierra on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:30 pm

That's reassuring, 190,000km! It's getting better and better, especially with 20,000km oil changes too.
That's also good news with the fuel because the rumour here was that anything less than pristine diesel would wreck the injectors and they cost A$1,000? each. Hopefully our brew is as good as yours.
One last question and it's about the EGR valve. Do you guys block it off at the exhaust side to stop it blocking up the inlet manifold with carbon?
:)
sierra

Postby Remcio on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:48 am

So I haven't heard about blocking the EGR...looking through polish 4x4 forums and Official Mitsubishi Owner Portal we found out two issues with EGR which have been resolved very fast and it was not directly linked to EGR valve but to the connections which were loose...simple tightening and it was ok...no additional activities.

So EGR is not the topic at all - at least in Poland...

you have to be aware that most of the time our Trit's are spending on the bitumen based surfaces only holiday travels and weekend trips (from time to time) are a little bit off-road...my Trit is 90% on and 10% off road however I live in the mountains so it doesn't have an easy live... ;)

take care!

P.S.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRIIMRA3kcI that's my ute...
Remcio

Postby sierra on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:53 am

Seems it's not an issue with the 2.5 and that might be because the design of the manifold is different to the 3.2?
Here's the link to a thread on it[long thread!]

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1020&start=0

Without reading through it all again there was something in there about the modified manifold having the ECU boost sensor located above the EGR entrance to the manifold, so it couldn't get blocked. I doubt that was the only problem because there are pics of a manifold stripped for cleaning and it's chokka with carbon. Your mates has clocked up loads of km's with no problems, yet some 3.2's have lost power, economy and thrown engine lights after very low km's.
I've blocked mine after 3,000km to keep it clean and have had no problems up to 6,500km currently and it feels more flexible down low.

Thanks for the link. Looks good! Did you use the tripod to avoid hyperthermia and camera shake?
sierra

Postby Remcio on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:19 pm

sierra wrote: Thanks for the link. Looks good! Did you use the tripod to avoid hyperthermia and camera shake?

Yes I left the camera on the tripod... :roll:
Remcio

Return to Introductions