Hi from new triton owner

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hi from new triton owner

Postby mick red on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:53 am

Hi all, will be picking up new ML Black GLX-R auto next week. Was going to wait for MN but at $4,500 differance to get the same options and being impatient went for the last ML dealer had in stock. Plan on some lightfore 240 driving lights,EGR block and turn up the boost a little. In future a DP chip or ECU reflash would be nice.

I have read the stories on the poor standard suspension and because the car will see a fair amount of time on the gravel i was wondering if just up gradeing the shocks is enough or do you need to do the springs as well. I will go to 265 tyres when the originals are worn out but dont really need any lift.

This site has been a great resource already thanks Mick
mick red

Re: Hi from new triton owner

Postby Blue on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:57 am

Welcome Mick - shocks are a good start but if you have the folding gear, why not upgrade the springs at the same time...???
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Also, look into trading your stock tyres from new. I got $114 for the spare off mine yesterday. Makes the 265's considerably cheaper and you don't have to use the stock crap.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:41 pm

I'd do front springs for sure. Rears can maybe wait if not towing a lot as doesn't affect the handling that badly (do rear shocks though). I just have 'helper' springs on my std leafs and they're OK so far.

You can change rear springs later easy enough.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby timothy on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:09 pm

KONI :p

cant help it just love my new schocks (amazing the difrence in handeling bit harder but there still new:-))

8-)
ps there adjustable
timothy

Postby mick red on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:37 pm

pick up 3.00 today cant wait
mick red

Postby rick on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:45 pm

pics mate :D
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby mick red on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:17 pm

love it! never test drove the auto but glad i got it. sits at 2500 at 120klms and seems like it wants another gear, by going to the 265s does it change the revs much? looking forward to the morning when i can start on the EGR and boost mod.

When i picked up the car the dealer just got in 3 MNs,2 manual GLX-R,1 auto GLX. I really liked the look of them.Was a bit disapointed one reason that i went ML was dealer thought the new ones were 2-3 weeks away and when i questioned him about it he said the computer was still telling him they were on the ship??

After driving mine though could not be happier with it. Bring on the mods.
mick red

Postby mad992 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:32 pm

cool mickyred good work 8-) another 4 team black
mad992

Postby Mongo on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Well done mate fill that tank up and DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE, you know we have had our Gunmetal GLXR Auto for about 4 months now and I still get that urge to just go driving :D you know the the mitsi motto LUV THAT CAR or should I say TRUCK. 8-) Look forward to checking out your shed profile.
Mongo

Return to Introductions