Which one?

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Which one?

Postby lucky1 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi all,
Class leading room in the ML and a 2nd child has meant the MK has to go and I have the opportunity to get either a red ML VR (with Bbar, rear bar and blue tooth manual) or a black GLXR auto with trayliner and Btooth. Both are TD Black one is a demo with 7000k on it. Price differencs is negligable?
Will be a tourer and prob end up with a canopy, tyres and other great things on a very long wish list????
THoughts on the MK - trade or private 2006 GLS 37000k's with ARB canopy?
Nice to read about all the info on this site and will help me to spend plenty of $$$$$$ :twisted: :shock:
Lucky1
lucky1

Re: Which one?

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Welcome Lucky.

Go the VR. The extras make up more than the price difference and you don't get stuff you don't need and then have to unload at a loss. The black looks lovely but is a pain to maintain and you save 7000km.

Sell your MK privately if you have time. Mine took a while because there are a few out there but not too many GLS with low k's.

Keep coming back here for yet more ways to spend your $$.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Cyber 09 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Agree with Nowforthe5th.
Go the VR. If you are planning on those extras the GLXR pretty stuff gets wasted.
And go private sale for the MK. We traded cause we just wanted out thinking it would take ages to move but reckon we could have sold ours 3 times over, but were already locked into the trade deal. And to rub salt in it was gone from dealer plot within 2 days. Obviously they robbed us.
Cyber 09

Postby lucky1 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 pm

Cheers to both answers guys.
Put deposit down on VR! Will ask for a week or two to change over so if comes down to it I can trade. Hopefully wont need to as will be able to sell privately? Best experience selling privately on carsales? We are sad to see the MK go, it's been good to us but to small for the littlies!
VR has sports bar anyway? So will put some MT 's on ASAP, get the windows tinted and a trayliner and we are away - Steering clear of paint, fabric protection (wallet fleecing) this time and buying a tin of wax and two tins of scotch guard from Autobahn!!
Lucky1
lucky1

Postby lanselltoor on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Steering clear of paint, fabric protection (wallet fleecing) this time and buying a tin of wax and two tins of scotch guard from Autobahn!!

Hey Lucky1, Congrats on the purchase. Just wanted to tell you to use either the wax or paint protection(scotchguard). Probably can use both but not required. I have been doing a bit of research regarding this very topic, because the stealers was going to charge me through the nose and wondered why does it cost so much. Anyway three steps to a good shine. Wash, decontaiminate and then protect. Both waxing and scotchguard falls into the third step. Have a read of this article, which explains it well. Not sure about their product though. Been leaning toward Zaino products myself. Anyway Good luck.
lanselltoor

Postby lanselltoor on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:52 pm

lanselltoor

Postby lucky1 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Mine arrived today ;) It is a red one with cruise and bluetooth (Not sure about the BT?) Mit chrome bullbar. Got some cooper atr's on it from delivery and called into my ARB store today and ordered a colur coded rear tow bar :shock: $$$$ Got a reverse camera ready to go and an alpine stereo from the MK. We are now undecided on canopy? Decision to be made about a tray liner? Two kids seats fitted with plenty of room. Looking forward to tomorows drive to work for the first time in a long time :lol: Although it has been fun driving the XT forrester 8-) but the wife wants it back.
lucky1

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Good choice on colour. See the canopy thread for all the choices but for solid build and practicality the ARB's got to be worth a look. You'll probably want to PM did3.2 for some seat spacers by the time you get home from work. Also some decent speakers that your Alpine head unit won't blow out through those little holes in the door trims.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to Introductions