Silver Streak's story and introduction....

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Silver Streak's story and introduction....

Postby Silver Streak on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:39 am

Hi Guys,

I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to do here, and having a quick look at some of the other intro posts, there doesn't seem to be an introduction of the themselves personally, but their vehicle(s), as such. I haven't got a Triton as yet, but soon I hope.
I have had a strong connection with Mitsubishi for many years and worked at the Mitsubishi plant here in Adelaide (Tonsely Park) for more years than I'd care to say. But lets just say I was there also when it was know as Chrysler Australia Limited as well. My role over the years was with tooling and die manufacture, under the umbrella of, stamping and hardware, as it was called. In the latter years, my involvement was with cad-cam and cutter-path generation for the large CNC machines we had there in the toolroom machine-shop. But as most of you would be aware that manufacturing plant is now defunct and all Mitsubishi vehicles are now all fully imported, from various parts of the world.
Over the years I have seen many vehicles come and go, from the 'R' series Valiant to the Mitsubishi 380 sedans, as well as all the other imported vehicles that were stored at the plant before being distributed to the dealer network. Which of course included the Tritons, Pajeros, Colts and Lancers etc.
I must say, over the years I have driven all the vehicles Mitsubishi have had on offer, but in recent times I weren't that impressed with the original rattly 3.2 litre diesel that they had in the Pajero and later in the Triton, it was a shocker. I reckon, so I'll be interested to what the new 2.5 litre turbo diesel is like. I remember walking around the plant at Tonsley Park and you could here the diesel Pajeros coming from a hundred metres or so back, it just didn't seem to go with that classy looking vehicle.

Anyway, that's it.

Silver Streak.
Silver Streak

Re: Silver Streak's story and introduction....

Postby Homer on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:02 am

Welcome mate and look forward to hearing your opinions from a manufacturing point of view.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Re: Silver Streak's story and introduction....

Postby snowman on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am

Silver Streak.

great movie, for a 70's job anyway.......... love that scene when the train goes straight through the station! AND all before bloody CGI as well.

oh and...welcome mate.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Introductions