from Thailand

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

from Thailand

Postby Mezcal on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi all

I was born and raised in north Italy bu I currently live in Thailand. I'm about to buy a Triton, 2 door, 2.5l turbo diesel...the low version.
Just found this site and thought it might be a good idea to join. Judging from the pics here, you all have 4x4 triton or am I wrong?
Are you all based in Australia?

all the best
Markus
Mezcal

Re: from Thailand

Postby Buzzy on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi Markus welcom to the site
There are people on here from all over the world so your not alone.
There are also a few people with 2WD Tritons but the majority have 4WD's
Throw some pics up when you can so we can see your truck

Cheers
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby sierra on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Marcus,

Just realised what the low version means! Lower power 2.5 CRD?
I thought you got lower Tritons in Thailand! So are they calling them Tritons instead of L200 these days?
I've got an ML single cab 2.5 so you're not on your own here. You might be for a while with it being an MN?
Better not call it low power. :shock: :oops:
I've been trying to convince all these 4x4 double cab + tub drivers that they need more power to drag all the extra weight around and the single cab with the normal 2.5 will leave them for dead cos it's half a tonne lighter.
8-)
sierra

Postby Mezcal on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:04 pm

hi

Actually, I didn't mean lower power....just lower in the distance from the ground.
Here in Thailand there are 2 main versions of the Triton: the 4X2 2.5l, 2 and 4 doors....and the Triton Plus, which comes in 2.5l or 3.2, in 4X2 and 4X4, in 2 and 4doors.
Since I'm a poor :( teacher, I'm going for the "low" 2door, 2.5l....second hand :oops:
I'm not sure how many hp they have here or elsewhere and to be honest it doesn't bother me much. I choose the Triton (they don't use the name L200) because I think it's the sexiest pickup around. I love the design, in- and outside and it reminds me of some old hotrods :P
Mezcal

Postby sierra on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:36 pm

That's interesting.
They all have the same ride height here but all the other make's 4x2's are much lower with smaller wheels too.
Have you got any pics of the one you're getting?
They'll all be coming over to Thailand to pick up 3.2 versions if you can get that in the new model.
Do you have the new model too and is it called the MN?
I agree it looks good, especially compared with all the other look alikes on the market that haven't changed in years.
Are you getting the earlier model MK? that was lower for the 4x2 about 2006 and earlier?
My cab chassis before this one was a 1993 Ford Courier that I owned for about 8 years. It was 5 years old when I got it and never missed a beat, best value for money in a car I ever had.
:D
sierra

Return to Introductions