howdy from JamoGLXR

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

howdy from JamoGLXR

Postby JamoGLXR on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Although i have 3 post already.
Jamo/22/hunter valley
I bought my triton after about 2 months of deliberating. I was Navara all the way untill one day off i thought i got nothing to do ill go see about the group of tritons at the local dealer. 45 mins later i was driving around town, i was instantly sold :) 6days of being debt free and i was back in debt it has been worth it so far.
My previous drive was a 4x2 BT50 and it was perfect for the weekend on the dirt bikes but no dry storage and when not loaded.
Im interested in full offroad treking but i can see it happening to fetch a dirt bike oneday.
over the next 12 months i will make a few additions to make it homely and in a few years probably kit it up for a trip up to the top or down south.
Ive joined because its good to turn to others that have been there before or a better way to do it
Nice to meet you all :)
"You'll Never Walk Alone"
JamoGLXR

Re: howdy from JamoGLXR

Postby QueenslandeR on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:53 pm

welcome mate, i too had a bt-50 2wd before this, its certainly a step up (even though the BT was a good ute). Looks like were running the same spotties too. Not my choice of colour though :P
QueenslandeR

Postby JamoGLXR on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:36 am

I picked up the GLXR a few grand cheaper because it was the 09 model. it was the last one on the lot for 6 grand cheaper i s'pose i could get into a weekly washing routine. The BT50 was good but just in the wrong application.
Good spotties aswell it was either them or Lightforce XGTs but they were just a bit pricey, maybe next time
JamoGLXR

Postby amalinze on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Why did you come on here Jamo? Wasn't some friendly persuasion by a workmate was it?
METHANOL INJECTION ROCKS!
amalinze

Postby Homer on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Welcome mate...keep the wallet handy and CC statements hidden from your missus if you frequent here at all.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Wallace on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Im interested in full offroad treking

You are in the right area, plenty of members from the Newy, Hunter and Beresford area. :D Just watch out for the turf war :lol: :lol: . Enjoy the site and as Homer said " Now it's time to play" ;)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby JamoGLXR on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 pm

it sorta was persuasion from a Work.... well a colleague. speaking of which i passed you on the highway today amalinze never seen your car in the flesh. It looks very nice mate.. i do enjoy my electrickery in vehicles and its good to get others ideas and before installing.. latest purchase is a Scangauge2 and im lucky my girl cant see the statements so im doin what i can before she does get a chance to "monitor" them.. I see i made a typo in my statement, it was supposed to say im not interested in full offroad treking but now that i have had a go at ascending and descending i must say its very enjoyable.. i can see myself climbing a real hill oneday but its too new for now and a decent set of feet for the triton will probably keeping that urge at bay.. like i said For Now!!
JamoGLXR

Return to Introductions