New MN Price paid?

Anything Triton related

Re: New MN Price paid?

Postby FredSmith on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:26 pm

dbgalaxy5 wrote:
FredSmith wrote:Hi Everyone.

I purchased my GLX double cab for $34500 and I get $2000 cash back

Ian,

May I ask, was that 4x4 or 4x2. And I assume the deal with alloys ?

I'm just curious because the (manual) 4x4 dual cab is $29990 on Mitsubishi's own site before any additional dealer incentive ($31,990 PLUS $2000 CASHBACK). How much does the Automatic transmission add?

Good day dbgalaxy5,
Sorry for the late reply. It is a 4X4. The auto adds $2500,ie 34500 less the 2000 cash back :D .Yes the alloys etc were included. 8-) 8-)
FredSmith
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:28 am

FredSmith wrote:
Good day dbgalaxy5,
Sorry for the late reply. It is a 4X4. The auto adds $2500,ie 34500 less the 2000 cash back :D .Yes the alloys etc were included. 8-) 8-)

No need to apologise.

A good deal, but shame the dealer wasnt a little more flexible, as they havent come to the party beyond the listed manufacturer offers. That said, as of today the $2000 cash back is gone, so you'd be lucky to get near the price you achieved now.
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby damn on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Had a call from the sales guy this morning, apparently the side mouldings only come in silver & if I want them to match the car (white) it will be another $250! WFT is the deal with that, the most common colour they sell is white, but they don't make the mouldings in white? They have at least agreed to knock the $230 off the price.

@DDwr450f pickup was meant to be Wednesday, but could be a bit later. This may be just as well as I need to build a carport to keep it nice and clean ;-)

@snowman thanks for the warning, I am in Sydney and too will be checking carefully when I collect it.
damn

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:53 pm

They're silver because only the silver ones warrant looking after to that extent :D :lol:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm

dbgalaxy5 wrote:
snowman wrote:
Guess what, covered in rail dust

Snowman.

Forgive my ignorance (put it down to my being a pom).. but what exactly is "rail dust".

ah what the hell dbgalxy5 - it is general discussion. Anyway i did search for rail dust and got nothing but i am pretty sure 5th has explained it before. If someone can find it it will explain it 100 times better than i will.

so as i know it.........In literal terms it is the metal filings from railway wheels/tracks/brakes that become airborne and hot. when the car is on a carriage obviously it lands on the car and partially melts into the top coat of the vehicle. the iron then rusts leaving a rusty base. obviously there is metal there until it fully rusts away.

now my car apparently was not on a train but it could have been standing near a railway line or (yet to be resolved) it may be 'fallout' which could be metal/iron particles from industry etc.

it is not runs in the paint or scratches. It is not poorly applied paintwork. It is definitely particles that have landed on the car between the factory and the dealership. they are very fine particles that leave a rusty mark. as i described to someone else you need to look at the paint like you are reading the fine print in a document.

for what it is worth the dealer (service department this time) also acknowledged it. He said it has been rare (like he has not seen it for 20 years - he actually bought his 2IC out to look at it cause he was young and had not seen it before) but it used to be quite common. they are the service department for 4 brands and he said the other three (suzuki, kia and one other :? :? ) 'wrap their cars like babies' but guess what Mitsubishi don't. :roll: :roll:

i had my paint depth randomly tested today by a smash repairer and we noted the following depths:

Bonnet = 39 microns
Driver side guard = 38 microns
drivers door = 37
Tub (right) = 45
Tailgate = 40
Tub (left) = 41
Rear passo door = 41
Front passo door = 36
Near side guard = 41
Roof = 43

so apparently there is a 'wash' for it that is NOT a mechanical buff but they do need to polish it. They have offered a 'free' paint protection.

so i will let them do there thing and i guess if they reduce the paint thickness much we will take it from there.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:06 pm

I wonder if the fact that they have that bloody great big holding yard for Tritons out near Ingleburn has anything to do with it? That's pretty close to the rail line, although from memory some of it has some sort of shade cloth covering which I took to be for hail protection.

Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:I wonder if the fact that they have that bloody great big holding yard for Tritons out near Ingleburn has anything to do with it? That's pretty close to the rail line, although from memory some of it has some sort of shade cloth covering which I took to be for hail protection.

i don't know mate. they swear mine came via port kembla. it was built in Jan 2013 so it has been sitting somewhere for a few month i guess.

still got me buggered why they don't cover them. :roll: :roll:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:25 pm

snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Right well I've copied over what I think are all the rail dust posts into their own thread. I've left them in here too or the thread will not make as much sense as it should for 2 pages there.

Further rail dust discussions should be done over here:
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14173

Cowboy Dave

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks for the info on the rail rust guys. I will continue reading on the other thread.

Back to the topic on hand, would be interesting to know what people are now achieving after the EOFY has finished. I note the GLXR is still advertised at the discounted price, but no cashback. Wonder what is happening in practice?

I see some of the carsales ads are still running with the cashback included, but I guess they will just politely inform the enquirer that this price is no longer available??? Or perhaps not. I guess we will find out.
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby MPGGLX-R on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 am

Hi guys :)

Hope everyone is having a good week so far :)

I paid $45,000 drive away for my MN GLX-R which included the following;-

* 3 piece genuine Mitsubishi hard lid colour coded and fitted
* Mitsubishi reverse camera fitted
* Mitsubishi under rail tub liner and rubber mat
* Window tint
* Mitsubishi Rear Diff Lock
* Mitsubishi rubber floor mats
* Mitsubishi sill plate protectors

Seemed to be a good price compared to some of the other stealerships I called for a quote.
2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:28 pm

MPGGLX-R wrote:Hi guys :)

* Window tint

Seemed to be a good price compared to some of the other stealerships I called for a quote.

Whats a rough figure for those extras at normal cost ?
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby MPGGLX-R on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:38 pm

dbgalaxy5 wrote:
MPGGLX-R wrote:Hi guys :)

* Window tint

Whats a rough figure for those extras at normal cost ?

I think from memory it went like this (I can find the correct price with some searching through my office as it's in the rubble here somewhere :lol: )

* 3 piece genuine Mitsubishi hard lid colour coded and fitted = $2200.00
* Mitsubishi reverse camera fitted = $1100.00
* Mitsubishi under rail tub liner and rubber mat = $400.00
* Window tint = $400.00
* Mitsubishi Rear Diff Lock = $600.00
* Mitsubishi rubber floor mats = $70
* Mitsubishi sill plate protectors = $50

Not sure if that's what most people on here pay or if those were discounted prices. Lee-thal might know????
2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:41 pm

How long ago did you buy yours though? The prices seem to have dropped a lot of late with some GLXRs down near $35-36k.

The accessory prices aren't cheap - the reverse camera looks high to me but there's a bit of labour in it I suppose. Window tint is steep for two windows but maybe if they tinted over the privacy glass as well it's not so bad.

Cowboy Dave

Postby MPGGLX-R on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:How long ago did you buy yours though? The prices seem to have dropped a lot of late with some GLXRs down near $35-36k.

The accessory prices aren't cheap - the reverse camera looks high to me but there's a bit of labour in it I suppose. Window tint is steep for two windows but maybe if they tinted over the privacy glass as well it's not so bad.

Hi mate

We took delivery of ours on the 23/01/2013. Yes I questioned the price too of the reverse camera and they did in fact say it was due to the labour as it was a big job to do it. Window tint was just to the 4 doors, not the rear glass. The local Master Tint gent did my D-Max 4 doors for $220, however I had to replace all the screws in all the doors as he used a cordless drill and burred all the heads on the screws, plus there have been issues with the tint so for the hassles I've been through $400 wasn't to bad, but I do agree it is too high for what it actually is
2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:07 pm

MPGGLX-R,

Thanks for the info. I was only after a total figure really, as I didnt want to pry too much, it just seemed a high price for the current deals. But I didnt actually realise that the purchase was a while back, so that's probably why. Prices have really plummeted since - though, no-one has a crystal ball... and also if you need a vehicle at the time, then that's when you need it. Not a lot I could do if / when prices drop further now that we have made our purchase.

I am confused about the window tint though. Why did you need to get the 4 doors done when the rear doors already has the privacy glass?

Edit. Sorry. I see Cowboy Dave touched on this. so if they have tinted the rear glass further then I assume the rears are uber uber dark.

Cowboy Dave.

Im not sure if it was yourself in another thread that mentioned the privacy glass is actually dark glass and not a tint, but Im still 99% sure it is something that is applied to he glass, as the exterior surface is definitely different to interior (and to both sides of the front glass).
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby MPGGLX-R on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:41 pm

dbgalaxy5 wrote:MPGGLX-R,

Thanks for the info. I was only after a total figure really, as I didnt want to pry too much, it just seemed a high price for the current deals. But I didnt actually realise that the purchase was a while back, so that's probably why. Prices have really plummeted since - though, no-one has a crystal ball... and also if you need a vehicle at the time, then that's when you need it. Not a lot I could do if / when prices drop further now that we have made our purchase.

I am confused about the window tint though. Why did you need to get the 4 doors done when the rear doors already has the privacy glass?

Edit. Sorry. I see Cowboy Dave touched on this. so if they have tinted the rear glass further then I assume the rears are uber uber dark.

Cowboy Dave.

Im not sure if it was yourself in another thread that mentioned the privacy glass is actually dark glass and not a tint, but Im still 99% sure it is something that is applied to he glass, as the exterior surface is definitely different to interior (and to both sides of the front glass).

Hi mate :)

No problems at all. I thought at the time we got a really good deal. I went to my local Mitsubishi dealership and they wanted $49,000 straight up with not a single solitary option :o , so I thought ok I'm off to the Gold Coast. When I had a look and test drive of a GLX-R there the sales rep said the windows were already tinted, and it also had the tub liner and hard lid, but for some reason it was an over the rails tub liner and I could see it was rubbing paint off already and they wanted to sell it to me as a demo but I wasn't touching it, plus the GM had taken it away for a weekend and it had yogurt spilt all over the back seat :shock:
So I ordered a brand new one. It came in at $49,000 with all the extras which to me was still to high. I rang a dealership in Sydney whom made the mistake of sending me a quote in Microsoft Word which somehow this quote changed and was handed to the dealership I was dealing with a more "realistic price" :lol:
I managed to get the price down to $45,000 drive away.

I actually didn't know the GLX-R came with privacy glass until CD mentioned above, looks like I got done :oops:

I will be selling my hard lid and sports bar shortly as I'm fitting a canopy, just not sure which but the Flexiglass High Roof Premier is looking good :D
2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:15 pm

MPGGLX-R wrote:[ I rang a dealership in Sydney whom made the mistake of sending me a quote in Microsoft Word which somehow this quote changed and was handed to the dealership I was dealing with a more "realistic price" :lol:

that is gold right there. 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:15 pm

dbgalaxy5 wrote:I am confused about the window tint though. Why did you need to get the 4 doors done when the rear doors already has the privacy glass?

Cowboy Dave.

There's actually a thread somewhere where there was a forum member who worked for pilkington or somewhere similar and he talked about the privacy glass. If they're still using the same glass, and if that bloke was right (I thought he was at the time) then it is not a surface applied tint.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Cowboy Dave

Postby MPGGLX-R on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:49 pm

snowman wrote:
MPGGLX-R wrote:[ I rang a dealership in Sydney whom made the mistake of sending me a quote in Microsoft Word which somehow this quote changed and was handed to the dealership I was dealing with a more "realistic price" :lol:

that is gold right there. 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's available to any member of this forum for a more "realistic price" from your stealership too :lol: 8-)

Disclaimer:- I,nor Newtriton will be held responsible or liable should you hand your stealership a price of $30,000 drive away for a GLX-R with all the goodies with this document :lol:
2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 pm

read the seond last paragraph. No surprise for the Hilux but rarely do you see the Trion in top 5. :shock: :D

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/volkswagen-sales-crash-20130703-2pbye.html
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby the doc on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Picked up my dual cab glx today, $31990 less $2000 then $3000 gst then $5000 tax deduction.
drove about 450km in my first day of ownership and my impressions are: notchy gear charge, hopefully will get better, great power and reasonable fuel consumption. Average drivers seat and stereo.
For the money its all good, next is a bulbar, canopy and a snorkel.
The Doc :lol:
the doc

Postby Dilligara on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 pm

the doc wrote:notchy gear charge, hopefully will get better,
Mine has - but I suspect it will always be a little truck like, thats okay
great power and reasonable fuel consumption.
Yep
Average drivers seat
get some spacers, absolutely transformed my seats.
Andrew - White MY17 Auto.
Dilligara

Postby MPGGLX-R on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:21 am

Dilligara wrote:
the doc wrote:notchy gear charge, hopefully will get better,
Mine has - but I suspect it will always be a little truck like, thats okay
great power and reasonable fuel consumption.
Yep
Average drivers seat
get some spacers, absolutely transformed my seats.

Hi mate

When you speak of the "spacers" for the seats could I ask you to elaborate on this. Also, does anyone have any experience with making extra leg room for the drivers seat by doing any mods? There are plenty of gents taller than me, but I'm probably a little taller than most guys (and a little wider too thanks to Chinese food :lol: ) and I'd like to get a little extra leg room when behind the steering wheel.

Snowman:- That doesn't surprise me about Triton being one of the top sellers, as I know my wife and I quite often count the amount of new ones we see on the roads, and one popular canopy fitting business on the Gold Coast did comment to me too that due to the current price of the Triton's they are fitting more items to this vehicle than any other on the market at present. In saying that though, I wouldn't have thought Hi-Lux was still the most popular selling one at present as I haven't seen that many on the roads compared to Triton.
2012 MN GLX-R Triton
2012 RG LTZ Colorado
2012 TF LSU D-Max
MPGGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion