MN Drivers f e e d b a c k !

Anything Triton related

Re: MN Drivers Feedback!!

Postby Nifty on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Might pay to check out the Government recall site. Seem to remember a recall on some tritons re bolts in front end. Not sure what months.
Keep it safe
Nifty
Nifty

Postby TAXTRUCK on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Dunno if this helps Alberto, doesnt sound like your steering prob. Still a new vehicle I suppose, little things will still be showing up.
..............................................................................................................................
" Mitsubishi Australia has this week confirmed the recall of 42,525 Triton utes, the largest vehicle recall in Australia in recent years. Despite the number of vehicles affected, the fault is considered to be relatively minor.

The recall affects all Triton variants built between October 2006 and January 2009, with a possible suspension fault described as the cause.

According to Mitsubishi, bolts in the ball joints of the suspension may become loose, leading to excessive knocking. The fault could also lead to the ball joint becoming detached from the suspension arm, rendering the vehicle inoperable. "

"In the case of this issue, if the bolts in question do become loose, it causes quite a bit of noise to come into the cabin," Ms Fletcher said.

"The first thing the driver will notice is a very obvious noise, and as a result, the vehicle is unlikely to be driven to the point where an incident could occur. We've had no reports of any incidents, and the number is expected to be very small."
...............................................................................................................................
TAXTRUCK

Postby CairnsGSE on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 pm

had a slight clunk felt through wheel on dirt roads ,had steering column replaced ,seems there is still some dud ones getting through . 30k now and miss the low down torque of the 3.2 .I have the same dia tyres as the last ute but the factory gearing is way to high ,will have to change the gear knob before long . Mits should have used the 3.2 thats in the pajero ,now that should pull down low
CairnsGSE

Postby lgd on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:19 am

I get my triton serviced by local mechanic ,but had call from stealer re missed service[s] - 30,000 k when told of my arrangement they weren't too fussed but mentioned I could bring it in for any recalls/ re-flash done for $55.
Did that and find after re-flash turbo lag is nearly gone - great benefit for small outlay would recommend it to other members.
I used to be uncertain but lately I'm not so sure.
lgd

Postby har05l on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 pm

lgd wrote:I get my triton serviced by local mechanic ,but had call from stealer re missed service[s] - 30,000 k

I'm a bettin man and I reckon your local mechanic didn't do your tappet adjustment ;)

Mitsi are good for a few things only :twisted:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Crash486 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:28 am

Have a relationship with local mechanic - very professional. He lives in the same place as I do, shops there, kids to same schools etc. I get a human who talks genuinely with me and I really doubt he'd void my warranty if I had a catch can, extra fuel filter or chip. Dealer has always made me feel I like a number with no empathy for me trying to get something fixed.
Local hires you a brand new mazda hatch for $15 a day, the dealer wanted $50 for a couple of hours plus petrol.
Service prices are slightly cheaper from local but the other benefits still outweigh dealers near me ( just my personal experience which is what this is really all about)
There are plenty of comments out there for good dealers, I just wish there was one near me.
Crash486

Postby AussieTriton on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Just bought a MN GXL Plus dual cab at the local Mitsubishi EOFY sale late last month, my first ever diesel powered vehicle. After almost 2 weeks of ownership, I am very happy with it. Still trying to find the "turbo lag" everyone keeps complaining about :lol: but it goes very well, with no surprises. I'm still getting to know it and have been underneath and all over it, noticing where everything is and figuring out what mods to undertake. The salesperson made me sign a paper that basically absolves MMAL of my warranty if I fit non MMAL approved accessories, but I just smiled and scrawled my JH on it. IF I have any issues, I'll take them up with Consumer Affairs if MMAL or dealership starts that crap. :lol: :twisted: Anyway, just thought I'd revive this thread. I'll add more as I add mileage and report back.

Update: First tank of fuel, 69.5 litres to 761 km, not too shabby from a brand new engine! I will get it through the 1500 service, then I have a list of things to do to improve it. I might even start my own build thread :lol: More to follow :D

Cheers. 8-)
AussieTriton

Postby jmos on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Just ran my fuel tank needle just past empty, wasn't planning it.

Just filled up and it took 66 litres, 757km :D :D :D around town/too work
jmos

Postby Mudme on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:52 am

Last fill was 62ltrs for 700 ks, mix of hwy and around town and for my driving style I happy with that
Mudme

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:56 pm

My wife has our stats on her phone (so I will come back and adjust this as required) but we decided to do a comparison between 'economic' & Normal driving. Our first full tank (I believe about 69 litres to refill) had us in the 800kms.

Halfway through our second tank, and so far its looking like it will do better than we anticipated. That said, now I am driving normally, I wish I could praise the absence of turbo lag as "AussieTriton" did, but I'd have to say that it's a bit like the old 80's hot hatches (back in the UK at least) as far as the turbo goes.

Note: I mention the turbo lag, only as a comparative finding to that commented upon above. Overall, I am honestly really happy with the beast in terms of what it is vs price paid.
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby AussieTriton on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 pm

dbgalaxy5 wrote:My wife has our stats on her phone (so I will come back and adjust this as required) but we decided to do a comparison between 'economic' & Normal driving. Our first full tank (I believe about 69 litres to refill) had us in the 800kms.

Halfway through our second tank, and so far its looking like it will do better than we anticipated. That said, now I am driving normally, I wish I could praise the absence of turbo lag as "AussieTriton" did, but I'd have to say that it's a bit like the old 80's hot hatches (back in the UK at least) as far as the turbo goes.

Note: I mention the turbo lag, only as a comparative finding to that commented upon above. Overall, I am honestly really happy with the beast in terms of what it is vs price paid.

I'm beginning to think it's the traction control / DSC trying to limit power and "nanny" us along. I'm starting to run with the DSC switched off, and have noticed a difference :D
AussieTriton

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:24 am

AussieTriton wrote:
I'm beginning to think it's the traction control / DSC trying to limit power and "nanny" us along. I'm starting to run with the DSC switched off, and have noticed a difference :D

You may have to excuse me, as I am a little sleep deprived today.... but I just cant figure what that would have to do with it? :?
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby AussieTriton on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:05 pm

dbgalaxy5 wrote:
AussieTriton wrote:

You may have to excuse me, as I am a little sleep deprived today.... but I just cant figure what that would have to do with it? :?

Not being rude or anything, but you do know what DSC means? The Dynamic Stability Control reads G forces laterally (across the car ie: pitch and body roll as well as lateral horizontal forces) and longditudinally (lengthways ie: heavy braking and/or accelleration) as well as yaw (the vehicles rotation around the VERTICAL centre of gravity, such as in severe oversteer as a graphic example). The DSC's computer, when alerted to excesses of these forces, will first cut power via the FBW throttle system, then it will start applying individual wheel brake(s) as it sees fit to stabilise the car and keep it in a controlled state. IF these sensors are overly sensitive to these forces, and the DSC ECU is also set to "nanny" mode, as most modern cars are now, then even moderately firm braking or spirited cornering can affect power output. With the extra hieght, larger, more flexible tyre sidewalls and these factors (and more) exaggerating the lat/long/pitch/yaw sensitivities, the DSC can inadvertently be overly active. In a few cases when taking evasive action (and living where I do it's par for the course, hence the need for a DVR camera recording my every driving second) I have had the power drop right off when accelleration was required, and have almost been caught out in a collision. In 1st gear after HEAVY braking/swerving to avoid a DH, I accellerated.............. only to find nothing, zero, zip. With the revs around 2800, it should have been sprinting across the intersection, but it was dead, zero throttle even with my boot buried in the firewall for a few seconds until the DSC said it was safe to do so, then, WHAM, it fired across the intersection at a great rate of knots. With all the rain we have been having, it is usful to keep it switched on to keep the car stable even in aquaplane mode. However, on dry roads it is a bloody niusance, so I turn it off and have noticed the "lag" is almost non-existant MOST of the time. Last year, I flogged a 6 month old dead stock rental Jeep Wrangler Sport through Baja, following race prepped Broncos, Rangers and F Trucks at speeds most sane people will never drive. On the flat fast bumpy stuff, the DSC was excellent, keeping the SWB Jeep very controllable, but in the twisty loose stuff, I turned it off to have more control and driver input.
Again, not meaning to be rude, but I am new to Tritons, but not to motorsport, off-roading, etc. :mrgreen:

In all fairness, I have noticed that keeping the revs to a 1500 low limit does reduce the tendancy to "fall off" the boost curve. Mine really starts to get going around 1600 or so, so sticking close to that helps reduce these little episodes. I have future mods planned to help improve the low speed power output, am looking at a dis-arm switch to keep the DSC constantly in the "off" mode, unless I want it on (so I dont keep forgetting to turn it off every time I start the car). 8-)
AussieTriton

Postby George Kyro on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:26 pm

i have a 2013 MN triton and the only thing i can really complain about is the lack of volume of the bluetooth phone connection. When im speaking to someone through bluetooth the volume is up at a maximum of 14 and most of the time cant hear SH*TE !!!
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
BROKE BACK MUD BUM CHUM RUNNERS CLUB
George Kyro

Postby George Kyro on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:27 pm

i have a 2013 MN triton and the only thing i can really complain about is the lack of volume of the bluetooth phone connection. When im speaking to someone through bluetooth the volume is up at a maximum of 14 and most of the time cant hear SH*TE !!!
BROKE BACK MUD BUM CHUM RUNNERS CLUB
George Kyro

Postby baito on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Try leaving your phone in the drivers door pocket near the window controls , then you can hear the phone speaker as well, mine is usually pretty good though
baito

Postby Jbeery1 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:05 pm

I have the 2010 MN. She's fairly stock with 90k on the clock. I'm rapped with the thing. Auto is great but do agree a bit sluugish on take off at times. However, after reading some threads on this issue I order an E-Drive advance throttle control unit. All I can say is there is a God. My Triton has been transformed by a seeming miracle and I have a second lease on my love for driving as it is awesome. Parking??????? There has to be a trade of for more room. Yes its long but you soon adjust. By the way, I also tow a 23 foot Hitch Hika caravan {no WDH}and it is perfect. LOVE that car is my favored response to my mates with their ageing Navaras.
Jbeery1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Sootie on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:47 am

AussieTriton wrote:
dbgalaxy5 wrote:My wife has our stats on her phone (so I will come back and adjust this as required) but we decided to do a comparison between 'economic' & Normal driving. Our first full tank (I believe about 69 litres to refill) had us in the 800kms.

I cant stand driving mine in the rain with asc on way too annoying every time you get to a corner, in the dry I havent noticed much difference on or off unless I'm driving like a complete nob :lol:
Sootie

Postby lachiem on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:34 pm

George Kyro wrote:i have a 2013 MN triton and the only thing i can really complain about is the lack of volume of the bluetooth phone connection. When im speaking to someone through bluetooth the volume is up at a maximum of 14 and most of the time cant hear SH*TE !!!

Nah mate I havnt had any issues with volume. Windows up at highway speeds it comes through clear enough, mind I'm the only one in the car. If I had a few passangers might be a bit different.
Something profound
Something funny
lachiem

Postby AussieTriton on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Sootie wrote:
AussieTriton wrote:

I cant stand driving mine in the rain with asc on way too annoying every time you get to a corner, in the dry I havent noticed much difference on or off unless I'm driving like a complete nob :lol:

Hahaha, me too :lol: However, in traffic during the rain, I keep it on, so I dont get into trouble, but late at night on the wet roads on my own, I get some really nice power drifts going on boost in 2nd or 3rd in the appropriate curves with it switched off. :twisted:
AussieTriton

Postby Jaymac92 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Well just ticked over the 1,000 kms mark and so far so good. EGR blocked and all good. I find the throttle lag rather annoying with changing gears. Love the pull it has once you have passed 2,000 rpm however it would be nice to get some good off idle power. Hopefully a chip fixes that! Other than that, great car. Previous vehicle was a 3.0L D22 Navara.
2013 MN GLR 4x4 with TJM Bullbar, side rails and sliders, TJM Snorkel, Uniden UHF, Black sunraysia rims and more to follow...
Jaymac92

Postby hvac guy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:54 pm

after driving turbo cars for 15 of years I don't think that the mn has a turbo
Lag problem, I reckon its the electric accelerator pedal in the way they ramp up
Slowly. a few times I have found my foot mashed too the floor to avoid a car park rally driver
And no response from the pedal.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jaymac92 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeah I've found the hesitation in throttle response quite frustrating. I wish they kept it simple like cable operated (oh what a breeze that was in the Nav!) however the power is ridiculous in these things. You easily forget it's a diesel haha
2013 MN GLR 4x4 with TJM Bullbar, side rails and sliders, TJM Snorkel, Uniden UHF, Black sunraysia rims and more to follow...
Jaymac92

Postby har05l on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:03 am

Bloody surging :evil: and P2138 codes :roll: , just about over it :x
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby WestCoaster on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:02 pm

I have a 2.5 manual NM, and it did lag allot on take off so much that one day somebody nearly rear ended me and abused me. I was a little disappointed with it at the start as my D-Max never did this.
But after driving it for longer I found the lag or the speed drop between gear-shifting had become less and it drives allot better now. I am really starting to like the Triton.
WestCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion