Why buy a Triton?

Anything Triton related

Re: Why buy a Triton?

Postby Sootie on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Yep I love mine 75 000kms so far and still going strong, still gets 9l/100 with 265/75 r16's too, never given me a moments trouble :D
Sootie

Postby minishep on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:31 pm

I've had my MN GLXR since new in 2012, it's only got 50K on it now but with no problems. It is a bit smoky when cold and I will order the EGR blanking kit shortly but I am really happy with it. At work we have had a number of 4WD's, Patrol's, Rangers, Colorados, landcruisers etc pretty much all of them have had various issues, some more serious than others (One of the Rangers blew an oil cooler hose in the middle of nowhere with only 15000kms on the clock). I think the only 4WD ute I would replace the Triton with would be a 70 series Landcruiser dual cab, but, honestly who can afford one of those. :)

The reduction in warranty may have had something to do with the new models coming out?

The other bonus I think is in the future there will be plenty of them around for spares when mine finally does die........
minishep

Postby deermaster on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:24 pm

minishep wrote:I've had my MN GLXR since new in 2012, it's only got 50K on it now but with no problems. It is a bit smoky when cold and I will order the EGR blanking kit shortly but I am really happy with it. At work we have had a number of 4WD's, Patrol's, Rangers, Colorados, landcruisers etc pretty much all of them have had various issues, some more serious than others (One of the Rangers blew an oil cooler hose in the middle of nowhere with only 15000kms on the clock). I think the only 4WD ute I would replace the Triton with would be a 70 series Landcruiser dual cab, but, honestly who can afford one of those. :)

The reduction in warranty may have had something to do with the new models coming out?

The other bonus I think is in the future there will be plenty of them around for spares when mine finally does die........

Talk about reduction on warrantee. My lad just brought a new Hilux SR5 dual cab. :roll: Anyway I ask what the warrantee was and believe it or not its now three years or 60,000klms. :shock: FFS he will do that amount of miles in less than two years so warrantee is bugger all. I reckon if something is going to go wrong it will be just after 60000Ks.
deermaster

Postby leonbee on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:23 pm

deermaster wrote:
minishep wrote:I've had my MN GLXR since new in 2012, it's only got 50K on it now but with no problems. It is a bit smoky when cold and I will order the EGR blanking kit shortly but I am really happy with it. At work we have had a number of 4WD's, Patrol's, Rangers, Colorados, landcruisers etc pretty much all of them have had various issues, some more serious than others (One of the Rangers blew an oil cooler hose in the middle of nowhere with only 15000kms on the clock). I think the only 4WD ute I would replace the Triton with would be a 70 series Landcruiser dual cab, but, honestly who can afford one of those. :)

Talk about reduction on warrantee. My lad just brought a new Hilux SR5 dual cab. :roll: Anyway I ask what the warrantee was and believe it or not its now three years or 60,000klms. :shock: FFS he will do that amount of miles in less than two years so warrantee is bugger all. I reckon if something is going to go wrong it will be just after 60000Ks.

Not good; Also a Thailand builds. Pay Peanuts. Get monkeys. Quality Results = Lucky dip.

Ford add states sure you can by a cheaper truck but if you want a good truck by the Ranger. However its also a Thailand build. Nissan Navara Thailand build. Why buy a Triton? No doubt the Thailand Triton is the best value in regards to price, function and warranty. If your lucky, no major problems.
leonbee

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:53 pm

The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby destorman on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:49 pm

leonbee wrote: ... Ford add states sure you can by a cheaper truck but if you want a good truck by the Ranger. ...

mmm, ok, in "comparison" I spent a few hours in a Ranger on Monday. Owner driving. His business partner a passenger, who also has the same model, year, etc ... i.e. both 'work' cars ... discussion turned to the car at one point. Both have arouond 115,000 - 120,000 km and both are close to needing to replace their SECOND set of tyres. Current set are D697's but both are finding the wear, despite regular rotate and balance a real issue.

Fuel economy ... hahaaaaa, they are both only getting 500kms from a tank in Urban stop start and up to 600 / 650 km on highway trips. Usual fill costs about $90 - $100 which makes then around the high 65 litres to fill. Ouch.

Ride, I was front passenger (shotgun) ... was not different to our MN Triton. It was all motorway driving though ;)
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

Previous

Return to General Discussion