Dobinson lift kit heavy duty

Anything Triton related

Dobinson lift kit heavy duty

Postby Tnt355 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Hey just new here. Was looking at ultimate lift kit but was put off by the guys telling me that I'll get about 70mm lift in rear and 40mm in front. I'm not keen on that look at all. So now Im thinking of goin with dobinson as they will give me around 40mm lift all round and be at a level height. With the extras I have on my ute they saying I'm needing heavy duty kit. I'm just bit worriered that the ride quality mite be a bit stiff. After some advice on this as I'm new to 4x4 scence.
Tnt355

Re: Dobinson lift kit heavy duty

Postby sammy199 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 pm

i think u may find that the guys at ultimate meant that the lift on the rear will be 70mm when the rear is empty by the time u load it up when all ur goodies the car will ride 40 40 i could be wrong so dont quote me on this but this is the way i see it
sammy199

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Why don't you have a chat to Ultimate about your concerns and see what solutions they have. Don't forget that the Triton is, ultimately, a load carrying vehicle and is meant to have a slightly nose down attitude anyway. If a stiff ride is one of your concerns then I don't think I'd be even considering the Dobinsons kit.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:44 pm

The triton is designed not to be level. If you make it level you might be interfering with the vehicle's handling. Ultimate can tailor a package to your needs if you communicate what they are but won't be a party to anything unsafe -a position I think eminently sensible.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby al coholic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:47 pm

I had a Dobi's lift.........now have Ultimate ;) difference is not even comparable.....
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Tnt355 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:04 pm

They told me that nose down at front is to do with the handling of car.. Now I'm really confused hey. I'm not really concerned on lift height. I'm after comfort for the family as I have 2 young kids in car seat. Atm it's like a milkshake for them in the back.. But when I look on here at other guys with the ulitatmate there car seems to sit Evan.
Tnt355

Postby Tnt355 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Al coholic I had look at your pics. Your truck sits nice. I think my problem is at the moment mine is low in front end due to bit sagging and have bullbar and brush bar.. And than when he told me it go 40mm front 70mm rear. I've still got to fit canopy and rear draws in rear.
Tnt355

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:15 pm

having read your shed, and if your on the stock suspension, you may find any suspension kit will lift you more like 70mm at the front, and a whole heap at the rear as well.

remember that the stock stuff has sagged

I run a dobinson spring in the front with ultimate struts, just depends on what you are after, as everything can be customised to you.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Tnt355 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:29 pm

4wd26. I'm just after a all round comfortable ride quality as this is my every day car as well. But at the same time I want it to look tough as well.. I think I'll give ultimate guys a call in morning again and explain my concers again. These guys are the only ones that have requested true weights of front n rear off ute on a weigh bridge and overall weight. I was just worried when guys at dobinson today said about heavy springs and than I was told by opposite lock that I'll need medium. I no that these are 2 different company's and brand of springs..
Tnt355

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Don't forget to allow for the weight of the drawers and canopy otherwise you may find you need further changes later.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Tnt355 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Cowboy Dave.. Yer cheers mate.. I think I'm back over to ultimate side of the fence again.. $$$$$ doesn't worry me. I just want to do it right first time around. As I've learnt in previous car scenes.
Tnt355

Postby Greg Cairns on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:05 am

I have fitted Dobinson all round. I have found them to be great. Have used the car a lot off road and have had no problems. I have only put in the medium springs in the rear and other than the lift there is no difference in the ride or comfort.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"If you desire peace prepare for war"
Greg Cairns

Postby ultimate on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 am

It sounds like there has been a bit of confusion with the height gains.

Our normal raised height kits are 40-50mm above standard.

If your original suspension has settled 20mm in the rear, the actual lift may be 70mm which is 50mm above standard.

The height relationship between front and rear is maintained as specified in the National Code Of Practice.

the original relationship between the front and rear suspension heights must not be changed and therefore the front and rear suspensions must be both raised by the same amount
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Tnt355 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:34 am

All sorted spoke with jack at ultimate this morning. Goin ahead with this. Off to the weigh bridge it is. :D
Tnt355

Return to General Discussion