Bad dealerships / Bad Experience

Anything Triton related

Re: Bad dealerships / Bad Experience

Postby Homer on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:29 am

Hey Adz, sorry to hear you've still got the rattle.

I was talking to a lifelong mate who works (sales manager) in a Mitsubishi/Toyota dealership (not many of them combined like that) a week or so ago - he was the one that sold me the ML and advised the Triton over the Roll-lux - said he laughs how people will only buy Toyota - same with Land Cruisers. They come in and say here's 10 - 20 - 30K extra for no reason at all. He smiles and says OK, you're the boss and takes their money :D .

Sorry I digress.

Well he turned up while I was getting the 2" iron man lift installed. I asked him about warranty and he said they'll all try it on (knock back), but it is absolutely specific to the modification causing the particular warranty/component failure and if it isn't this that caused it, and they refuse reasonable request/argument, he recommended going straight to MML (QLD) in my instance.

He said from his side, the earth moves when that happens and there will be a resolution one way or the other.

I know the situation is different, but I suggest that is the way I would go. Do it politely in writing and detail everything you have here. Follow it up with a phone call in a few days.

Good Luck mate!
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Adz on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:17 am

This is what I have sent to MMLA...

Good afternoon,

I would like to bring to your attention the issues I have had from the very first day i took delivery of my brand new 2008 Mitsubishi Triton GLX-R 3.5L V6.

I took delivery my new Triton from Bill Lilley Mitsubishi in Queanbeyan NSW (13 km's on the clock) in December 2008. I was extremely happy as this was my first ever brand new car. I drive it off the lot and noticed that the steering wheel was off centre (had to pull down on the steering wheel to the right to get it to drive straight). I thought that it was a little strange but I figured it could just be that the vehicle is so new, that it might be something that will correct itself over a couple of days. This was not the case. I drove it to Jindabyne on the weekend after I picked it up, and it went like a dream but the steering was still off centre.

So I booked it in back at the dealer to have it fixed. I collected the vehicle that afternoon and still, the same problem. After a week I had it booked in again to have steering looked at. Both times I got it back and still no difference. After the lack of good service I received, I decided I would go in search of a new, more reliable dealer thinking that the change would be the best thing to do.

It wasnt until around 4000km's that I noticed there was a squeak coming from the rear leaf spring suspension, which I have been told by many new Triton owners and a Mitsubishi dealer that it is a fault with the plastic silencers, and an upgrade can be done under warranty to have them replaced with rubber ones.

I put up with the steering and squeak issue until the 7500km service and booked it in on 20th Feb for the service at Commonwealth Motors in Phillip ACT. It was booked in to have the service done, the squeak in the rear end fixed and hard cover seals replaced as they were squashed and rubbing against the tailgate. I picked up my Triton that afternoon, to be told by the service manager that the leaf springs have already been upgraded, the seals were fitted as best they could (same seals as what was on it, not heavy duty as promised), and I could hear a rattle/ticking noise coming from the engine bay when the vehicle was at idle. I figured the rattle might be temporary as they emptied the original Mitsubishi oil out and put in Magnatec 15W-40. I drove it around for a couple of days but the rattle was and is still there. So I rang up the service department to have it booked in again and checked (27th Feb). The service manager told me that they will put the Mitsubishi specific oil back in it as this could be causing the problem. I find this rather strange as the specs on the Mitsubishi oil and the Magnatec oil are virtually the same. I collected the vehicle that afternoon to find that the noise had disappeared, temporarily, until I stopped at traffic lights half way home, and noticed the rattle/ticking noise was back. The noise was definitely not there before I booked it in for the 7500km service. I can hear it with the windows wound up and stereo off, although I had the stereo on low this morning and I could hear the rattle.

As you can see, from the day of delivery until now I've had the vehicle in a repair shop 4 times in 2 months which is not only costing me money and time, it is also causing me a lot of stress. Im sure you can undertand the situation I am in and Im certain that the problems can, and most certainly will be fixed, all under the warranty that Mitsubishi so proudly advertise for these vehicles.

Also, I would like to know if there is any hotfix being released to have the entire rear suspension replaced on all 2008/09 Tritons, as there are many Triton owners who have the exact same suspension symptoms as I have explained.

Can you please advise how I can have all these issues I have explained with my Triton fixed, in order to relieve my stress and heartache and loss of money and time? I do not want to have to sell the vehicle based on poor service/manufacturing and buy something else.

Kind regards,

Adrian
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby Peruano on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:37 am

Best of luck and keep us posted on progress.

I love my Triton but I've found the Mitsubishi servicing to be useless. ARB have fixed my rear end squeak but have said that it's not a permanent fix and will be back.
I think they have really cut corners on the suspension side.

Hope you get a positive response..
Pete
"when I was young my parents moved around a lot...... but I always managed to find them"
Peruano

Postby Adz on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:54 am

Thank Peruano...yep will do mate.

I hope it all just gets fixed so I dont have to worry about it anymore.
Adz

Postby Mud16 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 am

I find that I avoid the dealer as much as possible and use Ultra tune to do the service and TJM or Opposite lock to fix the rest and I havent had any big issues yet .Touch wood :P
Mud16

Postby Adz on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:10 pm

I wish I could avoid the stealer Mud16, and from here out I will be but, they're the ones who have to do the warranty work...arent they?

I figured the 15,000km intervals had to be done by them if I want to keep the roadside assist, not that its really worth anything considering i have RA with Allianz. :lol:
Adz

Postby YogiOz on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Mate sorry Com Motors stuffed you around - I haven't had any difficulties with them (Bill Lilley is a different story). I had the suspension fixed at BL (after badgering them) and the rest, incl heavy duty seals, at Com Motors.
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby Adz on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 pm

YogiOz wrote:Mate sorry Com Motors stuffed you around - I haven't had any difficulties with them (Bill Lilley is a different story). I had the suspension fixed at BL (after badgering them) and the rest, incl heavy duty seals, at Com Motors.

Nah thats ok Yogi, not your fault matey...I took your advice & went with them & they were great, Tom was really friendly & knew what he was talking about, they even managed to get the steering problem fixed, but I dont understand why its so hard to get any of them to do what you want. Im gonna contact them & let them know about the rattle etc but I still wanted MMLA to know what I've had to put up with.
Adz

Postby smeghead on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:12 pm

I have pretty good dealings with Tom and the guys from Comm... except they charge like wounded bulls...
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby Adz on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:16 pm

I just spoke with Tom, and in his favour he's a great bloke & easy to deal with...I've got it booked in on Tuesday next week & he told me his foreman would jump in with me & go for a spin to make sure we're on the same page with the rattle etc.

Watch this space... :)
Adz

Postby mad992 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:13 pm

garry crick nambour ,maroochydore or noosa,not a bad word 2 say..........bought mine from maroochydore, i damn well near stole it 36k drive away :lol:
mad992

Postby Adz on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:02 am

I got my Triton back from service yesterday & apparently they have had to log a case with MMLA as a hotfix because they dropped the Mits oil out & put in a 10w30 & its still got the rattle. They're totally out of ideas as to what is casing it.
Also, they were poking around in the engine bay & noticed my power steering pump has a leak! :shock:

In their defence, I was totally amazed that they found the leak & they have ordered a new part.

So at this stage, I've still got the rattle, squeaks & now a leak....sounds like a new dance!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll keep you posted fellas. :D
Adz

Postby patto on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:59 am

I have dealt with Heartland Mitsu at castle hill they have been great.

They have done everything that i have asked for - every hot fix the lot. Even hit a wombat which in turn damaged the steering rack rack quite bad got under there with the gurney blasted all the bits and peices out, rang em up told em it got a clunk, booked it in for the follwing day and yerh a whole new steering rack.

I did have troubles with my Triton Yesterday took it to work from Cronulla to Shell harbour which is a tad over 200km - and wait for it she gulped up over 1/2 a tank and the engine light came on twice. I was ropable and took it striaght to Tynans at sutherland - the service manager could not give a sh*t said th earliest he could look at it is next thursday. I advised him the engine warning light came on and he said if the orange light comes on you can still drive no worries, just dont drive when its red.

Im at wits end as to what to do about the fuel consumption though, i have drained the tank checked the filters all good. Might send it in for a pull down next week.
I HATE THE GREENS!!!!!
patto

Postby shane6405 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:05 pm

ring up mitsu help line got looked after he said he will ring back the next day at 11.oo and he did
shane6405

Postby Homer on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:56 am

patto wrote:I have dealt with Heartland Mitsu at castle hill they have been great.

They have done everything that i have asked for - every hot fix the lot. Even hit a wombat which in turn damaged the steering rack rack quite bad got under there with the gurney blasted all the bits and peices out, rang em up told em it got a clunk, booked it in for the follwing day and yerh a whole new steering rack.

I did have troubles with my Triton Yesterday took it to work from Cronulla to Shell harbour which is a tad over 200km - and wait for it she gulped up over 1/2 a tank and the engine light came on twice. I was ropable and took it striaght to Tynans at sutherland - the service manager could not give a sh*t said th earliest he could look at it is next thursday. I advised him the engine warning light came on and he said if the orange light comes on you can still drive no worries, just dont drive when its red.

Im at wits end as to what to do about the fuel consumption though, i have drained the tank checked the filters all good. Might send it in for a pull down next week.

Yes mate, your patience has been very good considering the amount of cash you have poured down the exhaust. Time to get nasty.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Dylan 191 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:59 am

couldnt for the life of me find the good experiences thread so oh well
missus went down to our dealer to pick up a bonnet protector and i asked her to get a price on sum deep dish rubber mats
she came back with a front set that the guy had GIVEN to her , he said they need sum trimming and he couldnt be bothered doin it so we got em for nicks
little bit of cutting and presto
still sum good people out there
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby Adz on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 am

I have my tri booked in tomorrow to have the power steering pump replaced but still havent heard anything back about what MMLA are going to do to fix the rattle in my engine. Im thinking I should ring the stealer & find out whats going on, no doubt they havent heard anything either! :roll:

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted as to the outcome of all these issues.
Adz

Postby daryn on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Dylan 191 wrote:couldnt for the life of me find the good experiences thread so oh well
missus went down to our dealer to pick up a bonnet protector and i asked her to get a price on sum deep dish rubber mats
she came back with a front set that the guy had GIVEN to her , he said they need sum trimming and he couldnt be bothered doin it so we got em for nicks
little bit of cutting and presto
still sum good people out there

Dylan,

If I was you the missus should for now on be handling all of the Dealer relations :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:11 pm

yeah Daryn thats what i thought ;)
shes good at getn on peoples good side and cant complain about a freebie here and there !
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby echos1964 on Sun May 17, 2015 12:26 pm

destorman wrote:OK, the 2nd of 2 new threads ...

And, possibly the longest?

Which dealerships should people avoid, and most importantly why?

Bad sales person ...?

Had problems that have not been handled well ?

Let fellow Triton owners know before they too are having problems with these people ...

I bet we find the same names keep coming up ... ?

Cricks Tweed Heads - poor customer service in servicing reception.
Then forgetting to check fuel system on pick up of triton saw car being towed.
Daughters new car service had her driving around without transmission oil.
My mn saw me stranded at beudesert on Saturday after service on Friday because power steer hose comming loose.
Wont replace steering wheel audio control buttons because i have a pioneer entertainment system fiited.
Annoying rattle in drivers side door pillar - argument that rattles not covered under warranty - resolution attained after talking issues with principal owner - had car all day - rude telephone call to pick up vehicle - keys thrown at me on entering service reception - car still had rattle - Arb found the rattle in 30 seconds - the plastic surrounding seat belt hanger was prised partially open.
Mates trucks used to get serviced there (x 5 tritons) but also having similar reception issues he takes then to Southport zupps.
Pretty poor considering last 9 years bought all our cars from there.
echos1964

Postby AnOldFart on Sun May 17, 2015 12:56 pm

echos1964 wrote:

Bad sales person ...?

Let fellow Triton owners know before they too are having problems with these people ...

My mn saw me stranded at beudesert on Saturday after service on Friday because power steer hose comming loose.
Wont replace steering wheel audio control buttons because i have a pioneer entertainment system fiited.
Annoying rattle in drivers side door pillar - argument that rattles not covered under warranty - resolution attained after talking issues with principal owner - had car all day - rude telephone call to pick up vehicle - keys thrown at me on entering service reception - car still had rattle - Arb found the rattle in 30 seconds - the plastic surrounding seat belt hanger was prised partially open.
Mates trucks used to get serviced there (x 5 tritons) but also having similar reception issues he takes then to Southport zupps.

If you're the sort of person who enjoys a bit of -self flagellation- you could try -writing- a letter of complaint to the Dealer Principal outlining all of your grievances and pointing out clearly, all of the money he has gotten out of you and your mates over the past 9 years, and which he will now be getting -NONE- of, from this point forward. Make it clear that you've also sent a carbon copy of the exact same letter to MMAL just so that they also know what a truly -sterling- job he and his -service- staff are -actually- doing, to enhance -their- company's brand, in the eyes of Australia's new vehicle buying public.... :evil:
You never know, you might be bringing these issues to his attention that he's currently unaware of and you could get a good outcome as a result....? Yeah, I know, and pigs might fly too.... :lol:
On the other hand, if you simply couldn't be bothered, with all of that effort/aggravation, then just 'flip em the bird' and let your wallet do the voting for you, by taking it next time to see another Stealer who -does- value their -paying- customers and the contents of their wallets.... ;)
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby robothefisho on Sun May 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Biloela Mitsubishi/ the other car yard owned by the same company in town. Triton went in for a service where valve clearance was meant to be checked, rear diff oil meant to be changed, engine oil and filter etc. Gearbox also in for repair of 3rd gear. Only work they did was the gearbox and changed engine oil only. Brought to attention of the service manager before driving away. Followed up with the Dealer principal and mitsubishi Australia. Dealership employees blatanly lied to my face and mits just towed the line of dealership. Everything was documented with photographs and followed up with independent mechanics. However trying to pursue this crap is pointless as no independent body is prepared to fight the good fight and small claims just isn't worth it for the sort of dollars involved.
robothefisho

Postby destorman on Mon May 18, 2015 2:50 pm

AnOldFart wrote:
echos1964 wrote:

Bad sales person ...?

If you're the sort of person who enjoys a bit of -self flagellation- you could try -writing- a letter of complaint to the Dealer Principal outlining all of your grievances and pointing out clearly, all of the money he has gotten out of you and your mates over the past 9 years, and which he will now be getting -NONE- of, from this point forward. Make it clear that you've also sent a carbon copy of the exact same letter to MMAL just so that they also know what a truly -sterling- job he and his -service- staff are -actually- doing, to enhance -their- company's brand, in the eyes of Australia's new vehicle buying public.... :evil:
You never know, you might be bringing these issues to his attention that he's currently unaware of and you could get a good outcome as a result....? Yeah, I know, and pigs might fly too.... :lol:
On the other hand, if you simply couldn't be bothered, with all of that effort/aggravation, then just 'flip em the bird' and let your wallet do the voting for you, by taking it next time to see another Stealer who -does- value their -paying- customers and the contents of their wallets.... ;)

Old fart ... Yep great idea ... Generally. But, having experienced similar issues myself at that same dealership, and know of personally 5 others who no longer go their either, well, its systemic. I've escalated to the dealer principal, who, to his credit stepped in to try and resolve issues. But, and a big but, when issues arouse again. He couldn't give a rats. So, I've never been back.

On a positive, we, all 5 of us that I know have found Robina, now part of the von Bibra group to be good (touch wood).
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

Postby AnOldFart on Mon May 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Cheers 'destorman' yep, then voting with the contents of your wallet at another -better- Stealer, is always the best option under those circumstances.... ;)
That's a far too typical problem with an -awful- lot of businesses in this country ie, they don't -value- their -existing- paying customers and the stupid drongos don't understand that it is -far- more expensive for them trying to -attract- new business, rather than -retain- their existing customer base.
They also fail to realise, and it's a proven fact, that each happy customer is literally worth their weight in gold to them because they are happy to refer their business via word of mouth to their close circle of friends and acquaintances, which then results in achieving further follow on business for them, whereas each unhappy customer, will typically -SLAG- them off to on average, at least 27 others ie, far more than just their immediate circle of contacts.
Maybe, one day, the dopes will learn the recipe for success.... ;)
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to General Discussion