ECU upgrade by MRT

Anything Triton related

Re: ECU upgrade by MRT

Postby nelds on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:07 pm

no probs with the SQR performed one on mine today after having it tuned on monday was a little rattly after and now its fine again maybe even made the motor a little more smooth to drive with no detriment to power
nelds
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NTBB on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:36 am

nelds did the dealer pick up on the ecutek.. :?:
I bought my 4wd out of NEED not want.
NTBB

Postby borngeek on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:52 am

my understanding is the SQL is just a calibration routine and would not fiddle with the ecu setup/programming at all...
I wonder if the MUT3 would detect the modified ECU tune.. There is a self diagnosis routine it runs through (takes about 5 mins) and maybe it can/will... Interested if it does! Its a cool bit of kit that MUT3 so it very well could do!

Main risk would be a ECU update reflashing the entire 'build' inside the ecu. Then you say bye bye to ecutek but with the warrantee they would reload the tune in a heartbeat for you (how much for that is a good question though).

You can be rather specific with the service dept and say DONT UPGRADE MY FN ECU or I go skitz... the desk jockey unlikely to pass that info down to the people actually performing the work.. :|
Put a big sticker over the OBDII with the message DO NOT UPGRADE ECU!! That might work :lol:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 am

I just want to put our "bricked piggy back" up against the MRT and see what gains/falls we really see in performance.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ag9111 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:34 am

Conversation with MRT indicated that once they do the reflash, than Mitsi is locked out of ECU and can not reload the factory stuff. They will definitly know its been played with
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:33 am

ag9111 wrote:Conversation with MRT indicated that once they do the reflash, than Mitsi is locked out of ECU and can not reload the factory stuff. They will definitly know its been played with

That's odd Garth, CCM told me something different - hence previous discussion about a reflash wiping out the new tune. I was talking to Brett Middleton yesterday (CCM no longer with MRT :o ) and asked him about the risk of dealer flashing over the top. His only response was that dealers so rarely flash ECUs it wouldn't be a problem and that in any event MRT would redo it for free anyway - no mention of dealers being locked out. :? :?

All a bit confusing.

MRT have a special offer on at the moment for those with piggyback chips - PM me for details, don't want to break forum protocol or otherwise start a riot by mentioning it in here.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Found this on MRT's website this afternoon:

EcuTeK features:
• Fully customisable to suit your car.
• Live data logging of the data stream within your cars ECU.
• Ability to tune your cars ECU to suit your modifications.
• Can be fully reversed back to the standard factory settings.
• Still allows your preferred servicing technitians to scan and test the factory ECU protocols
• Does not stop your car manufacturer / Dealer from scanning and checking the ECU

Technitians? oh well I guess I'm not going to be paying them to do spelling homework :lol:

Cowboy Dave

Postby nelds on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:51 pm

hey guys no prob picking the retune up on the mut im in a gd position with my old boss so i just use the mut myself and had a gd look around the only thing that comes up on the mut is the version of software that was last installed by MMAL, dealers dont have acess to the mapping so there is no way they cld find anything out of the usual
nelds
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NTBB on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:54 am

Cool thanks for that nelds.... 8-)
NTBB

Postby MRTbrett on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:41 pm

GLX-R MN wrote:I just want to put our "bricked piggy back" up against the MRT and see what gains/falls we really see in performance.

Contact us, 100% guaranteed to be better if not it costs nothing and you can revert back to what you had
:)
everything to gain and NOTHING to lose!
MRT
MRTbrett

Postby MRTbrett on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm

ag9111 wrote:Conversation with MRT indicated that once they do the reflash, than Mitsi is locked out of ECU and can not reload the factory stuff. They will definitly know its been played with

Sorry wrong the upgrade to the ECU still allows full diagnostic work by MMAL and anyone with a 'normal" scan tool

cheers

MRTBrett
MRT
MRTbrett

Postby Tony on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 am

MRTbrett wrote:
GLX-R MN wrote:I just want to put our "bricked piggy back" up against the MRT and see what gains/falls we really see in performance.

Contact us, 100% guaranteed to be better if not it costs nothing and you can revert back to what you had
:)
everything to gain and NOTHING to lose!

I't must be good then... :o I would be happy to pop mine on a dyno to see the real diference. Remember I have had the fuel limiter mod done so can run 15% higher fuel pressure when needed.
Haven't got into the nuts and bolts of this as yet. What do we do with EGT's?.. At some point they must rise? Especially when towing.

The Landy boys have done this with intercooler and turbo upgrades with great success. I've heard no issues with dealers or scan tools. 8-)
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby reeldreamer on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:16 am

Has anyone got any dyno charts for the chipit upgrade? I have posted my dyno chart with the MRT upgrade! I can tell you it blows the DP Chip out of the water!
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby Wallace on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:21 am

RD have a look here.....
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt35 ... hip-it.jpg
This is snowies comparison ( Note )......
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Here's a dyno chart for an MN 2.5 before and after an Ecutek tune:

Click to view larger picture

Click for the whole thing. The dyno was a hub dyno which I am told is more accurate. I don't profess to understand it much beyond the basic principle that the higher lines means more power etc 8-)

Cowboy Dave

ECU upgrade by MRT

Postby gregned on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Looks very twitchy at 2075 rpm, big spike what's happening there?
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:27 pm

gregned wrote:Looks very twitchy at 2075 rpm, big spike what's happening there?

Something to do with it being an auto and having to do the testing in 4th. I was told to ignore the left hand side of it :? :?

Cowboy Dave

ECU upgrade by MRT

Postby gregned on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:31 pm

I just cant get my head around it I can easily follow the 3.2 dyno graph but can't understand the 2.5 I can't quite put my finger on it though.
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Postby NTBB on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 pm

CD Which way did you go with the EGR ?
NTBB

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Haven't touched it. For my part I am going with a catch can though. I've got as far as putting it in but haven't stuck the hoses on it yet, ran out of daylight the day I made up the brackets and stuff. I gather from what MRT have posted previously they close it as part of the tune except in certain low throttle circumstances. Can't say I understand it much.

Cowboy Dave

Postby NTBB on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Haven't touched it. For my part I am going with a catch can though. I've got as far as putting it in but haven't stuck the hoses on it yet, ran out of daylight the day I made up the brackets and stuff. I gather from what MRT have posted previously they close it as part of the tune except in certain low throttle circumstances. Can't say I understand it much.

Yeah mines still sitting on a shelf... :oops: CD IMO the carbon is much worse when mixed with the oil.... :x
I spent half a day at my local mech cleaning the intake out whilst he did my tappets,the carbon was much worse post egr valve........ :evil:
The reason i would like to go the ecutek path is because i want to run the blank with out limpy's but the extra Nm won't go astray....... 8-)
On a side note does anyone think there maybe some merrit in not fitting a catch can :?: Hicko started a thread that had some pics of his intake pipe... :shock: well mine looked the same after the ome ones kept letting heaps of dust get sucked in to the intake, when i took off the induction pipe the front of the turbo was wet with a brown sludge...... :o
Fitted A uni filter no problems after that.... 8-)
So i ran with the ome filters for some time and was expecting to see some residue post cooler but it was clean as.... :) So is there a advantage in having some oil in the cooler as a secondary defence against dust and maybe even a small dose of water :?:
NTBB

Postby Tony on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 pm

reeldreamer wrote:Has anyone got any dyno charts for the chipit upgrade? I have posted my dyno chart with the MRT upgrade! I can tell you it blows the DP Chip out of the water!

I will soon, be interesting. Think the Chip IT may blow the DP out as well though :lol:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Great results for a measly little 2.5 there cowboydave. :D Not much more for the 200 HP. :twisted: The stinky 2.5 Navaras and 3ltr Rolux are putting out over 180hp with a module these days :o
You will feel all that extra torque. Its what make things move forward. ;) Autos can be a pig on a dyno so is why they have to run up some speed before loading. That peak you see is a momentum thing. If it kicked down the bugger may try to climb off the rollers with all that torque :lol: Or smoke the tyres.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MRTbrett on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 pm

RE 2500 cc DYNO DATA

A quik note on the dyno
As its an auto we have to start the run with part throttle otherwise it kicks down, so anything below, around, say 2500 is not accurate as the level of throttle can vary.
Also this is done in 2wd (rear) mode as well as it saves time in putting the car on and off the dyno.

As our dyno is bolted on so there is zero wheelspin and the jagged line is real data as there is zero wheelspin to 'average" out the smoothness of the line and the hub dyno shows every little bit of variation.

We will edit and tidy up the dyno report in the comming week to make it easier to understand.
Bottom line is the
LIGHT blue is stock TORQUE and DARK Blue is tuned
LIGHT Green is stock POWER and DARK Green is tuned
MRT
MRTbrett

Postby Damo on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 am

Looking forward to seeing S&J when I get my Triton... :twisted:
Damo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion