ML Unifilter Element

Anything Triton related

Re: ML Unifilter Element

Postby sheepo on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Where is the best place to buy more filter oil or where can u get it from ? I am in SA cheers Peter
Peter
08 VR
sheepo

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Online is easiest, unifilter have their own site.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:
har05l wrote:I know there are a few different types of oils being used after the filter has been cleaned but has anyone tried using chainsaw chain oil :?

I need to clean both filters today so just curious :)

I have a cleaning kit from unifilter as well as the equivalent stuff from K&N and a couple of dirty filters as I got lazy and swapped them instead of cleaning...

I'll swap you all the stuff you need if you clean one of mine while you're there.... Shame you're all the way out at the 'riff

i though i was the only one. :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

actually i think the covers are cheaper than the OEM paper filter so you really are no worse off.

i have a spare so i can have one ready and do the other when i have time. which is great when on outback trips and lots of dust.

i can see me doing two at once though. :lol: :lol: :lol: or just buying another one.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:04 pm

I changed the thinner element first and then when I tried to buy another ultimate were out but did me a good price on a whole filter... So I have two filters to clean, and a thinner element thing, and for that matter an old K&N sitting here somewhere. And a snorkle pre-filter but I think I bought 2 of those just in case so I still have a new one to put on if I can find it :lol: :roll:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Snooozy on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:25 pm

sheepo wrote:Where is the best place to buy more filter oil or where can u get it from ? I am in SA cheers Peter

drop Ultimate a PM, they were distributors a while back, I think they still do it.

I got my oil from them
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sheepo on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Cheers for that
Peter
08 VR
sheepo

Postby har05l on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:
har05l wrote:I know there are a few different types of oils being used after the filter has been cleaned but has anyone tried using chainsaw chain oil :?

I need to clean both filters today so just curious :)

I have a cleaning kit from unifilter as well as the equivalent stuff from K&N and a couple of dirty filters as I got lazy and swapped them instead of cleaning...

I'll swap you all the stuff you need if you clean one of mine while you're there.... Shame you're all the way out at the 'riff

If only you lived closer CD and I could've done them all, and snowie's :lol:

Ended up getting the castrol spray foam oil that gibbo mentioned as the only other stuff available today was the K&N product which was also in spray form. Worked a treat and now I have the spare in the tub ready to as well :D
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to General Discussion