New Triton is great...but the seats are terrible

Anything Triton related

Re: New Triton is great...but the seats are terrible

Postby sierra on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:32 am

Just rang the wreckers and got quoted $275 which sounds alright if it's like new.
They wont have the right one though cos it's MY09 and the colour changed to darker so it wouldn't show the dirt so easy but I'm going to look and show them what I want for when some poor bugger's pride and joy comes in.
:( :| :)
sierra

Postby sierra on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:52 pm

On order but I don't want one with any body fluid stains.
:( :(
sierra

Postby andyj on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:03 pm

sierra wrote:
drover wrote:Well there you go might be worth talking to the Mitsu mob for a price if they were a $250.00 option. Might give em a bell on Fri. :)

Just gave them a ring and he guessed at $2,5000 for the seat and couldn't quote properly without adding all the parts up because it comes in bits to assemble. He's probably not far off and the wreckers sounds the go after that if it's cheap enough[as he suggested]?
:cry: :cry: :roll:

even for mitsi $2,5000 is a bit expensive .......................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby sierra on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:22 pm

andyj wrote:
even for mitsi $2,5000 is a bit expensive .......................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typo typo!!!!!! Corrected. :roll: :idea: At least I put the comma in.
That's a lot more than it cost new.
:D :lol: :lol:
sierra

Postby drover on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:51 pm

It's a bit embarrassing that I am a died in the wool Mitsu man and drive a SDX Mazda BT 50 space cab for work doing around 40,000km a year on dirt and bitumen and have to concide that it is more comfortbull than the Triton and the missus saying why didn't you buy one of these? (Cause I don't like ###**## Fords & Mazda's).I have a couple of ML Pajero seats that I had in the old wagon so armed with oxy, drop saw, angle grinder, mig & stick welder something is going to give come the weekend the worst that can happen is I bugger up a couple of old seat frames. :)
drover

Postby sierra on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:42 pm

If you could mount the sliding rails onto the existing seat with the front about 20mm higher it could transform it.
To fit the proper single seat with rails and rake is just nuts though. Good luck.
8-) :D
sierra

Postby joker on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:48 pm

drover wrote:It's a bit embarrassing that I am a died in the wool Mitsu man and drive a SDX Mazda BT 50 space cab for work doing around 40,000km a year on dirt and bitumen and have to concide that it is more comfortbull than the Triton and the missus saying why didn't you buy one of these? (Cause I don't like ###**## Fords & Mazda's).I have a couple of ML Pajero seats that I had in the old wagon so armed with oxy, drop saw, angle grinder, mig & stick welder something is going to give come the weekend the worst that can happen is I bugger up a couple of old seat frames. :)

Not to mention the gearboxes drop out of them.........
I think yours and mine (work BT 50's) are the only ones it hasn't happened to Drover.
joker

Postby drover on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Tried the modification of the ML Pajero seat idea, a complete failure. So went back to Serria's idea with a bit of 50x25x3mm RHS under the front and a 50x5mm flat at the back, you loose about 5mm at the back because the mounting plate sits over the head of the mount bolt, but I think it's better than it was. Installing a LH bucket would no doubt be the best option. So one will need to save the pennies and see whats about. Will put a couple of photos on here when I work out how! :lol:
drover

Postby sierra on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:15 pm

At least you gave it a go drover.
Did you bring it forward and tilt it back? If that doesn't work then increasing the angle of of the back might help but that looks difficult to achieve in this fixed arrangement?
:? :( :)
sierra

Postby drover on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Put a couple of photos in My Shed of the alterations to the split bench, couldn't work out how to put them in here. It pushed the top of the seat back, back about 25 / 30 mm. Have been told that I need an engineers certificate as it may compromise the safety of the mounting points. (buggered if I know think I'll have to get a bucket. :?
drover

Postby sierra on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

So much easier with a couple of pics.
That looks ideal for making the most of a bad set up without altering the fixed seat back angle. Have you got the boss to drive you around for a while to see how it feels?
How would an engineer view the chances of the centre passenger surviving with a lap belt and sitting at 45deg? Still it's a valid point and the bucket wouldn't need it and would solve the problems even if it becomes a 2 seater.
:) :)
sierra

Postby drover on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Haven't been for a drive in it yet but sat up in it in the back yard for about 1/2 hour on Sunday I think it was better.Felt like a bit of a twit just sittin there, even the dog was lookin at me in a strange way. As far as needing a certificate rego comes up at the end of Oct so I'll see what happens then. Got a quick 4'000 km trip in a couple of weeks time so the truth will show up then. :)
drover

Postby sierra on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 pm

drover wrote:Felt like a bit of a twit just sittin there, even the dog was lookin at me in a strange way.

:D Even the dog knew you couldn't drive it sitting on that side and it took you 1/2 an hour to realise you'd got in the wrong side! He'll be locking you out in the garden and settling down in front the telly.
:D :lol:
sierra

Postby did3.2 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Anyone planning to attend the Brindies trip in 3 weeks, and wants to fix their seats pm me for an order on spacers. I will do no post pricing for delivery on the sunday.
Pm me quantity and size to ensure I can get them done before hand.
Cheers.
Family, Friends and Four Wheel Drives!
did3.2

Postby Triton09 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:08 am

did3.2 wrote:Anyone planning to attend the Brindies trip in 3 weeks, and wants to fix their seats pm me for an order on spacers. I will do no post pricing for delivery on the sunday.
Pm me quantity and size to ensure I can get them done before hand.
Cheers.
I was but Im still waiting for my vehicle delivery since midle of june
for one thing or other the latest is ARB hasent go the parts that the dealer ordered (the dealer must have ordered the day the vehicle arrived) Not when I confirmed what I wanted.
Its been a rough ride with this one Im really Pist.
I will Pm you soon as I get it

Gabriel
Triton09

Postby tritionspecn on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:04 am

Gabriel,
I think you have been waiting on yours just as long as mine!! Strewth. I can blame myself as I've changed on two Tritons, but yours!!!! Surely you should get some goodies thrown in. I would be pushing it! Best of Luck!!
tritionspecn

Postby Greedy on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:07 am

Triton09 wrote:for one thing or other the latest is ARB hasent go the parts that the dealer ordered

Wish I had a dollar for each time I'd herad this dilemma. :roll: Hope you get it sorted soon.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Triton09 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:05 pm

tritionspecn wrote:Gabriel,
I think you have been waiting on yours just as long as mine!! Strewth. I can blame myself as I've changed on two Tritons, but yours!!!! Surely you should get some goodies thrown in. I would be pushing it! Best of Luck!!

Tritionspecn
I have tried to get some extras trown in the only thing I managed was an extra driving lights loom and a dashboard cover and an old Toyota cresida as I sold my patrol and didnt have a car to drive it took a lot of arm twisting I have also been trying for a set of seat covers but they wont let go Ill keep on isiting but its hard

Thanks Gabriel
Ps where did you order yours
Triton09

Postby tritionspecn on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:47 pm

I ordered mine in melb. Eastside mitsi.
Ark up a little more or threaten to call mitsi Australia about their service and crap. Surely as a run out model they can throw it in for the delays. I wonder if they would be so kind to give you a massive discount. :x
Wishful thinking but.......... c how you go.
Nuri
tritionspecn

Postby Triton09 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:23 am

tritionspecn wrote:I ordered mine in melb. Eastside mitsi.
Ark up a little more or threaten to call mitsi Australia about their service and crap. Surely as a run out model they can throw it in for the delays. I wonder if they would be so kind to give you a massive discount. :x
Wishful thinking but.......... c how you go.
Nuri

Nuri
I ordered mine from Melb as well Dandenong Mits
Every time I ring them they are never there never answer you calls or return calls Ill see what I can do

Gabriel
Triton09

Postby Greedy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:26 am

Triton09 wrote:Every time I ring them they are never there never answer you calls or return calls Ill see what I can do

My experience with the Adelaide dealers leads me to believe they don't have outgoing phone lines. :roll: :twisted:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Triton09 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:55 am

Greedy wrote:
Triton09 wrote:Every time I ring them they are never there never answer you calls or return calls Ill see what I can do

My experience with the Adelaide dealers leads me to believe they don't have outgoing phone lines. :roll: :twisted:

Thanks Greedy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Triton09

Postby Eelesy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 pm

I recieved my set on tuesday, but ive been so flat out at work i havnt even got time to scratch myself let alone put the spacers in.

ill report back when i get a chance
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby mikecass54 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Fitted a set of 25mm Seat spacers that DiD3.2 Supplied. Now feels like I am sitting in a seat rather than on it and the steering wheel no longer fees like a grab rail. Highly recommend this mod.
mikecass54

Postby snowman on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 am

not sure if Mits would even know yet but has anyone asked what the new MN front buckets are worth as spares?......might keep Homer out of jail.... :D :D
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion