MN Drivers f e e d b a c k !

Anything Triton related

Re: MN Drivers Feedback!!

Postby tritionspecn on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:25 pm

hey guys,
Squeeek @ 5500k!! Some things never change!
tritionspecn

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 am

mine has only done 1,600kms and I've now also got a squeak in the rear suspension. my 10 year old picked it up as soon as I climbed up on the tailgate last night (insert fat joke here... :oops: )
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:49 pm

took mine in for its 1500 service today (about 1650 on the clock including some dirt roads that weren't especially smooth). mentioned the squeak. dealer insisted that as yet there is no known suspension squeak problem or fix for the MN model. told me the mechanics had 'tightened some bolts on the leaves...' guess I'll wait and see if I still have a squeak. the dealer was not particularly confidence inspiring. they had to come out and ask me how to get the GPS disc out of the MMCS so they could replace it with the correct current version (they gave me an old one when I picked it up new - nice try). I'm thinking maybe I need to find another dealer for future services.

Cowboy Dave

Postby cantdrive on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:51 pm

I've got an annoying high pitched squeak rattle in mine to. It is definitely coming from the rear but I think it is around the seat in the back.
cantdrive

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:26 pm

I have a rattle with the 'tools' that go with the jack behind the seat - didn't start til after I'd pulled them out of their clips and replaced them so no doubt that's my fault. My suspension squeak appears to have gone after the dealer service.

On the weekend I also finally proved beyond doubt that a rear view camera can be connected to the MMCS and made to trigger automatically when reverse is selected. The dealers still won't do it, but it can be done. I might have to do a write up about how to achieve that one day.
Last edited by Cowboy Dave on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowboy Dave

Postby garage-tuner on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:I have a rattle with the 'tools' that go with the jack behind the seat - didn't start til after I'd pulled them out of thir clips and replaced them so no doubt that's my fault. My suspension squeak appears to have gone after the dealer service.

On the weekend I also finally proved beyond doubt that a rear view camera can be connected to the MMCS and made to trigger automatically when reverse is selected. The dealers still won't do it, but it can be done. I might have to do a write up about how to achieve that one day.

If the rattle has a metallic ring to it, it might actually be coming from the jack itself. The head on the top of the jack can sometimes be causing this noise. Some tape over the end of the jack will hold the head steady and is an easy fix.

It is a bit strange that the dealers won’t fit a reversing camera, as there is a genuine Mitsubishi accessory MMCS Camera & Harness Kit available (MR936846) for the MN Triton.
garage-tuner

Postby jasduf on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Howdy all,

My first post :D

I am a very happy owner (took delivery week before xmas thanks Santa!) of a MN GLX-R Luxury Pack with the MMCS and had the dealer fit the reversing camera (approx $600) the dealer was happy to do it. So I would pester your dealer. It mounts just above the number plate and on the big MMCS screen provides good vision.
jasduf

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 pm

garage-tuner]

It is a bit strange that the dealers won’t fit a reversing camera, as there is a genuine Mitsubishi accessory MMCS Camera & Harness Kit available (MR936846) for the MN Triton.[/quote]

[quote="jasduf wrote:
I am a very happy owner (took delivery week before xmas thanks Santa!) of a MN GLX-R Luxury Pack with the MMCS and had the dealer fit the reversing camera (approx $600) the dealer was happy to do it. So I would pester your dealer. It mounts just above the number plate and on the big MMCS screen provides good vision.

oh now that's not fair, where were you guys a couple of weeks back...

does anyone know what the list price is for the kit above?

oh well I used a Lancer cable that cost me $65 and a bargain camera I picked up on sale from Repco for $70 so I guess I came out ahead money-wise and it all works pretty well - and I spent some time getting intimate with the underside of the vehicle :roll:

jasduf - any chance of a photo of how/where they mounted the camera? I'm probably going to have to make a little bracket for mine so any ideas you can give would be a great help.

as to the dealer, I really think I need to find another one

Cowboy Dave

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:34 pm

garage-tuner wrote:
If the rattle has a metallic ring to it, it might actually be coming from the jack itself. The head on the top of the jack can sometimes be causing this noise. Some tape over the end of the jack will hold the head steady and is an easy fix.

this sounds more like one of the handles on the plastic body panel or something with similar tone. I did check the jack before, it's all fine. I was planning to put something soft between the handles and the plastic and see if that got rid of it, it could well be something else though.

Since we're talking part numbers and all, does anyone know if there is a harness that connects the MMCS to a Rockford Fosgate amp in either a Triton or another Mitsubishi? There must be such a beast but without a part number I've got buckleys. I know which plug it goes into and there are only 3 wires on it now so there's plenty of scope for line level outputs over there rather than having to snip into the speaker outs that are there now and convert them down for the amp.

Also, has anyone got access to the MN workshop manual (it comes on CD)? I've been told it's not for retail sale, although there is a copy in the state library in Adelaide. I've got the ML manual which is good for most things but it would be handy to have the new one.

Cowboy Dave

Postby gregned on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:45 pm

In Adelaide Hmmmm Maybe one of us Adelaideans should back it up for you??? I work in North Adelaide Memorial Hospital
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 pm

gregned wrote:In Adelaide Hmmmm Maybe one of us Adelaideans should back it up for you??? I work in North Adelaide Memorial Hospital

http://www.catalog.slsa.sa.gov.au:80/record=b2322067~S1

not clear that they'd give you that sort of access but I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd be glad to have it - I'd be happy to pay for it if someone would sell it to me.

Cowboy Dave

Postby jasduf on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:50 am

Will take some piccys when i get home this arvo..

Cowboy Dave wrote:
garage-tuner]

It is a bit strange that the dealers won’t fit a reversing camera, as there is a genuine Mitsubishi accessory MMCS Camera & Harness Kit available (MR936846) for the MN Triton.[/quote]

[quote="jasduf wrote:

oh now that's not fair, where were you guys a couple of weeks back...

does anyone know what the list price is for the kit above?

oh well I used a Lancer cable that cost me $65 and a bargain camera I picked up on sale from Repco for $70 so I guess I came out ahead money-wise and it all works pretty well - and I spent some time getting intimate with the underside of the vehicle :roll:

jasduf - any chance of a photo of how/where they mounted the camera? I'm probably going to have to make a little bracket for mine so any ideas you can give would be a great help.

as to the dealer, I really think I need to find another one
jasduf

Postby jasduf on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Here is the pic of the reversing camera; just above the number plate, not sure what is holding the dam thing in place as I didnt have time to remove the number plate and crawling under it revealed little but I am not that small so squeezing under it was fun :lol:

Camera has not moved in almost 3000km so must be something decent, have not done any serious trips, mainly day trips outta canberra into the brindies (Mt Ginini, Brindabella and across to Wee Jasper)and up to the kosi, guthega and island bend. Mainly corrigations, and some decent stony tracks

Click to view larger picture

Cowboy Dave wrote:
garage-tuner wrote:

this sounds more like one of the handles on the plastic body panel or something with similar tone. I did check the jack before, it's all fine. I was planning to put something soft between the handles and the plastic and see if that got rid of it, it could well be something else though.

Since we're talking part numbers and all, does anyone know if there is a harness that connects the MMCS to a Rockford Fosgate amp in either a Triton or another Mitsubishi? There must be such a beast but without a part number I've got buckleys. I know which plug it goes into and there are only 3 wires on it now so there's plenty of scope for line level outputs over there rather than having to snip into the speaker outs that are there now and convert them down for the amp.

Also, has anyone got access to the MN workshop manual (it comes on CD)? I've been told it's not for retail sale, although there is a copy in the state library in Adelaide. I've got the ML manual which is good for most things but it would be handy to have the new one.
jasduf

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 pm

thanks Jasduf. I wouldn't have thought of going that way, I was going to hang it from the horizontal bit between the number plate lamps. gives me something else to think about. :idea:

Cowboy Dave

Postby garage-tuner on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Since we're talking part numbers and all, does anyone know if there is a harness that connects the MMCS to a Rockford Fosgate amp in either a Triton or another Mitsubishi? There must be such a beast but without a part number I've got buckleys. I know which plug it goes into and there are only 3 wires on it now so there's plenty of scope for line level outputs over there rather than having to snip into the speaker outs that are there now and convert them down for the amp.

The top spec'd models of Lancer, Outlander and Pajero have MMCS in combination with the Rockford Foasgate system. How you'd work out a harness number is another story......

Cowboy Dave wrote:Also, has anyone got access to the MN workshop manual (it comes on CD)? I've been told it's not for retail sale, although there is a copy in the state library in Adelaide. I've got the ML manual which is good for most things but it would be handy to have the new one.

The MN workshop manual is indeed on CD.
The part numer is MR936949 and from what I've heard it retails for about $200. You should be able to purchase it from your local dealer.
garage-tuner

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm

I know the part number but my dealer reckons they don't sell it. Time for a new dealer as I think I've said before. On the positive side I got my new sun visors today - provided as part of a recall because they ran out of the correct ones late last year.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Cuetec on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi All, I will collect a new GLXR MN MY10 Triton on 28/1/10 and I have just discovered a major problem for me in Queensland with the tyres. The MN has 245X65XR17 Bridgestone D840 MZ tyre as standard and very importantly the load rating is 111SRF. The D840 is strictly highway only and not at all suitable for fitting to a 4X4. In Queensland it is not legal to go to a 245X70XR17 size tyre and after hundreds of phone calls to tyre Co. I have not found even one supplier for an all tarain tyre that is legal. Can you believe it and can you help????
Geoff
Cuetec

Postby QueenslandeR on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:42 pm

bridgestone D694 A/T comes in 245/65 R17 geoff, theres a 255/65 LT too. Thats only from bridgestone though as thats what i went with on my car. Surely others would have something similar.
QueenslandeR

Postby Cuetec on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks for the information. I will have to check again with Bridgestone as they told me the D694 was not available in 245X65X17 and that the 255/65 were technically illegal. :o How made is it that you can't have options for a production 4X4 vehicle?
Geoff
Cuetec

Postby merlot21 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:49 am

We bought our MN just before christmas very happy with it, we too find the mirrors abit strange and the parking, We ordered a ARB canopy which we bought home to install and found the we went to put the U channel to go across the front of the tray is too long has anyone else had this problem as now we have to wait until they open as we cannot install it pretty pissed at the moment about it.
merlot21

Postby Cuetec on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:26 am

Hi from Yeppoon. The MN which I will collect in Brisbane this week will have a genuine Trade Style canopy. I did this because I did not think ARB have caught up with the fact that the MN's have the longer tub. What do you think about my earlier posting Re the lack of tyre choice and with the larger tub the tow rating on the MN comes back to 2700kg.
The genuine tow bar was going to cost $880 fitted. I was able to get one from Aranda Towbars Brisbane fitted for $530 and from Tint A Car four windows for $197. The dealer wanted over $500.
Cuetec

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 am

Cuetec, doesn't the MN have rear privacy glass like the ML? According to the Mitsu site it does. This means you only have to tint the two front windows since the others are done in the factory, in the glass, not a film so they can be darker than the standard legal film type tint yet still be legal.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Cuetec on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi "Now For The 5th"
Thanks for your interest. As I am in Yeppoon I have not even seen a GLXR and so I am in the dark on many matters eg tyres,tinting, towbars etc. When I get to Brisbane on Thursday I will be checking all these thing out but the dealer tried to sell me their tinting for over $500.00. Lets hope I can get over these hurdles and I end up with a good vehicle. The tyres still remain a problem as those supplied are not off road and the combination of 17" and 111srf load rating has cut my legal options to zero. I will phone Mitsubishi on Monday.
Cheers
Cuetec

Postby Steane on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Rear courtesy tint is just coloured glass and offers no UV protection, its actually quite dangerous that folks (with kids) don't all realise that. Getting the rears tinted so you get the UV protection is the way to go.

Also see this thread re the MNs fitted with ESC as it appears any tyre, wheel or suspension changes need an engineers report http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4372
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Bammo on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Cuetec wrote:Thanks for the information. I will have to check again with Bridgestone as they told me the D694 was not available in 245X65X17 and that the 255/65 were technically illegal. :o How made is it that you can't have options for a production 4X4 vehicle?
Geoff

I've just fitted the Bridgestone 694 A/T in 265/65/17's - on special until the end of the month at Bob Jane's for $282 each. The OD is about 3/4 of an inch larger than the stock 245's so they are perfectly legal in most states (except possibly NSW?). I did a country drive in them today and they are just absolutely brilliant, *very* quiet and superb grip. Plus they make the vehicle look very cool :) I wouldn't hesitate to go up the 265/65 if the 265/70 is too big a jump, plus the 265/65/17 is a very common size being standard on the Prado so spares are easy to get.
Bammo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion