Best Mitsubishi service centres

Anything Triton related

Re: Best Mitsubishi service centres

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:31 pm

This is good, keep them coming, bought and serviced at Eagers.
Lee-thal

Postby andyj on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Muswellbrook Motor group now they have a decent service manager sorted out my surging and pushed MMA to do under warranty
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby Mooons on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Rex Gorell in Geelong have been real good so far service manager Greg seems like a top bloke quality of work is good as well we got our canopy replaced with no issues
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Longranger1 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Plush customer lounge at Pickerings Townsville, has internet access which is nice (can post comments on this forum if they really give you the sh!ts) :twisted: .
Sloooooowwww service in the workshop depending on who is working on your car. Need to talk to the service manager as some of their work done is really sub par.
The actual workshop foreman seems like a good bloke, he tries to do his best but is struggling with a ship of fools.
I think I sent the Mitsubishi questionaire off a little early as recent dealings have peeved me greatly, what was a straight forward task which was at best a 45 minute job took them over 6 hours to complete and they still stuffed up.
Very seriously considering a private mechanic's diesel repair shop for normal logbook mandatory services (warranty is still covered I believe) as these guys do not instill any confidence at all.
They definately do not want to do warranty work it would seem, as you are really stuffed about and the customer service chick infers that you caused the issue even though it was documented almost immediately after delivery. I maintain my vehicles to a very high standard and downtime costs me dearly, something staff there really couldn't give toss about it seems. :x
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Diddy on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:17 pm

cessnock mitsubishi is always been good to me after all i bring all my oils n filters but they do a really good job greg n the boys
i wish we had a caravan like the ALCO'S
Diddy

Best Mitsubishi service centres

Postby smouch1975 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 am

I might have asked before, somewhere else. Can anybody name a good dealer for services in Perth?
Mark

Dirty woman, Clean truck :-)

View My Build Thread Here
smouch1975

Postby marashkar on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:28 pm

pickerings townsville picked up rh front strut leaking at 15000 service to stupid to fix it then. asked for car to be bought back not a problem in spite of 500 k drive dropped car of at 7 45 would be ready at 4 00 went back at 4 30 car ready strut had been changed or so i was told went out and checked had not been touched went back inside doing best not to do my lolly to be told strut could not be changed because it arrived damaged? explained to moron that i had been told when checking that they were ready for it.to be told struts keept in stock and there would not be a problem? moron than went back to check next excuse they did not have time to change it as they can only do so much to each vehicle during the day and i should be thankfull for what they did to the car= nothing and this could be a serious problem and i should do my best to bring the vehicle back again so they could fix it. i am sure by the time i finish with these morons tomorrow they will be stupidishi dealer number 3 not talking to me. so in reply to the question i too am looking for a service center not run by idiots steve
marashkar

Postby Longranger1 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Steve to do a 500km drive from Moranbah and get that sort of treatment is absolute bullshit. Give'm curry they deserve it. :x

The really annoying thing to me is that they obviously go to some lengths to show some degree of customer service like reminder calls and sms's and that sort of thing but are absolutely hopeless in actual servicing.

I can live without all the plush reception lounge and all the window dressing crap if they could only just get servicing done right which is the bloody reason why you are there in the first place.

Jump on the net while you are there tomorrow and let us know how you go. Hope it all goes well for you.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby marashkar on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:50 am

longranger you are right if they can not fix it for any reason or if everything turns to shit just say so and i can deal with it. to stand there and lie and lie and btw not even good lies is just crap. my last message is not even the full story after the service was done and the car booked in for the strut change my wife received 5 phone calls that started with how dare she tell them the strut needed fixing and they needed the car to identify what was wrong. that then went on to the next phone call to tell us to drop the car in so they could have a look at it. when told that they had already looked at the car become annoyed with her and told her that they could not order parts till the fault was identified. i should have realised what level of clowns i was dealing with then. next phone call parts had arrived and to bring car in. car was already booked in. next phone call was i really sure strut was leaking as they could not order parts just on my say so. next phone call just checking that the date for the repairs was alright and they would see me then. so it would seem that stupidity reins supreme at townsville mitsubishi steve
marashkar

Postby snowman on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:51 am

yep EVERY warranty repair i have had done, hmm let me think,

1. Turbo drain oil leak
2. Transfer case seal
3. Rear diff noisy and repalaced/repaired

They all had to go down to Mits for confirmation before then returning for the actual repair. i get the shits because it is 10klm away and an hour or more out of my work day. I reckon 500klm would pretty much see me commit a heinous crime.

oh the only one they would fix on my say so was the broken front wheel stud. Yep broke off in my hand when doing it up with wheel brace. :o
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:56 pm

DiD Power wrote:cessnock mitsubishi is always been good to me after all i bring all my oils n filters but they do a really good job greg n the boys

Thanks mate appreciate it... bit of a pain with you supplying the oils but its all good mate
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

2005 Toyota Prado gxl, Lifted, Bar, Lights, Tyres etc etc...

Triton still on the waiting list.....
chaser

Postby Lonso on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Berwick Mitsubishi service centre. Jeff, that runs it down there cant to enough for you. Looked after me now (at berwick and a previous Holden dealer in Dandenong) for nearly 10 years and i'm still going back. Two mates brought Mitsubishi's from Frankston and both of them are really happy with the service from them also.

Cheers, Lonso.
Lonso

Postby Johnathon123 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:32 pm

I have been at a few

Cullens in Taree have been and are still being really good to me with some tricky issues and Mitsubishi

Grant and Andrew run a good team and do a great job

Thanks guys
Johnathon123

Postby hendo on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Hmmm Townsville sounds shit anyone know what Cairns is like
hendo

Postby tokirky on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Interesting.....Just booked my 30 K service and asked 2 dealers about the upper manifold replacement.
Zupps (Qld) said upper only with error codes showing.Nothing else without codes...
Motorama Moorooka (Qld) said no worries we'll do it, as well as SCV, "they usually go together. "

And Motorama are cheaper ($20) guess where i am going on Monday..

Zupps had a good loyal customer but i guess Motorama has one now :D

Zupps also strongly recommend adjusting the tappets every 30K ($400), Motorama said audible first then if needed.
If its worth doin' its worth doin' right !
tokirky

Postby andyj on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:13 pm

hendo wrote:Hmmm Townsville sounds shit anyone know what Cairns is like

Had mine in Irelands at cairns no issues even fixed the bonnet without being pushed not bad for a NSW rego'd car in QLD
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby Banjora on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:06 am

Bought new from Knox Mitsubishi. After first 2 services now using Lilydale. Enough said!
Banjora

Postby Tritonasaurus on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:51 pm

I go to Eagers Mitsubishi in Newstead, Brisbane.

The service manager, Lee, knows Tritons very well. He is keen to help, offers good advice and delivers what he says he will. I was a Holden mechanic about 20 years ago so know a bit about cars and when someone is talking crap to me.

Yesterday, he got the latest ECU Hotfix for the 2.5HP 4sp auto sorted out for me. No more shudder at 80km/h and the engine seems more responsive. Very happy customer.

Regards
TS
Tritonasaurus

Postby chaser on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Lonso wrote:Berwick Mitsubishi service centre. Jeff, that runs it down there cant to enough for you. Looked after me now (at berwick and a previous Holden dealer in Dandenong) for nearly 10 years and i'm still going back. Two mates brought Mitsubishi's from Frankston and both of them are really happy with the service from them also.

Cheers, Lonso.

good friend of mine runs the spare parts department there lol
No longer a Mitsubishi technician, just a plain old boring mechanic with Mitsubishi training...

chaser

Postby Homer on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Well I just had my 60,000 service done on the V6. Very impressed with the service, pricing and support from Eagers Mitsubishi Newstead.....outstanding.

I wont go into specific details here, but let me just say it would be very difficult to get the same level of service I received today from a non Mitsubishi service centre.

Certainly the Triton, newtriton friendly Mits centre in Brisbane for anyone looking.

Worth driving across town for me...
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:21 pm

I am going to put Up Klosters Newcastle too as a very good place, one thing I note is that they have had the same staff since I first went there which can be a good thing, but even when my truck goes in with its out of norm mods it gets looked after and so do I.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby helicoptercow on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:29 pm

second that... they charge a penny more then some others but can't say i've ever had a bad service from them. :D

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby chaser on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:36 pm

ball up you guys and come for the trip to cessnock for good service, if your lucky greg might even make ya a cuppa...

chaser

Postby helicoptercow on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:41 pm

if you wanna do my service on a saturday i will... or give me free bash plates :D

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:48 am

Just had 2 servies completed on the triton.

The service between the 2 was like chalk and cheese.

I went in for a 60,000km service (pre trip inspection) at Zupps Capalaba, change oils etc- no care just a job.
I always like to check jobs before leaving- checked the airbox- as within the week I was driving accross the country towing a van, just to see if it needed replacing- well the airfilter was covered in bugs etc- hadn't been opened. I must have looked nasty as I didn't have to say anything and the box was cleaned.....

But it left a sour taste and the $$$ value dropped- don't mind paying for good service but when things like this happen you wonder what other shortcuts have occured.

When I returned from my trip (15,000kms in 5 weeks) I went to Eagers in Newstead.
Explained that I was just back from the trip, and a bit about cruise control and auto very occasionally dropping out (cut power to engine with no limp mode or lights).
return that afternoon to find the vehcile serviced, nicely priced $$$ wise and a new ECU for the auto ordered.

So 2 thumbs up for Eagers- going the extra mile in the service dept- could not be happier.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion