Best Mitsubishi service centres

Anything Triton related

Re: Best Mitsubishi service centres

Postby Cate03 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Disappointing that there is not 1 x recommendation for a 'Best" Sydney based mitsubishi service centre.

Am wondering if there was a 'Worst' service centre thread...whether that thread would get any more attention!! :lol:

Cheers
Carl
Cate03

Postby jop on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Just had my 75k service, manifold changed, new steering wheel and gearstick done at newstead.

All around great service and pricing.

Professional attitude to the warranty work - you can't ask for more than that.

Just received an email with an apology saying they had overcharged me and how would i like to be reimbursed.

Fantastic all round experience.
jop

Postby Longranger1 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:39 pm

jop wrote:Just received an email with an apology saying they had overcharged me and how would i like to be reimbursed.

Fantastic all round experience.

Buy a lottery ticket - Quick!

How often would that happen? Seriously, they sound like a decent dealership.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Kegsy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:01 am

Just got back from service at Paul Wakeling Mitsu in C'Town.

Reasonable service, no complaints.
Relatively fast, nice waiting room / cafe to kill some time in. The staff were friendly and willing to help.

They also told me the MN has a new ECU upgrade available but they couldn't flash it on at the time because the computer guy wasn't available today. Truck is re-booked in next weekend for a quick ECU upgrade. Good to hear this as it means they have checked for recalls etc which is often over looked.

Only one little thing, the engine oil was over filled slightly. Probably 1/2 litre, no big deal... FREE OIL :lol:

I'll be heading back there for the next service, see how they go again. Also my sister has a lancer which she gets serviced there with no problems reported from her either.
Triton be gone :cry:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby salt36 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Shepparton :D

Booked mine in for the 45,000 service this coming monday.

They are replacing Coolant, brake fluid, clutch fluid and replacing cap, diff oils, transfer and gearbox oils plus all the other usuall 45,000 service items, also looking into noisey bearing on V6 fan belt(probably a result of the wombat hole :oops: ) Reflash the ECU, Probably replace the gearshift knob as it is now smoooth :roll:

$450
:D
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby Blue on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 pm

salt36 wrote:Shepparton :D

Booked mine in for the 45,000 service this coming monday.

They are replacing Coolant, brake fluid, clutch fluid and replacing cap, diff oils, transfer and gearbox oils plus all the other usuall 45,000 service items, also looking into noisey bearing on V6 fan belt(probably a result of the wombat hole :oops: ) Reflash the ECU, Probably replace the gearshift knob as it is now smoooth :roll:

$450
:D

I've managed to rub my knob smooth too... :?
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby salt36 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now married mine ...........nah not going there..... :lol:

Serviced today, all good, all fluids replaced, didn't reflash as no codes, Bearing must have been the belt as went quiet by itself. Gearshift knob, I forgot to mention :roll:

Discovered that the bracket which holds three injectors for the LPG is very close to the Clutch master cyl and when the engine revs the movement of the engine was actually pushing the clutch master cyl cap off :shock:
Yep no warranty there, so I need to move the bracket somehow and buy :( another cap, no. four I think :roll:

Anyway all good and $445 for the service :D
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby Brett05 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Called into the dealers last Monday, because the air bag light was on for a few days. Called in on the off chance they could just reset it and away I go. They got me to drive it into the service bay(never had happen before). They asked me to pop the bonnet before I get out. As I popped the bonnet, the service guy said..."see you've got a blanking plate in....that's good". Then he called the workshop manager over, they were both in there looking at the catch can install and how I'd run the plumbing for it. On that particular day I didn't have the chip in, because I'd had it out for the air cleaner issue I had on the weekend. Anyways....I had to take it into to them on Friday and I put the chip back in and dropped it off to have the clock spring replaced. When I picked the truck up Friday afternoon, I called the workshop manager over and showed him the chip. He took my truck for a test drive to compare the difference between the un-chipped triton he owns, and mine. He was amazed at the difference and was going to look at getting one for himself, as well as the catch can. This is the guy that told me about the Swirl Control mod, which is still done. I told him it's still blocked off and he was happy to hear it was still going great.
I have told him about this site, so hopefully he will join up and contribute to this site as well
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
Link to Centre Bearing Mod viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6394
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby fraz91 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Cate03 wrote:Disappointing that there is not 1 x recommendation for a 'Best" Sydney based mitsubishi service centre.

Am wondering if there was a 'Worst' service centre thread...whether that thread would get any more attention!! :lol:

Cheers
Carl

i agree with this. the two service centres i've been to (suttons arncliffe and sydney city at zetland) have been shocking. at least zetland call me and ask if i want anything changed (brake pads/discs). suttons, on the other hand, charged me excess on the labour when i had my alternator done (long story short, it died). instead of just leaving the dead alt. out and waiting for my response, they put it back in, and then charged me for the time taken to put it in AND pull it out again in the first place. also have a friend who goes there to keep his warranty up on an astra, has come out multiple times with different things having gone wrong within hours of leaving the dealership (horn disconnected, front bumper missing screws, oil/oil filter not changed after a service).

i would really like to know of any decent service centres in sydney, even if i have to go to paramatta to get to them.

See the build up of my old Triton here.
fraz91

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Fraz get a big NewTriton sticker and then go back to sydney city - they seem to pay attention when they see the sticker IMHO. I won't be going back to suttons or Artarmon, bad experiences with both.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby fraz91 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:53 pm

have had my car back two weeks after the 30K service and it's already having problems again. first the EGR light came on, have fitted the catch-can and now it's all good. however (there's always a however) it's now leaking oil from the back of the rocker cover. far as i know that's not something i can stuff up... it's going back to mitsi tomorrow. also decided to check the oil while finding where the leak was: it's still as black as when i gave them the car. either they're using some fancy new "black" diesel oil, or they didn't change it at all. will be taking the receipt with me tomorrow when i take the car back to them to sort all this sh!t out to find out what they actually did to the car and whether or not they adjusted the tappets (again, like they charged me for).

fraz91

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:56 pm

I changed my own oil on the weekend. Was black by the time I'd turned the engine over to get it warm and checked the dipstick. So don't get too carried away with that one. Some mark their filters and many supply their own oil, both of which perhaps provide more certainty it gets done.

Cowboy Dave

Postby fraz91 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:10 pm

regardless, it shouldn't be leaking oil out of the rocker cover. and considering i paid $$$ for it (was supposed to get the intake/throttle body/exhaust cleaned out and the EGR light came on, something's not right...

fraz91

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:45 pm

yeah I totally agree on that part of it, sorry mate, don't take me as against you on that. Just saying that black oil seems to be par for the course.

Cowboy Dave

Postby fraz91 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:19 pm

car back from zetland. they seem to be treating me like someone who actually knows something now, not just another useless 4wd owner. replaced the failed oil-seal under warranty along with the other 9 they originally changed just to be safe. also checked what error code was causing the egr light to come up, they said it was a loss in boost pressure caused by a fault in the boost gauge. checked it out and, sure enough, the rubber o-ring that seals the boost gauge input has broken off. now to find some plumbers tape and fix it properly.

at least now they're treating me properly. had the service manager send me a message when it was done and even drove the car out to me and explained exactly what had been done to the car. finally starting to improve their performance.

fraz91

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Good to hear Fraz. They seem to have lifted their game a bit over there. My only drama is in getting a booking, always seems to be more than a week before they can fit me in - as a big fan of instant gratification that gets up my nose a bit. Also they're in the middle of nowhere in terms of transport but you can't have everything I suppose.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Homer on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote: as a big fan of instant gratification that gets up my nose a bit.

Jeez I'd hate to work in the cubicle next to you :shock:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Homer wrote:
Cowboy Dave wrote: as a big fan of instant gratification that gets up my nose a bit.

Jeez I'd hate to work in the cubicle next to you :shock:

:o :shock: :? :roll: :oops: :lol:

Cowboy Dave

Postby trouble on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:05 am

Cate03 wrote:Disappointing that there is not 1 x recommendation for a 'Best" Sydney based mitsubishi service centre.

Cheers
Carl

Ok not quite Sydney but Booths Mitsubishi on the Central Coast not too bad, competetive pricing, professional and they call regarding what needs to be done and they call when the car is ready and then make a follow up call the next day asking if I was happy with the service..................and believe me I tell what I think!!!
But all in all not bad Im happy and will return to them at this stage.
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby bill65 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:26 pm

allan mance in MELTON are f##k left out my two lower ball jont bolts... give the car back with oil runnig out off the front diff ....WILL NOT GO BACK THERE going to buy new nm will not be buying from allan mance :shock: :evil: :evil:
bill65
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Stevo8 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm with you Bill. I took mine there for a 60K service and some warranty work. When I picked it up and PAID for the service, got it home they hadn't serviced it. No oil change, no book stamped, nothing. :shock: :o I won't be back either. :evil: Not even for parts. :cry: :evil:

Now I go to Castlemaine Mitsubishi. (On recommendation)
Best service I have ever had. Period!!! :) ;) ;) :!: Bit of a drive but it's on the way to the rellies so I make a day of it.
They fixed stuff Melton simply refused to all under warranty, didn't have to pay for a valve adjustment!!! :D :D
Stevo8

Postby bill65 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 pm

mite have to go to Castlemaine Mitsubishi :) ;)
bill65
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dan.batto on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:57 pm

I found lilydale quite good. cheapest and didn't do unnecessary things!
dan.batto

Postby Joe on Wed May 11, 2011 7:22 am

Just had my 75k service done by Eagers Newstead. Great service with no fuss.

Asked Lee about replacement gear knob as mine was fraying. Sent in a couple of pictures and was replaced under warranty. Now I have a shiny new knob :mrgreen:

They also did a reflash/relearn without asking. Even got a loaner with only a couple of days notice. Great communication from Lee. Highly recommended.
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Sun May 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Joe wrote:Just had my 75k service done by Eagers Newstead. Great service with no fuss.

Asked Lee about replacement gear knob as mine was fraying. Sent in a couple of pictures and was replaced under warranty. Now I have a shiny new knob :mrgreen:

They also did a reflash/relearn without asking. Even got a loaner with only a couple of days notice. Great communication from Lee. Highly recommended.

i can also say ive had great service from these guys with my 60k service. gear box was a little clunky, get the car back and its got new gearbox oil and a sweet shift feel again all under warranty..happy days :D
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion