Best Mitsubishi service centres

Anything Triton related

Re: Best Mitsubishi service centres

Postby aussie53 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:00 pm

aussie53 wrote:Anyone know Mick the Service Manager at Motorama Mitsubishi Hillcrest (Browns Plains) last name? Need to get in contact and would be handy to know in advance.

No worries, I have it.
aussie53

Postby buffhunt on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Have to say I had my MN serviced in December at Goldfields Mitsubishi in Kalgoorlie. Car was returned clean and didn't miss a beat. Because it was previously part of Government Fleet, it wasn't entitled to Capped Price Servicing, but they adjusted it for me and got it down pretty close which on a 60k service was much appreciated.

Their follow up is bloody good too. Rang about then engine revs flaring after the Engine Overheat Recall, they got on to it, want to take it for a drive and make sure I am happy.
Cheers,
buffhunt

The worst bit about growing old is remembering your youth! :shock:
buffhunt
Platinum Subscriber

Postby _daz_ on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:45 am

Hey guys,

Just chasing a bit of clarification on what work should be/is covered under warranty.

My car is a 2012 GL-R (Diesel,Auto), had to take my car in for the coolant/radiator/overheating recall so figured I'd leave the car with them to do the 30,000km service, they asked if I'd them to perform a more thorough carbon clean of the manifold for an extra $200, which i thought for the sake of $200 it saves me having to waste my days off doing it myself so i agreed to it and also requested they do a wheel rotation & alignment check as I'd noticed some uneven wear on one corner, which brought the quote total to roughly $1200...having never serviced a vehicle under new car warranty before (without capped pricing) and owning Subarus previously this struck me as a little high but oh well, just get it done...

Next thing i receive a call from them the day before i'm due to collect the car to inform me there's a couple of issues been reported:
1. substantial build up in the throttle body (which would be a further $600 to rectify), as well as,
2. there being an excessive level of carbon detected in the power steering fluid (which would be another $400 to fix, $200 for fluid and $200 for use of the "special machine" & labor)...
my first question related to what had I agreed to an extra $200 charge to cover a more thorough carbon clean of the manifold for (which turned out meant they just ran an extra couple of cans of additive in the fuel) and second of all, how does carbon find it's way into the closed power steering fluid system, on top of which you're trying to charge me to fix the symptom and not rectifying the cause of said carbon finding it's way into the fluid....end of the day I told them to go stick their $600 throttle body/manifold clean as well as their extremely overpriced power steering fluid flush, i can do them myself. Now, after doing some reading on here i've concluded the cost of the service alone was severely inflated for what was actually "done", but should those sorts of findings & related repairs have been covered under warranty???

Needless to say next service will be done by my race car workshop mechanics at a fraction of the cost, and i will not be having anything to do with Genuine Mitsubishi Service Centres ever again, that was my first & last time dealing with them.

Apologies in advance for the novel btw!!
_daz_

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:53 am

On price have a look at the 30,000km service thread, that will give you an idea what others have been paying.

Carbon in your power steering? WTF? Strangest thing I've heard in a long time.

At 30,000 they should have had the manifold off to do the valve clearances anyway so for your extra $200 I would have expected the manifold was going to get a bath to clean the carbon off it.

$200 to put some sort of spray or fuel additive is a bit crap and $600 for the throttle body is highway robbery.

This probably isn't the right thread for these posts since clearly this story isn't about a 'best' service centre so we might move them somewhere else later on.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby _daz_ on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:08 am

haha i've somehow navigated off the 30,000km service thread i started on!!

Well, out of curiosity i pulled the duct off the throttle body/butterfly valve when i got home to see exactly what they were on about, they hadn't even wiped out the residue with a rag or anything, pretty poor tradesman they got working there, however, i'll be fitting a catch-can, cleaning the manifolds and flushing the intercooler in the near future as the amount of crud recirculating back into the intake was quite alarming. I didn't realise it was quite as bad as it is on common rail diesels, egr systems have been on cars for ages, I've never seen residue build up like that from them before!
_daz_

Postby Lee-thal on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:05 pm

you have been taken for a ride, well attempted to be taken on a ride.

That is a JOKE, what state was that in?
Lee-thal

Postby Jimboz on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Mitsubishi Motors Ballarat (Kings Motors) have been Brilliant to deal with after my overheating problems, New motor installed, loan veh's supplied, all round Great Service from The Service Dept Thanks Boys. See my detailed thread under Mitsubishi Lies, Jim
Jimboz

Postby jrs184 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:On price have a look at the 30,000km service thread, that will give you an idea what others have been paying.

Carbon in your power steering? WTF? Strangest thing I've heard in a long time.

At 30,000 they should have had the manifold off to do the valve clearances anyway so for your extra $200 I would have expected the manifold was going to get a bath to clean the carbon off it.

$200 to put some sort of spray or fuel additive is a bit crap and $600 for the throttle body is highway robbery.

This probably isn't the right thread for these posts since clearly this story isn't about a 'best' service centre so we might move them somewhere else later on.

No additive in the fuel will clean the inlet manifold as no fuel gets any where near the manifold to clean it, there is just air in the inlet manifold (and no egr or crankcase vapour if you have a catchcan and ET mod done, also do you have to remove the manifolds to adjust the tappets or valve clearances, I thought you just had to remove the rocker covers etc..????
jrs184

Postby _daz_ on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:50 am

Lee-thal wrote:you have been taken for a ride, well attempted to be taken on a ride.

That is a JOKE, what state was that in?

Hey mate,

I'm in Perth WA...they didn't realise I'm a fitter by trade! haha if there was a way for me to service it myself and keep the warranty I would, although after this recent experience it's kinda tempting to abandon the warranty and at least the car will have half a chance of seeing 100,000km's.
_daz_

Postby _daz_ on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:20 am

[quote="jrs184

No additive in the fuel will clean the inlet manifold as no fuel gets any where near the manifold to clean it, there is just air in the inlet manifold (and no egr or crankcase vapour if you have a catchcan and ET mod done, also do you have to remove the manifolds to adjust the tappets or valve clearances, I thought you just had to remove the rocker covers etc..????[/quote]

Hey mate,

You're absolutely correct, it seems what they consider a more thorough carbon clean of the manifold and what any other person considers more thorough carbon clean of the manifold are two drastically different things, if they had of said "We'd like to charge you an extra $200 for a pointless extra couple of $20 cans of fuel additive that we won't even put into your tank" I wouldn't have agreed to it in the first place. As for the tappet adjustment I have my doubts they even did it, it was even too difficult for them to rotate my spare tyre onto the car and put the worn one in as the spare, the turbo intake hose wasn't tightened up properly and nearly popped off...all in all the "service" provided has no doubt cost me more than i've benefitted, I've now got to take the car to another reputable workshop to basically redo that entire service or run the risk of things going wrong with the vehicle & then having to deal with Mitsubishi again to make sure they fix everything satisfactorily under warranty and so on...
_daz_

Postby AnOldFart on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Just had the 60Ks service done on my old girl by "Lee-thal" and his expert Mitsui Techs at Kedron and now I'm a little worried because the tappet rattles and the -usual- diesel knocks on start-up are just so much quieter than they both were beforehand that I have to now actually ---listen--- to realise that she's actually started.... ;) :D :lol:
What a pleasant change it makes, to have a Service team who actually -cares- about their work and the customer, and their vehicle. If these guys could 'bottle it and sell it' to a lot of other Stealer's Service centres around Australia they'd make themselves a fortune, and there would be a whole lot more, 'happy' Mitsui owners.... ;)
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:13 pm

I'd love to know how to make my engine run quieter.

Cowboy Dave

Postby jrs184 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:55 pm

_daz_ wrote:Hey guys,

Just chasing a bit of clarification on what work should be/is covered under warranty.

My car is a 2012 GL-R (Diesel,Auto), had to take my car in for the coolant/radiator/overheating recall so figured I'd leave the car with them to do the 30,000km service, they asked if I'd them to perform a more thorough carbon clean of the manifold for an extra $200, which i thought for the sake of $200 it saves me having to waste my days off doing it myself so i agreed to it and also requested they do a wheel rotation & alignment check as I'd noticed some uneven wear on one corner, which brought the quote total to roughly $1200...having never serviced a vehicle under new car warranty before (without capped pricing) and owning Subarus previously this struck me as a little high but oh well, just get it done...

Next thing i receive a call from them the day before i'm due to collect the car to inform me there's a couple of issues been reported:
1. substantial build up in the throttle body (which would be a further $600 to rectify), as well as,
2. there being an excessive level of carbon detected in the power steering fluid (which would be another $400 to fix, $200 for fluid and $200 for use of the "special machine" & labor)...
my first question related to what had I agreed to an extra $200 charge to cover a more thorough carbon clean of the manifold for (which turned out meant they just ran an extra couple of cans of additive in the fuel) and second of all, how does carbon find it's way into the closed power steering fluid system, on top of which you're trying to charge me to fix the symptom and not rectifying the cause of said carbon finding it's way into the fluid....end of the day I told them to go stick their $600 throttle body/manifold clean as well as their extremely overpriced power steering fluid flush, i can do them myself. Now, after doing some reading on here i've concluded the cost of the service alone was severely inflated for what was actually "done", but should those sorts of findings & related repairs have been covered under warranty???

Needless to say next service will be done by my race car workshop mechanics at a fraction of the cost, and i will not be having anything to do with Genuine Mitsubishi Service Centres ever again, that was my first & last time dealing with them.

Apologies in advance for the novel btw!!

There is no way for a fuel additive to get into the manifold to clean it, the engine is direct injection of fuel into the cylinders, if you have the ET mod done and a catch can then only air is passed thru the manifold...fuel additive will clean the fuel tank, lines, maybe some engine deposits, injectors only depending on the ingredients...
jrs184

Postby Bazzer87 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:51 am

Rang up Nundah Mitsu to book in for a warranty issue (airbag light staying on), the lady that answered the phone wasn't overly pleasant and said they aren't available till the 8th April.
Is that code for "we can't be bothered dealing with warranty issues" or does it normally just take that long?
I have never waited more than a couple days to book a car in for a service let alone over 3 weeks.
MY12 MN Triton
2" Ultimate lift, 285/75R16 Wrangler Duratracs, 1" Body lift, Factory Rear Diff Lock, ARB Canopy, ARB Alloy Roof Racks, Xrox Bullbar, Roo Systems Roof Top Tent, Dual batteries, Draw System
Bazzer87

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:04 am

They've been pretty busy since before Christmas by all accounts. Plenty of people tried to book before Christmas but couldn't. So either that's been their approach all along or they are genuinely busy.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Bazzer87 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 am

Fair enough, it's taken me a few months to finally ring up about it so I suppose waiting a few more weeks wont kill me
MY12 MN Triton
2" Ultimate lift, 285/75R16 Wrangler Duratracs, 1" Body lift, Factory Rear Diff Lock, ARB Canopy, ARB Alloy Roof Racks, Xrox Bullbar, Roo Systems Roof Top Tent, Dual batteries, Draw System
Bazzer87

Postby biggibbo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:00 pm

I used to find if I ring for a service they can usually fit me in under a week. Ring with a warranty problem 3-4 weeks. Money talks I suppose.
biggibbo

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 am

Call Brisbane City Mitsubishi (the EX Eagers one) they can do within a day or two.

I have sent a few cars there recently for Warranty Work,
Lee-thal

Postby jimmyboy on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Could'nt be fuxxed to read through 14 pages but my 2 cents.... BAM Garage Lytton Rd, Morningside Qld are very thorough and keep you in the loop very competitively priced as well.
jimmyboy

Postby har05l on Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Ross Granata Motors in Mudgee hands down would be the best dealer I've ever dealt with.
Professional, knowledgeable and good ol country no bullshit
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby OnlyFoolsHaveHorses on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:20 am

G'day guys,

Thanks for putting together this extremely useful forum. I have been lurking in the back for a few weeks (almost as long as it took me to read the whole carbon thread :lol: :lol: ) Would have liked my first post to be on more of an interesting subject, but I have to ask;

Has anyone had any dealings with Chadstone or Dandenong Mitzi recently, are they still any good?
I need to get the 120k service done and wanted to get manifolds cleaned/replaced (hoping for goodwill :? ) at same time and valve clearances checked etc. I'm only the second owner (bought it at around 110k) and tipping the carbon problem has never been addressed (limp mode/sluggish).

Any other VIC members have any recent experiences? Currently favouring taking it to Chaddy as its closest to me (Glen Waverley), and somebody keeps mentioning them....

Cheers,
GAV
OnlyFoolsHaveHorses

Postby natkins90 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:08 pm

I always take mine to Chaddy and Iv'e never had an issue with them. Service is good and they seem to go the extra mile when I've had some of the more niggly issues.
natkins90
Platinum Subscriber

Postby BigBlurter on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:36 am

I have a 2011 mn triton which is just about out of warranty 129,940ks, I have just had my turbo replaced under warranty (leaking) and had all injectors replaced with valve adjustment all under warranty as it was blowing slit of smoke with increased fuel consumption. The local dealership has bloody awesome throughout the whole thing , Infact I didn't even ask for the injectors they raised the claim themselves on my behalf because they wanted to sort the smoke issue out. Anyway injectors fitted now and valves adjusted and now not a sign of smoke at all and runs a shit load better..... But what has me scratching my head is now my fuel consumption has gone up!!!
13 l/100 ks! Sitting on 100kph. No new mods or tyres nothing has changed except for new injectors. Has anyone come across this before with new injectors? I would have thought better fuel consumption seeing the black smoke (unburnt fuel) is gone. I'm thinking this could maybe be the SCV.???
BigBlurter
BigBlurter

Best Mitsubishi service centres

Postby moses on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Don't bother with Heidelberg Mitsubishi. Big thumbs down from me

Thieves
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mayhem2015 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Is anyone using Melville mitsubishi in Perth? I am getting my car serviced for the first time since owning it and am booking it int here as it is my local. If someone has the name of a good bloke to speak to or any other handy info that would be great.
Keeping the shiny side up since 1984. :D
Mayhem2015

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion