Silly question, location of compliance plates

Anything Triton related

Silly question, location of compliance plates

Postby slimjim on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi all, can anyone answer this? I cant seem to find the position of the compliance plates on my new MN. There is one at the front of the engine bay in front of the battery but none on the firewall as per my mates ML. Just happeed to be comparing engine bays tonight on the MN-ML's and couldn't see them, was a bit dark & using a torch.. Is this something different with MN's or something more sinister?

Cheers Slim
slimjim

Re: Silly question, location of compliance plates

Postby salt36 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Not on the passenger door pillar like the ML Build code plate ?

Mine is just in front of the back door about three quarters the way down the pillar

Edit: or its a midnite spares special... :lol: :lol: :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby slimjim on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Cheers Craig,
Yep question solved on centre pillar as you said. Mates Ml had 2 on the firewall in engine bay.
slimjim

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 am

Most Mitsubishis have two factory/manufacturer plates. One is put on in Thailand and the other here. The information doesn't always agree - for example the paint codes on mine are GS on one and P19 on the other. P19 is correct. There is also an ADR compliance plate. On my ML the Thai plate is on the top radiator support LHS, the Australian plate on the firewall RHS and ADR plate firewall LHS. The most popular place for manufacturer plates at the moment is on the LH "B" pillar but they can be all over the place and move even from year to year. Some manufacturers, like Kia, don't have them at all on some models. Your handbook will tell you where yours are. We often play the "find the plate" game at work when looking for paint codes.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to General Discussion