120,000Km Dealer Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

120,000Km Dealer Service

Postby trickydevil on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:23 am

Time to book in to the local stealer for the 120K service. What additional things should i get them to check?

I have asked them to look at the manifold for the carbon build up problem. Told them it's a little down on power and using more fuel.

What else?

Cheers
Tricky :twisted:
trickydevil

120,000Km Dealer Service

Postby fridgie on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:05 am

Get em to check the cv's for signs of failure/fracture ;) :lol:

Geez mate, 120k........I'm only halfway there :?

Guessing all the big items are part of this? I'd be checking hoses/wiring haven't started to perish, bushes are still ok, engine/gbox mounts..... All the little crap that keeps it together and stops vibrations tearing it apart.
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Re: 120,000Km Dealer Service

Postby Sloth on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:51 am

Tricky when you're done can you pm me the price they stung you as i'm at 117kms and wouldnt mind a heads up as to what my stealership should be charging.
He who dies with the most toys wins!
Sloth

Postby trickydevil on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:26 am

No dramas, let you know the final out come. They said about $800 over the phone. Thanks for the CV comment Fridgie......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
trickydevil

Postby trickydevil on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:36 am

Just had a call from the dealers service department, as they have to adjust the tappets/valves something along that way they had to take the manifold off. Who would have guessed, FULL of carbon and needs to be replaced under warranty with the modified one. Wanted to keep it over the weekend to fit the new part on monday.....Had to tell the sorry but i need the ute this weekend and have to head to ballina on monday for work....... they have to put everything back together then take it all apart again when the ute goes back in next week...... :cry: :cry: i might call them back and see if they want to lend me the new demo model for a few days...... :twisted:
trickydevil

Postby trickydevil on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 am

Called yesterday to book it back in, Parts from SA and won't be in till late this week. After driving around in the lovely coffs weather on saturday, stopped at Emerald Beach to air up before the hwy run back towards fridays creek, to my suprise the fuse box lid was sitting upside down ontop of fuse assembly. Lucky there were no deep water crossings this treck, that could've been nasty....
trickydevil

Postby Homer on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:23 am

Jeez that was lucky mate with the rain we had...

How's your dealers form wanting to keep the car for the weekend to fix it when the parts aren't even in the state until late this week :roll:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby kwyjibo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am

Mines about 10k away from this one... might actually take it to mitsu this time :) i've heard numerous good testimonies about a certain dealer too :P
kwyjibo

Postby trickydevil on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:20 pm

They some times fix things i didn't know that they needed fixing. I think they may have had issues while servicing it and broke it and told me it was faulty... hahaha

Have yu dried out after the weekend? Bloody sunny as today...go figure :D
trickydevil

Postby trickydevil on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:35 am

Ute's back in at the dealer today, see how they go...... Told them about the fuse box lid sitting upside down, the service guy fobbed it off ( not the bloke i usually deal with, this guy likes his donuts to much). I'll let the know again when i pick it up. :lol:
trickydevil

Postby trickydevil on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:55 pm

New bit of info, All mainfold issues have to be noted and sent to MMA to get a auth. No. before dealers can order parts and fix - if they want to be paid by MMA. They held up the work on my ute today for 4hours because of this MMA email to dealers......means ute not fixed today, will be in there for tomorrow aswell. It least the mechanice wont have a hot engine to deal with. :roll:
trickydevil

Postby reeldreamer on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Oh well worth the wait so long as they do it under warranty!
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

120,000Km Dealer Service

Postby fridgie on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

I heard when my manifold was done that mitsy had engineers/technicians out here ATM looking at the effected vehicles to try and resolve why it only seems to be happening here. Maybe this is all part of it??

Can only be a good thing I guess, at least they are starting to take it seriously be it a few years too late :?
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby trickydevil on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:38 pm

All fixed and back together. Hit me up for $775. Usual service cost and also adjusting the tappets etc. They had told me prior it was going to be about the $750 mark.

Seems to go abit better than before, but i have been driving the wifes paj for the last coupla days so anything feels faster than that. I doesn't seen to surge just after start up any more, but time will tell. Seems to have a bit of turbo lag, not sure what boost it's running now, not sure if the new manifold did away with the boost increase i gave it from the forum. See how it goes when i head down the highway to nambucca tomorrow.

Tricky :twisted:
trickydevil

Postby trickydevil on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Looked under the hood, they haven't touched the waste gate mod. It seems to be resopnsive in first and second, but a bit more turbo lag than previously. Gave it a crack in 4th doing 100km/h , was knocked back from 5th, it used to pull like hell but sluggish from 3000 to 3400 normally it goes harder and with a bit of soot out the back.......

Not sure what's doing, will give it a crack in the morning again and see...... not sure why but i hope it doesn't stay like that or i might have to get the old one off them and put it back on.
They said they reprogramed the computer for the new manifold for not sure why, mabye to do with intake temps, i don't know. I want my power back......
trickydevil

Postby trickydevil on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey,

just a quick update. It still doesn't drive like it used to. Doesn't seem to have the balls especially when you drop it at 100km/h into 4th and boot it, atm feels like the handbrake is on. Towed my trailer today, the ute felt slower than when it was fully loaded going fraser......

Looks like back to dealer and take head mechanic out with his laptop and try and get the fuel re mapped. It just seems like its needs more........and even driving it easy for tank, my feul consumption is worse than before, turbo lag is pissing me off.... i could have put up with the surging on start.....
trickydevil

120,000Km Dealer Service

Postby fridgie on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Heya mate,

Gotta be honest, mine is doing the same :evil:

Don't really drive it much but have recently been driving a fair bit. First doesn't have the oomph it used to, second seems to be lacking a little but 3 through 5 just aren't anywhere close to how it was. I used to put the foot down at 100 in 5th and it would just pull away. Now there is a noticeable delay then slow increase in speed :(

Gotta get mine back to the tuners ;)

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby andyj on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:42 pm

ot past the 120000 service mines due the 180000 in just over 10000k's thats a $1000 service same as the 90000 was but every fluid was changed tappets done bonnet fixed and a leaking diff seal :( :(
Will have to get it done before the meet in july
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby trickydevil on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:42 pm

The saga continues, after hooking up my trailer (empty) a coupla days ago it felt like i was driving with the handbrake full on. Wasn't happy Jan. Seeing that i towed it chock a block full of shit when i took it to fraser with the old manifold on and it still hauled arse. Went back to the dealer yesterday had the head mechanic have a look at it, said is was a egr suction valve ( haven't searched it up yet on the forum ) ordered it, went back to them today. Supposidly problem fixed. Have only done 5km's since. It still doesn't push me back in the seat like i remember it, might be a quick trip down to the Dyno in Kempsey for a $80 blast to check the figures. Not quite sure if mitsu is on the money.
trickydevil

120,000Km Dealer Service

Postby junior-gc on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 pm

When you guys talk about a reflash and getting the fuel adjusted is this at the dealers?
Junior

GL-R MN 2010

[Previous - 1991Triton Single Cab, 1995 Triton Luxury Dual Cab, 1999 Challenger PA, 2009 Outlander]
junior-gc

Postby trickydevil on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:40 am

Yeah. I did the waste gate arm adjustment mod about 1000km's before it was going in the dealer for a service. Noticable difference when it came back.

The the uterus out for a spin last night to give it a bit, bit more responsive, will see how it goes over the next week. BTW when i had a look under the bonet noticed mud splashes up on my engine cover, funny thing was i only cleaned it off 2 weeks ago and i haven't gone through any puddles......also noticed water splash over my roof, i picked it up before they had a chance to wash it, where did they take it, or THRASH it? Surely the don't need to take it offroad to test it........
trickydevil

Postby trickydevil on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:52 am

Uterus is all good now. Gave the suction valve a bit of a push in and out yesterday arvo, took it out thismorn to get a load of pegs for work, even loaded it was pulling harder than a pubescent teenager...... Totally impressed. Now time to get that uni filter...... watch out.....

Click to view larger picture

tricky :twisted:
trickydevil

Postby Homer on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:07 am

Jaysus is that the drug money?

Will be wheeling close to you at Easter ;)

So it was your SCV? Sounds like adding 2T to the tank is a good bit of advice to stop it sticking in future?

Funny how an oil (diesel) can be considered dry...
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby trickydevil on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:37 am

Whats 2T? Please explain .....
trickydevil

120,000Km Dealer Service

Postby daryn on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:48 am

trickydevil wrote:Whats 2T? Please explain .....

Two stroke oil.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Next

Return to Servicing