Vehicle Insurance : Who, What & How Much

Anything Triton related

Re: Insurance

Postby tookie on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:38 pm

wa drivers go western qbe , 850$ year for our new triton and when we had our mishap in the water , they came to the party no problems and repaired the trion quick aswell, 12,000 dollars worth of damage, they helped us out big time , and are good to deal with on the phone.
cheers tookie wa :roll:
tookie

Postby Eelesy on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:48 pm

yeah thanks tookie but u didnt answer the question
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby tookie on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:55 pm

eelesy how ru mate?? im on standby to be a daddy again :D now to your question , if it was me id pay more a year build up a clams free with them so each time you have to renew the policy hopefully you get discount , and you get better payout if you do have a misharp. cheers tookie :roll:
tookie

Postby IML07 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:54 am

In Aug 2007 when i got my new ML GLX-R, i was fully insired with AAMI, $600p/a up in Cairns.
In May '08 i moved to Sydney, changed to NRMA $1600. Sep '09 changed to QIO for $1490 because NRMA wanted $2098. They lady said that parts for the Triton are expensive and hard to come across these days. I had also moved 6kms closer towards the city, so there must be more thefts/damage.
However I am always wanting to find cheaper insurance cost (not less coverage). I am looking forward to moving back to Cairns in Oct'10 for that sub $1000 insurance!!!
Regards,

James (IML07)
IML07

Postby sierra on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:57 am

Using the AAMI online quote site early last month for fully comp and including free glass I was quoted $295 from memory.
It was certainly under $300.
The excess was less than the current insurer[over $500] and agreed value the same[purchase price on road $21,000]
:| :)
sierra

Postby Homer on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:31 am

^^ Yeah can't give away the 2.5's let alone have one stolen ;) ;) :P :P :P
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby sierra on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:47 am

Homer wrote:^^ Yeah can't give away the 2.5's let alone have one stolen ;) ;) :P :P :P

:D
They apologised for the premium over the other Tritons but explained the cab chassis 2.5 are often stolen for getaway vehicles.
;) :lol:
Not in my area of course!
;)
sierra

cheap insurance

Postby sharmac on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi guys,
i know theres been plenty of talk on insurance on here but just wanted to let you all know i insured mine today for $505(actually $477 but i added windscreen cover) with bullbar,towbar and ARB canopy listed with AAMI today.
SOME quotes (nrma and suncorp) were nearing $1100 , most were around the $800.

I nearly signed up with youi, as they were the same price, they have a great glass policy BUT they have a non listed driver excess of $2000 regardless of age. They state though you can go online and list a driver 24/7 but if im sick or at the pub, or sick as a result of being at the pub and want a mate to drive me home or whatever, the last thing on my mind will be to "$#@% gotta get online and list a driver" , it was too much hassle for me. So i went with the standard windscreen thingy with AAMI and the normal excess situation regardless of whos driving.

Im 31 yo male, no traffic history of any kind. living in western burbs of brisbane and the vehicle under finance. so not a bad price i thought, so thought i would share incase alot of u are paying alot more.
sharmac

Re: cheap insurance

Postby ag9111 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:58 pm

Just be careful that your vehicle is covered in all the places that you drive your vehicle. Most cheap policies only cover vehicles on Gazetted roads like fire trails etc. If you drive on a trail that isnt a recognized road, and god forbid, that something goes wrong, you may not be covered.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sharmac on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Yeah, i did ask that very specific question.
the only time its not covered is during a race or if your using it to axctually make tracks. but the likes of fraser and double island/beach driving and national parks is all ok.
i only go to fraser once a year and the odd trip to straddie so im not going to lose sleep over that at all. she advised thats perfectly fine. so all good there.......well, for me anyway.
sharmac

Postby keith and coral on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:06 am

I've insured both my cars with RACQ, they are considerably cheaper then suncopr who I was with.
The trition was around $580.
RACQ covers the car for everywhere, road, beach, 4wd tracks/parks.
keith and coral

Postby mikblyth on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:09 pm

If you own a small business try Westfarmers, I saved 50% of my insurance over RACV and I also had a claim where a ute of mine caught fire and was paid out in 2 weeks.
mikblyth

Postby tryhard on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:01 pm

I just went with RACQ at the $520 mark I think (rating 1 under finance and some member discount) - I wanted a quote from http://www.dgainsurance.com.au/ because they insured our import Delica (RACQ wouldn't) at $600 per year including windscreen and cover anywhere off road - they have a good reputation too, but they were shut for the Melbourne Cup when I collected the car :( (and had forgotten to get cover pre-arranged...)
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Postby snowman on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:56 am

mikblyth wrote:If you own a small business try Westfarmers, I saved 50% of my insurance over RACV and I also had a claim where a ute of mine caught fire and was paid out in 2 weeks.

my wifes V8 Calais used to be insured by Westfarmers via a broker some years ago. it was stolen and recovered except the pricks had done burnouts until the rear tyres blew. westfarmers made us put 2nd hand tyres back on that matched the fronts as they said they we not new before the theft. in the end i got new ones and had to pay the difference.

apart from this premium (only the one year i can tell you) i have only ever been insured by NRMA and they would never make you do that over what is really only about $200.

furthermore my brother just had his car broken into and his good stereo, amp, screen etc all flogged. it had been devalued to about $500 (from an original $2000). however, NRMA replaced the whole lot with new gear. Funnily enough the guy was caught on CCTV (seven hills train station carpark) and they caught him as all the gear was fitted in his car :o :lol: :lol: , so my brother even got his excess back. The only way the cops would review the footage is because his monitored car alarm gave them the exact time - shame the monitoring company did nothing, but that is another story.

NRMA have put up all their premiums almost 10% over the last year (they admit it, read their AIG company report to shareholders) i am looking at someone else myself, but how you guys get it for $500 or so blows me away. With only 1 incident (hail) and both drivers (good records) over 40 i am paying almost $1900 for my ML. Bloody Sydney i think, we all drive like we stole em and the rest of em are. :o
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby nifty67 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Snowman,
Iam in same boat as you over 40 no claim in the last 15 years but still paying $1780 with GIO.
It must be Sydney or should I say Campbelltown.
The Triton cost $400 a year more than the terrican I traded in.
Not very happy but dont if it worth changing companys
nifty67

Postby andyj on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:44 pm

I paid just over $850 with CGU may have been cheaper because it was a fleet policy with the truck being salary sacrificed
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 pm

jezz all this talk about paying high insurance is making me feel good im 19yo and pay $1700 :lol: salt in the wound for some :)
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

Postby Triton09 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Im with aami in victoria rating 1 never a claim and couldn't get it les than $850.00
Gabriel
Triton09

Postby Triton09 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:15 pm

sharmac wrote:Hi guys,
i know theres been plenty of talk on insurance on here but just wanted to let you all know i insured mine today for $505(actually $477 but i added windscreen cover) with bullbar,towbar and ARB canopy listed with AAMI today.
SOME quotes (nrma and suncorp) were nearing $1100 , most were around the $800.

I nearly signed up with youi, as they were the same price, they have a great glass policy BUT they have a non listed driver excess of $2000 regardless of age. They state though you can go online and list a driver 24/7 but if im sick or at the pub, or sick as a result of being at the pub and want a mate to drive me home or whatever, the last thing on my mind will be to "$#@% gotta get online and list a driver" , it was too much hassle for me. So i went with the standard windscreen thingy with AAMI and the normal excess situation regardless of whos driving.

Im 31 yo male, no traffic history of any kind. living in western burbs of brisbane and the vehicle under finance. so not a bad price i thought, so thought i would share incase alot of u are paying alot more.

As a matter of interest I jut went online and got a quote for a glxr with bullbart tinted windows nothing else and it went to $825.00
Triton09

Postby boycee on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Just recieved a invitation to renew my insurance with QBE, which I have found really good and were on the cheap side when I signed up. now they are asking for $1343 to renew. :o

Spent the morning researching different products and price etc. and found Budget direct to be the cheapest and a fairly good package to boot. $788 and that has all my mods put on and covered. 8-) It always pays to look around when it comes to insurance i say. just because you have been with a company for a while doesn't mean they are still looking after you price wise. :x

Same story with my private health. Just signed up for a better package for $30/month cheaper. :roll:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 pm

What covereage do you get with roads etc. Does it cover off-road or just gazetted roads?
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby boycee on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Told them it was a 4x4 and used on dirt roads and in the way the vehicle was intended and they said that was all covered. I get the pda in the next day or so and will have a good read through it and see how we go. ;)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby maxtriton on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:30 pm

if your part of a 4WD club check this out for an insurance option: http://www.tcis.com.au/html/fourwheel_index.htm
maxtriton

Postby Blue on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:36 pm

maxtriton wrote:if your part of a 4WD club check this out for an insurance option: http://www.tcis.com.au/html/fourwheel_index.htm

heaps of people rave about tcis - they were $300 dearer than RACV for the MK last year
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby maxtriton on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:07 pm

I couldn't find another insurer that would cover for water crossings and beach driving and at the time was only about $100 dearer that RACV.
maxtriton

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion