Vehicle Insurance : Who, What & How Much

Anything Triton related

Re: Vehicle Insurance : Who, What & How Much

Postby Duck on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:36 am

har05l wrote:Has anybody had experience with Bubget Direct?

I'm up for renewal and my current policy with AAMI is over $1200 in comparison to BD @ $642 :o

I've only had to claim once in the 6 years I've had the triton and had no issues at all. You hear stories about the smaller market entries so I'm wary.

I am making a claim with Budget at present, absolutley shocking I will be changing insurers once its finalised, they lowball the price and it has taken 1 month and its still not finished.
No to Budget Direct
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Maxiy on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Recently got my renewal notice from shannons.

They have reduced my agreed value down from 30k to 25k, but my premium stayed the same.

I gave them a call to check the reasons for the changes, they said that it was standard vehicle depreciation, so i asked them why my premium stayed the same. Their response was that it had stayed the same because of insurance rate increases :roll:

So i went on the hunt for quotes.
I ended up with NRMA, as i have my CTP with them, and they came out the cheapest by far

I get an agreed value of 30k (like i originally had with shannons)
Excess $650 (Same as shannons)
Windscreen protection
Anyone who drives my car is covered
No claim bonus protection
They cover all my accessories (bullbar, winch, roofrack, awning, etc)
And i specifically asked if they would cover my car if i was 4 wheel driving on private property. They said as long as i'm not doing something illegal it is covered.

I was quoted $974.56, over $400 cheaper than shannons, and they gave me a $70 discount on my CTP. :D

so good bye to shannons.
Maxiy

Postby paulmp on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Just made a claim with Club 4x4... they have been awesome. I have:

2009 MN Triton GLX-R (MY10)
Canopy, Nudge Bar, LED Spotties, UHF, Rhino Racks, Awning, Tow bar and a few other extras. Insured for $30K, I pay $70 a month with a $650 excess. Very happy with them. Nobody else would insure it for $30K due to the age of the vehicle. It had only done 44,000kms when I bought it though.

Highly recommend Club 4x4.
paulmp

Postby Maxiy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 am

paulmp wrote:Just made a claim with Club 4x4... they have been awesome. I have:

2009 MN Triton GLX-R (MY10)
Canopy, Nudge Bar, LED Spotties, UHF, Rhino Racks, Awning, Tow bar and a few other extras. Insured for $30K, I pay $70 a month with a $650 excess. Very happy with them. Nobody else would insure it for $30K due to the age of the vehicle. It had only done 44,000kms when I bought it though.

Highly recommend Club 4x4.

Will be checking them out next year when my agreed value inevitably goes down again
Maxiy

Postby beej75 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:31 pm

paulmp wrote:Highly recommend Club 4x4.

Had an interesting ... conversation, with them on the comments section of one of their articles.

They were highlighting the fact that all insurers - including them - will raise your premium if you use them for a not-at-fault accident. I.e. if someone crashes into you, and you use their services to organise repair, the cost of which they'll chase from the 3rd party or their insurer, then you'll pay an excess (to cover their administrative costs ... which I kinda thought the premium would cover, but oh well), and then your premium will go up the following, and that increase will remain.

The article flat-out said you should consider chasing the money out of the 3rd party yourselves in a not-at-fault incident for this reason, but essentially they were also saying "we're good, because we're upfront and honest about telling you this and why/how we charge what we charge."

Yeah ... that's great, but it doesn't make the logic that someone who got crashed into is at greater risk of getting crashed into again, any less flawed.

Generally, I think of insurance companies as greedy sea-hunts for reasons like this.
beej75

Previous

Return to General Discussion