What did you do to your Triton today?

Anything Triton related

Postby dan.batto on Fri May 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Well here it is.... Hopefully the answer to busting inner guards.
Click to view larger picture

So from what I could tell was that the plastic inner guard just hung there before allowing water in a crossing to push the guard back into the wheel, with this stopping any water getting behind the plastic guard, I'm hoping these won't tear! If they do then I'm installing flat plate an getting rid of the bullbat wings!!
I'll try get some better pics at daytime!
dan.batto

Postby mattz on Fri May 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Looks good Dan.....I think these will keep the plastic guard in place. ;) it's a bit hard to tell but is the inner guard attached to it ?
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Re: What did you do to your Triton today?

Postby GrahamB on Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 pm

GrahamB

Postby dan.batto on Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 pm

mattz wrote:Looks good Dan.....I think these will keep the plastic guard in place. ;) it's a bit hard to tell but is the inner guard attached to it ?

yeah mate, the bolt on the left passes through both, also put a screw in the bottom right corner, I'll try grab some daylight photos.
dan.batto

Postby godzilla_rising on Sat May 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Didnt do much to my car today, except relined my tonneau cover with that foam stuff to "seal" it. What had happened was Calvin (my dog) had chewed a lot of it out when he was a puppy and I had the cover off one day.

So I went around and redid it all. However, my tonneau cover seams to curve more than the bits at the side of the tray, near the sports bar (you know what I mean) so I might need to get some more of the foam to get it to actually "seal" instead of just having a massive gap (is this normal?).

The other positive from all this is that it is now no longer hard plastic rubbing on metal, no weird squeaking from the tray, and other obvious benefits.

Tomorrow I think I might have a look at my sports bar and those attached side bits, because I dont think they are on properly, and I even think that one of the mounts has snapped...I dont know, I will figure something out!
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby fridgie on Sun May 20, 2012 1:52 am

I need a dollar, a dollar, a dollar is what I need :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Shauno on Sun May 20, 2012 5:42 am

Took off the 4 HID night stalkers i had and just mounted 2 and rewired all the cables/heatshrinked/connectors/conduit looks a million times better.
Shauno

Postby peterdeg on Sun May 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Quick 'n' nasty headlight upgrade. Bought some of the new Narva +120s. Let's see how they go.
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS Pajero DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.
peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun May 20, 2012 2:33 pm

I have the plus 100s and found them quite good. I stuck with them as they said they were ADR approved so I figured they'd be legal as compared to HID upgrades for example.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Chill on Sun May 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Went up a tune on the chipit chip. But lazy to try it :twisted: :lol:
Chill

Postby peterdeg on Sun May 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:I have the plus 100s and found them quite good. I stuck with them as they said they were ADR approved so I figured they'd be legal as compared to HID upgrades for example.

Went to put them in and hit problem #1. On the driver's side, there's only half a centimeter gap between the bulb mount and the air pipe from the snorkel! :shock:
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS Pajero DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.
peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun May 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah I ended up removing the whole headlight housing rather than stuff around with the airbox. Having done that if I had to do it again I'd look more closely at moving the airbox :oops: :oops:

There's a thread with instructions to remove the headlight somewhere by Diablo. You have to remove the front of the splashguard above the driver's side wheel to access the back of the light and remove some of its fixings. Makes a simple job into a PITA though. I found it particularly difficult getting the little parker globe out because it's right up in the corner. Managed it in the end though. 5 minute job that took me hours in the end. :oops:

Cowboy Dave

Postby Chill on Sun May 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Yeah I ended up removing the whole headlight housing rather than stuff around with the airbox. Having done that if I had to do it again I'd look more closely at moving the airbox :oops: :oops:

There's a thread with instructions to remove the headlight somewhere by Diablo. You have to remove the front of the splashguard above the driver's side wheel to access the back of the light and remove some of its fixings. Makes a simple job into a PITA though. I found it particularly difficult getting the little parker globe out because it's right up in the corner. Managed it in the end though. 5 minute job that took me hours in the end. :oops:

had the same problem but kids can get there hands in anywhere we can't. :twisted:
Chill

Postby Tim007 on Sun May 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Fitted my Britax HID upgrade to my spotties. Sat back proud as punch until one went out. Turned them off and back on again and both worked, reached for my beer to congratulate my self and the bastard went out again. Now it won't turn on at all. Turns out my victory beer was a meant to drown my sorrows at the sight of one working HID. The mrs came out with another cold one as both my mate and I sat their debating what it could be. End result was to drop it off a TJM tomorrow and let them fix it. That was 4 stubbies later. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keen to get amongst it!!
Tim007

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun May 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Parked it in the rain in the hope of a bit of a wash. Didn't work very well. :(

Gave it a quick going over with the karcher high pressure gun to get some of yesterday's dirt and bugs off.

Took the esky out and found it was still half full of ice. Not bad for about 36 hours I thought.

Stuck the mount for my HTC phone back onto the dash pad - it vibrated loose yesterday on the dirt tracks.

Looked at what I thought was a scratch on my passenger side slider from the Coff's trip recently. When I found a piece of metal hanging off the end of it I realised it's actually a nice long gouge into the metal rather than a scratch in the paint :oops: :oops: Oh well, perhaps about 10 layers of touch up paint will fill it in enough...

Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Sun May 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:
Looked at what I thought was a scratch on my passenger side slider from the Coff's trip recently. When I found a piece of metal hanging off the end of it I realised it's actually a nice long gouge into the metal rather than a scratch in the paint :oops: :oops: Oh well, perhaps about 10 layers of touch up paint will fill it in enough...

i bush washed mine this arvo, first time since coffs and i have some serious scratches. Especially on the roof!!! :evil:

if i ever go back there again (i will :D :lol: :roll: ) i will paint that scratch stuff on the roof as well.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Sun May 20, 2012 9:13 pm

You used the autoskin scratch stuff then snowman? What did you think, as successful as i found it 8-)

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dan.batto on Sun May 20, 2012 9:51 pm

helicoptercow wrote:You used the autoskin scratch stuff then snowman? What did you think, as successful as i found it 8-)

Where'd ya buy this from? Not that I really need it now :roll: :lol: :lol:
Just curious though.
dan.batto

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 pm

No we found something called road warrior plus - they have an Australian site and post it pretty quick too. Same sort of stuff. Snowie didn't put his on but I did. Very impressed.

Cowboy Dave

Postby mattz on Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 am

Today.....Dropped Bella off to mitsubishi......for a new clutch.
I'm just waiting to get picked up.
Yesterday.....I pulled out the centre console and re earthed the blue tooth......hopefully that stops it disconnecting.
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby godzilla_rising on Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 am

mattz wrote:Yesterday.....I pulled out the centre console and re earthed the blue tooth......hopefully that stops it disconnecting.

Hmmm, I wonder if that is the same problem that I am having? The light for the two buttons near your right knee keeps flickering and what not. I also just found out my iphone can discover it, not sure if it will actually connect yet but I may just have to look into that earth. Where abouts was the actual earth for it Mattz?

Other than that I get to put my rocksliders on today! ;)
Godzilla Rising

"Kate's Dirty Sister" click here
2007 3.2 DiD GLX-R

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
godzilla_rising

Postby wake jake on Mon May 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Arrived today
Last edited by wake jake on Mon May 21, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 MY09 GLXR
Monster Rides
wake jake

Postby Barney2803 on Mon May 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Swapped the dual battery from my old truck (160AH) into the Triton to replace its tiny useless one.
Mounted my new 240XGT HID Lightforces on the front and moved the RooLite HID's to the top of the bull bar.
Installed the new AE4705 GME UHF aerial
Modified the dual battery mounts to take the bigger battery
Sold the old MTZ's and put on the new Ironman A/T's

Then stood back and looked at it and said...WOW that' :lol: s an AWESOME TRUCK...someone find me some MUD!!
Barney2803

Postby mattz on Mon May 21, 2012 4:08 pm

godzilla_rising wrote:
mattz wrote:Yesterday.....I pulled out the centre console and re earthed the blue tooth......hopefully that stops it disconnecting.

Hmmm, I wonder if that is the same problem that I am having? The light for the two buttons near your right knee keeps flickering and what not. I also just found out my iphone can discover it, not sure if it will actually connect yet but I may just have to look into that earth. Where abouts was the actual earth for it Mattz?

Other than that I get to put my rocksliders on today! ;)

The blue tooth unit is mounted on the tunnel just under the ash tray and the earth is under one of the mounting screws.
I've had one of the button lights out for a while and noticed recently the other wasn't working. I doubt it has anything to do with the earth wire......but maybe I will get lucky. ;)
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby sey68 on Mon May 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Picked up my truck this arvo after getting long range tank fitted, pulled the rear two piece drive shaft out. Dropping it in for a conversion to single piece shaft. Should be refitting tomorrow night.
sey68

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion