vms car computer

vms car computer

Postby GLX-RSilver on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:50 am

Anyone know the best price for a vms onboard computer? as arb thamastown wants $2650 for one? plus $80 for factory plug
GLX-RSilver

vms car computer

Postby 4wd26 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:13 pm

Yep, thats about the price. And it apears pretty fixed accross the whole of the distributers.

About the only thing you can try is to include a camera into the price as well as fitting. The price of the unit I don't believe will change- just how much the entire deal will cost.

I had a chat to the VMS guys at the Brisbane camping show (and finally seen a working unit) It will do the job I want- there are cheeper options but none that leave the cabin as tidy.

Oh and as you loose the factory trip computer I also factored in the cost of a "scanguage" (approx $220 delivered)
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

vms car computer

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:17 am

Yeah i have already a scan gauge cost $190 from online. I'll have to start saving for a vms it's a pity the polaris unit doesn't have topo maps.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

vms car computer

Postby Henk Bos on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am

If you are not set on the VMS you can build one quite easily yourself for a lot less! Have a look at mp3car.com for starters.
Henk Bos

vms car computer

Postby FreestyleCab on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:54 am

[quote]Oh and as you loose the factory trip computer I also factored in the cost of a "scanguage" (approx $220 delivered)[/quote]

4wd26, as glx-rsilver said, you can get the Scangauge [url=http://www.scangauge.com.au]here[/url] for $190 delivered.
Brett
FreestyleCab

vms car computer

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:20 am

Free, I got my scan guage from the amle outdoors ebay store just last week forget what I paid, seems like there getting cheeper though!

Just a thought, would you please put up a tech article on all the functions you have found (along with the code sequence) for the Triton. Sort of like the additional info sheet (kilowatts) included in the ample outdoors box.

No point everyone inventing the wheel re: scanguage and triton

Now back to the VMS discussion, shame there is nothing else on the market that is plug and play.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

vms car computer

Postby Stu on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:13 am

just got a double din tv dvd bluetooth mp3 gps ipod control with 2 sd slots and runs widows ce so it will run oz explorer, $500 off my favorite place for bargains & sometimes crap ebay
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

vms car computer

Postby GLX-RSilver on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:43 am

Hey there Tritonstu have you got any pics you can post so i can see what it looks like? It sounds like a much cheaper option.
Cheers
GLX-RSilver

Return to Electrical