Joying UL135N2 Head Unit in MN GLX - Anyone done this yet?

Joying UL135N2 Head Unit in MN GLX - Anyone done this yet?

Postby roaming_ on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Considering getting one of the Joying Android Double Din Head Units like:

https://www.amazon.com/JOYING-Android-N ... B01M670UWI

Has anyone got any experiences with one like this? Wondering if it will fit in nicely into my 2014 MN GLX Triton, or if ill get stuck with the bezel.

Considering just picking one up with my next pay and seeing how the install goes.

Cheers!
roaming_

Re: Joying UL135N2 Head Unit in MN GLX - Anyone done this ye

Postby explorer.dave on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:27 pm

In my opinion you can get better for approx. the same coin, l don't have a Joying so can't speak from experience but the unit I put in appears to have a heap more functionality. Link below to compare. Fitted perfectly and came with correct looms.

http://www.eonon.com/
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby harvster on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:03 am

explorer.dave wrote:In my opinion you can get better for approx. the same coin, l don't have a Joying so can't speak from experience but the unit I put in appears to have a heap more functionality. Link below to compare. Fitted perfectly and came with correct looms.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.eonon.com/">http://www.eonon.com/</a><!-- m -->
Which unit did you get Dave? I can't find any reference to Mitsubishi.
harvster
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:17 am

explorer.dave wrote:In my opinion you can get better for approx. the same coin,

Agree. All the Eonon units I've heard have a much better quality amp than is usual for the Chinese double DINs. Much better quality sound. Can't comment on the Android units, but I'd figure that they'd maintain their standard.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby explorer.dave on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:45 am

EONON G2110F, newer models now, mine was installed about 24 months ago, which is why l gave you the home page link, search for Mitsubishi, quite sure they would still be producing models for type.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby explorer.dave on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:42 pm

explorer.dave wrote:EONON G2110F, newer models now, mine was installed about 24 months ago, which is why l gave you the home page link, search for Mitsubishi, quite sure they would still be producing models for type.

Wrong :? :? Just had a look, appears that Eonon have stopped producing 1 and 2din head units for Mitsubishi. Shame, they where a great unit for the price, mine still going strong with no problems to report.

explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby roaming_ on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:01 pm

explorer.dave wrote:In my opinion you can get better for approx. the same coin, l don't have a Joying so can't speak from experience but the unit I put in appears to have a heap more functionality. Link below to compare. Fitted perfectly and came with correct looms.

http://www.eonon.com/

Ahh i actually found these guys after i posted last night. They seem pretty good but yeah, no dedicated mitsubishi ones. Im pretty confident i can whip up the correct harness though so i think ill grab one of those. Cheers!
roaming_

Postby MickBull on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:13 pm

it should be fine if you use the bezel and mounts from the original head unit. I just bought a 2 din pumpkin head unit and it fits in great. I just ripped the cheap looking pumpkin logo off and it looks like it was made for the triton.

Click to view larger picture
MickBull

Postby harvster on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks Dave, I'm thinking maybe this one

http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/2- ... A2154.html

might be the go, and maybe the ISO harness

https://aerpro.com/app0113

may help too.
Pity I just replaced my shocks, I'll have to wait a while
harvster
Platinum Subscriber

Postby explorer.dave on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:52 pm

That looks pretty reasonable for the price, get them to load all the vehicle logo's on, should be a Mitsi logo as with mine, I've uploaded a picture of the G2110F but imgHOSTR shows it as being inverted, so lets see :?

Edit;
No good, will try again later.

Edit; removed image

explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby harvster on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:45 am

harvster
Platinum Subscriber

Postby gunn parker on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 am

I'd like to get an android one like this but I want to keep my steering wheel controls though.
gunn parker

Postby harvster on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Both the Joying and the Eonon units linked to are compatibile with steering wheel controls
harvster
Platinum Subscriber

Postby roaming_ on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:22 pm

harvster wrote:Thanks Dave, I'm thinking maybe this one

http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/2- ... A2154.html

might be the go, and maybe the ISO harness

https://aerpro.com/app0113

may help too.
Pity I just replaced my shocks, I'll have to wait a while

I just got the GA2156, hopefully arrives early next week and will report back. It is slightly more expensive, but you get 2GB RAM instead of 1GB in the one you linked.

I'll need to sort out a harness i suppose :cry:
roaming_

Postby roaming_ on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:24 pm

MickBull wrote:it should be fine if you use the bezel and mounts from the original head unit. I just bought a 2 din pumpkin head unit and it fits in great. I just ripped the cheap looking pumpkin logo off and it looks like it was made for the triton.

Click to view larger picture

That looks awesome! Did you have any issues getting any of the steering wheel controls etc to work? Im guessing ill need a harness for the back of mine into my 2014MN, unless i want to hack my own together i suppose. I got the Eonon GA2156 in the end.
roaming_

Postby MickBull on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:46 am

I don't have steering wheel controls. They claim they work. The destructions are very good and there is an app to map controls. The harness for the glx (my model) is different. The original harness I picked up was a 2 plug setup, and without actually checking why it's different, I suspected that it would have something to do with the steering wheel controls.
MickBull

Postby roaming_ on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Hmm thanks for the info! My head unit is currently somewhere over the ocean en-route from HK, so i'll hopefully have a new project next weekend, or perhaps a late night after work during the week. I will be sure to report back.
roaming_

Postby MickBull on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:32 am

roaming_ wrote:Hmm thanks for the info! My head unit is currently somewhere over the ocean en-route from HK, so i'll hopefully have a new project next weekend, or perhaps a late night after work during the week. I will be sure to report back.

Nice! did you get a reversing camera with it? swapping the head unit out is really only a 20 minute job. I ran the GPS aerial to passenger side up trim and stuck it to the top left hand side of the windscreen, I ran the mic up the drivers side trim and clipped it to the sun visor. The wifi antenna I just stuck down to the top of the head unit itself.. I get great wifi signal with it. All up it took me just over an hour (including scoping out the wire routes) to install the head unit and the aerials/mic. The mic is worth doing too. I did a test call both ways when I had the head unit out, and it makes a huge difference.

The time consuming part for me was the reverse camera. I ran the cable up the chassis rail (left side) and found a grommet with wires coming up under the front passenger seat. Fished it under the carpet to the side step trim, and ran it up behind the glove box in to the head unit.

If you are like me and don't read the destructions. Make sure you remove the safety screws on the DVD player.. lol I couldn't work out why my kid's DVD wasn't going in.. pulled head unit out and found safety screws
MickBull

Postby roaming_ on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:56 am

It just arrived, but sadly i'll be pretty busy until the weekend but im hoping a sneaky night install after work might be on the cards. I also will need to get a harness to help plug and play i think, but im hoping to grab that at lunch. No DVD player in mine, but im ok with that.

Thats good info for the reversing camera, so thanks! It did come with one, (thank god, trying to reverse this already long vehicle into very short carparks as far back as possible without hitting the wall is a nightmare). Im also planning on putting in an additional switch so i can put the reversing camera on whenever im driving and want to see whats happening behind me in the event of towing, etc.

I was planning on putting the GPS antenna up where you have yours, do you find it has good signal like that? I read somewhere that putting it there was supposedly 'upside down'.
roaming_

Postby bjm74 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:34 pm

roaming_ wrote:It just arrived, but sadly i'll be pretty busy until the weekend but im hoping a sneaky night install after work might be on the cards. I also will need to get a harness to help plug and play i think, but im hoping to grab that at lunch. No DVD player in mine, but im ok with that...

Hi roaming_ just wondering if you ever got around to installing this unit? If so any feedback. It appears by the measurements that these units won't fit in the spot by mm's hence my query. Cheers.
bjm74

Return to Electrical