Wiring up MCC Bullbar Help

Wiring up MCC Bullbar Help

Postby TheSheepKed on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Hello everyone - I need some help with wiring up the lights for my MCC Bullbar.
Not sure what the previous owner did - so ignore their extensions. I'm focused on the main wiring that leaves the actual bullbar lights.
I have annotated each picture and provided the wiring diagrams as it might make it easier for someone on here to help direct me to which wire to solder.
The wires that leave the lights are definitely not long enough to reach the wiring in the engine bay so I'm wondering what the best and most secure way is to extend these cables? Will soldering on any wire, covered in electrical tape, do the job? I have heard scotch-locks are unreliable and are prone to issues.

As for the fog lights, I found the loom hiding behind the bumper. The blue connector on the bullbar fog lights (pictured) comes off and it looks very similar to the factory loom. Is it a matter of plug-n-play? My car is an MN Triton (2013) and I can't see the fog light symbol on the indicator stalk so I have a feeling I will have to purchase a replacement one.
Do the fog lights need new wiring into the stalk and a relay? Or if I use a rocker switch, how would I connect it up?

*Note: I'm colour blind green-red, I'm terrible with wiring hence why I'm asking, just to be sure I solder the right wires.
Thank you in advance guys!

My understanding of the wiring diagram is that I am using the #1 MCC Wiring harness since both sides are white/black/yellow.
White solders into the green/orange wire set which are the cables directly next to the driving lights/high beam cables
The black cable solders into the black cable of one or both of the wiring looms connecting to the indicator or park light?
And the yellow wires solders into the green/yellow wire in the set of cables that is closest to the OUTSIDE of the car i.e. most left or most right depending on which side you're on

Wiring Diagram for park and indicator lights
Click to view larger picture

Wiring diagram for fog lights

Bullbar wires

Factory loom for fog light?

Passenger Side

Driver's Side
TheSheepKed

Re: Wiring up MCC Bullbar Help

Postby TheSheepKed on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Sorry to have to double post but surely someone has done their own?
I'm fairly confident with which cables to splice and solder into but I don't know enough about electronic parts to work out how to extend the 3 (yellow/black/white) short cables that come out of the bullbar lights, all the way up to behind the engine bay.
I guess I could just solder a longer wire on but it doesn't sound secure to me?
Any suggestions?

And a confirmation of...
My understanding of the wiring diagram is that I am using the #1 MCC Wiring harness since both sides are white/black/yellow.
White solders into the green/orange wire set which are the cables directly next to the driving lights/high beam cables
The black cable solders into the black cable of one or both of the wiring looms connecting to the indicator or park light?
And the yellow wires solders into the green/yellow wire in the set of cables that is closest to the OUTSIDE of the car i.e. most left or most right depending on which side you're on

would be really good.
I've given up trying to wire the fog lights because it means I'd have to install a new switch or indicator stalk since my MN GLX didn't come with a fog light switch.
Cheers guys.
TheSheepKed

Postby Scale on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:52 am

Utube is your friend.
https://youtu.be/Q9G9gaokqvM
Scale

Postby TheSheepKed on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:11 am

Scale wrote:Utube is your friend.
https://youtu.be/Q9G9gaokqvM

Thank you for the link -I am apt at soldering although it was a nice refresher.

Just need someone to confirm or guide me through which wires to tap into. The actual soldering bit isn't my concern.
I just don't know if I need a fuse or anything or whether it's as simple as soldering a longer piece of wire from the bullbar light to the indicator lights in the engine bay.
TheSheepKed

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Stand by, Sheepy. I have the answers you want but no time now.

Will try to post up later tonight.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby TheSheepKed on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:02 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Stand by, Sheepy. I have the answers you want but no time now.

Will try to post up later tonight.

Cheers mate, appreciate it - no rush!
TheSheepKed

Postby TheSheepKed on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Anyone got any suggestions/ideas? Just about to do the wiring and really want to get it right the first time.
Cheers.
TheSheepKed

Postby TheSheepKed on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Sorry to post on my own post again. Desperately need help on this project.
Even if someone isn't able to confirm the correct wiring and which wire to solder to which, can someone at least help advise me as to the best way I should connect those three wires (yellow/white/black) from the bullbar, to the wires up in the engine bay?
Should I be using that white block thing pictured above because I have no idea what those are. Or should I just solder three separate wires individually and solder them to their respective wires in the engine bay?

Cheers
TheSheepKed

Postby Anthfw93 on Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:25 pm

You ever figure this out mate I'm about to do the same thing??
Anthfw93

Return to Electrical