Airbag Warning Light

Re: Airbag Warning Light

Postby skilbys on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Airbag light on for a few months, had to build up the energy to take it to the dealers - 2012mn so under warranty, now the horn and steering wheel controls gone so it must be the clock spring. Booked in and replaced under warranty no questions asked, service manager did say though that the air bag light was due to the connections for the curtain air bags in the roof had come loose, common problem apparently!,
skilbys
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SEJ GLX-R on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:07 pm

skilbys wrote:.......service manager did say though that the air bag light was due to the connections for the curtain air bags in the roof had come loose, common problem apparently!,

Can someone with a manual please tell me where the connectors are located as I have the same issue with the drivers curtain airbag.

I don't fancy pulling all the trims off to find one plug ;)
See my build thread ... HERE
See my shed ............. HERE
SEJ GLX-R

Postby Mooons on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:21 pm

SEJ GLX-R wrote:
skilbys wrote:.......service manager did say though that the air bag light was due to the connections for the curtain air bags in the roof had come loose, common problem apparently!,

Can someone with a manual please tell me where the connectors are located as I have the same issue with the drivers curtain airbag.

I don't fancy pulling all the trims off to find one plug ;)

No idea where the connections are but when mine went in for the same issue they did say that they have been putting some sort of grease on the connection pins to help with connection issues they've been having
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby skilbys on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Sorry to say SEJ but they are in they roof lining above where the seat belts are mounted :( :( :(
Mine was in for a day and a half whilst they stuffed around putting the lining back in!
skilbys
Platinum Subscriber

Postby spyke on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi all

As asked earlier,can anyone suggest a scanner reset tool for srs system,
spyke

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:36 pm

You may need Mitsubishi to clear those codes. From what I understand just your ordinary scanguage etc won't do the job. Maybe the more advanced snap-on/professional style tools might have more of a chance but for the cost you'd be better having a dealer sort it out for you.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby ag9111 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm

spyke wrote:Hi all

As asked earlier,can anyone suggest a scanner reset tool for srs system,

Dealer only unfortunatly
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SEJ GLX-R on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 am

skilbys wrote:Sorry to say SEJ but they are in they roof lining above where the seat belts are mounted :( :( :(
Mine was in for a day and a half whilst they stuffed around putting the lining back in!

Thanks, that is what I thought but didn't want to hear :cry: .........That's why I have put it off for so long.

Mooons wrote:No idea where the connections are but when mine went in for the same issue they did say that they have been putting some sort of grease on the connection pins to help with connection issues they've been having

Good tip too Mooons :D I would hate to finally fix it then have to do it all over again 6 months later.
See my build thread ... HERE
See my shed ............. HERE
SEJ GLX-R

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:10 am

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=23571&highlight=srs+light
pretty good thread here to look at in regard the the SRS light issue.
common problem- lucky the triton does not seem to be plauged with the issue in the same proportions as the challenger.

lots of first hand accounts of what and where the problem is and what the mitsubishi service agents are doing.

not sure if the forum is "open" and you can view or if you have to become a member
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby shane6405 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:00 pm

had my light com on it was a clock spring
shane6405

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:35 pm

shane6405 wrote:had my light com on it was a clock spring

how much did the clock spring cost?
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby spyke on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi all

Regarding srs light on problems. Had my 2009 GLXR diesel in for a service before a Gibb river road trip recently.
A local dealer not manufacture dealer. Explained to him problem with srs light staying on.
He ran hie snap on gear over system and no fault codes showed up in the air bag system. Now we are being specific about air bag and OBd for engine. No codes nothing further showed after a reset either

Anyway picked up car and light is still on. In the meantime I ordered a Autel MD 701 from diagnostic world. Before ordering I queried what my requirements are,I was assured the MD701 is suitable. It arrived today just tried it out. Set up all ok does all the OBD as predicted and also scans everything else in a separate menu SRS

NO codes show for the airbag scan. So the light is still on.
The only closest Trouble shooting in The Mitsubishi SRS info I can find is

SRS Trouble shooting 52B-15

is

Code No 43 SRS warning lamp drive circuit system Probable cause
(light not switching off) Malfunction of wiring harness
or connectors
Malfunction of srs-ecu
malfunction of combination meter
This diagnosis code is output when a short to earth occurs in the
harness between the lamp and the srs ecu while the srs ecu is
monitoring the srs warning lamp and the light is on

Note that I am not getting a codes, that is if the MD701 is reading system correctly, sure I can take it to Mits dealer and have them at hourly rate spend 5 mins to run a test. yes they have to pay for their gear. But local auto shop,s mega $$ snap on diagnostics and my budget scanner did not show anything.

After reading the forums on tritonites problems I think the techs at Mitsubishi also do a lot of guessing also.

Anyone have any thoughts

Best to all
spyke

Postby jmjLc on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:07 pm

hey had the same problem with 2 year old triton live in bundy took to brisbane replaced airbag sensor straight away no hesitation was told sensor was problem over phone without even looking at the car and was told just be careful driving it till fixed , one week later. Eagers @ breaky creek the best jmjLc
jmjLc

Postby spyke on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:17 am

Hi
I am sure, it will be, am planning on going in this week. There is only one Miti dealer where I am and have found them helpful. However I am very dubious about fault after seeing so many problems on the forums.

Best to all
spyke

Postby peterdeg on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:30 am

Add me to the 'me too' brigade for the light on.
It'll have to wait until the next service (only 1500k away but seeing as I'm only doing 300k/week, it may be a while)
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS Pajero DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.
peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Chef_Dave on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:18 pm

4wd26 wrote:
shane6405 wrote:had my light com on it was a clock spring

how much did the clock spring cost?

I just got quoted $300 plus labor :roll:
I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
Chef_Dave

Postby KiwiML on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:27 pm

I had an issue with mine the fuse popped ????? how ?????? why ???????? apparently the battery may have been bit low on charge and when cranked with the air bag doing its thing may have popped fuse my local dealer is awesome to deal with I have a system where by I leave a dozen bottles on the back seat floor space and I never have had to wait for any code read / reset / minor issues

apparently the brown bubbly liquid speaks volumes give it a go you may be surprised now the service manager does all my checks himself :lol:
KiwiML

Postby scrappydoo on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:09 am

Just had my 30k service done 3 weeks ago, have had the airbag light for a while.
They said that they found one of the airbag connectors casuing the light to come on. If the light comes back on it is a hotfix or warranty fix and they have to replace the complete airbag system, this means the headlining has to come out, etc.
Last week the airbag light is back on.
scrappydoo

Postby spyke on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi all

A big. Thank you to Mitsubishi Darwin for sorting out my srs light on problem.

Checked and inspected ,found codes
B1476 1GA extraordinary low
B1477 1GB voltage low
B1551 srs alarm lamp harness open
Cleared fault codes
Test drive ok
Rechecked all ok

Note I had previously had checked with a previous auto service using their snap on gear result no codes found.
Also I had bought an Auteltech 607 scanner fro the UK ,was assured it would read the airbag system on Triton ML, does lots of things ,but it did not pick up srs codes.

So for the moment all ok, and if it helps ,black tape over the offending srs light works.

Cheers
spyke

Postby spoiltone on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:19 am

had my light on now 2 times. and recently they ordered new floor and roof harness. told today that it has come in. just dont want it done as i know i will get lots of squeaks after they pull it all apart. .

will ring them soon and book it. need the car at the moment
spoiltone

Postby pyr081 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 pm

spyke wrote:B1476 1GA extraordinary low
B1477 1GB voltage low
B1551 srs alarm lamp harness open

Note I had previously had checked with a previous auto service using their snap on gear result no codes found.

Had the light and these codes after playing around with the fuses the other day.
Went to my local mechanic and they read and cleared them with their scan tool, I think it was a G-scan unit. They weren't sure that it would work as they had never tried it before but they did it no worries.
pyr081
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Interesting. G-Scan certainly claim to be able to do SRS on Mitsubishis so it looks like they're right.

I wonder if they're right about the other stuff like coding keys and injectors - http://www.gscan.ca/Files/Coverage/Gscan_Supported_ECUs_Programming_Mitsubishi.pdf
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby salt36 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:23 pm

That is interesting, especially for the Lancer guys, the AYC controls the centre diff and traction control.

The guys who race Lancers want to get into that ECU as it can be configured for launch control etc....

Slowly the techs are learning the Mut3 system, Mitsubishi will no doubt soon bring out a MUT4, to keep ahead of the 'hackers' :lol:

Impressive to be able to read and clear the DTC's though :geek:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby JbuntingNT on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Hey guys,slightly different result, same light, srs/airbag light came on in my 2012mn, just after I had a engel fridge hooked up and sitting in the front seat during a trip, had the seat belt wrapped around the fridge to stop it from moving around too much. Hooked up the scan tool at work (g-scan) and found a fault code related to seat belt /srs sensor out of range, turns out if you stretch out the seat belt too much a drive around a bit it throws a code.. One to watch out for..
JbuntingNT

Postby Slug on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:01 am

Hi all
My lights been on for 12 months when traveling remote places this is the last thing you need, we have to travel 620k each way to an mits agent
There going to replace the wiring loom this time "ha" wait to see if that fixes it, and thats when they can get one as the are hard to get at the moment slow supply????. "We can supply you with a hire car till we get the part" quote mitsubishi. Problem is thats not so good in remote places as we need a 4x4 to get around and thy don't supply them as the hire car is not to be used on outback roads nill insurance.
Told Mitsubishi AU if it comes on again I will remove all bags and wiring from the ute and post it back to them and decommission the little red lamp
If they don't work now whats the point of them
slug
Slug
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical