Is Triton on throttle cable or drive by wire system?

Is Triton on throttle cable or drive by wire system?

Postby Magna on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:32 pm

I wonder which system our Triton throttle on? Traditional cable or drive by wire(electronic throttle system)? I can't seem to find any cable hence my thought it being on drive by wire.
Magna

Re: Is Triton on throttle cable or drive by wire system?

Postby Eelesy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:33 pm

ML tritons are drive by wire

MK tritons are cable driven
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Magna on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Sorry I'm refering to 2.5 diesel.

What is ML and MK?
Magna

Postby Greedy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:44 pm

ML is current shape. MK was the previous one
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Magna on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Sorry, I'm completely lost.

MK as in the first Triton 2.5 with 136BHP and 314NM common rail turbo?

And ML as in the new 2.5 with 170+ BHP and almost 400NM which was released earlier this year?

I'm in Malaysia hence different model reference....

We only have Triton 2.5 with 136BHP and 3.2 over here....
Magna

Postby Greedy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:52 pm

The ML is from 2006 onwards. The MK ran from roughly 1995-2005. I don't think the MK ever had a common rail motor

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Eelesy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:54 pm

This is the ML
Click to view larger picture

This is the MK
Click to view larger picture
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Greedy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Ah!!! Pictures. I knew there was an easy way to this. :oops: :oops:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Magna on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Understood!

Then mine is ML. In Malaysia we call it Triton and the MK is Storm which is non common rail turbo diesel. Actually we have another version called Triton Lite which have the same lookout like the ML picture posted above but using MK/Storm engine for workhorse base model.

Initially I was confused by ML and MK because Mitsubishi released a new engine on the Triton with a much stronger engine called High Power version.

Read more here:
http://paultan.org/archives/2008/10/05/ ... n-25-di-d/

Mitsubishi quietly revealed a high-powered version of the Mitsubishi L200 (known as the Triton here) at the 2008 Paris Motor Show with the “2.5Di-D High-Power” designation.

The 2009 L200 2.5 Di-D High-Power features a 2.5 liter engine that produces much more power than in its 136 PS standard form. In fact, the figures are even higher than the recently launched Triton 3.2L!

The new engine gets a 29% power boost up to 178 PS at 4,000rpm and 400Nm of torque at 2,000rpm for manual versions or 350Nm of torque for automatic versions. Fuel consumption is 8.5 liters of diesel per 100km while CO2 output is 223g/km.

The 2009 L200 also gets better sound and vibration insulation, additional side airbags for the Club Cab varaint, side and curtain airbags for the Double Cab, and a new front seat design with improved cushion and side support.

If you pair this new high performance engine with the Walkinshaw Performance Sport Pack Upgrade, your L200/Triton will surely be a riot! The upgrade pack (an estimated £2,595.00 - RM16k - inclusive of installation) replaces the L200’s rear solid axle with a multi-link rear suspension featuring coil springs.

Other enhancements in the Walkinshaw pack include PU performance bushes for increased axle control, rubber performance chassis bushes for reduced road noise transmission, Koni performance shocks for the front and rear as well as a stainless steel twin tailpipe performance exhaust.

BTW, anyone installed Sprintbooster or Boostspeed some sort to improve the throttle response? I was hoping to get a more responsive throttle as its flacid anything below 2k rpm.... currently running Vector Tuning with great mid punch but the non action below 2k rpm is boring...
Magna

Postby sierra on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 pm

Magna,

Can you find out how the high power version of the 2.5 4D56 is achieved?
I think it's just been reprogrammed but it would be good to know if that's correct?
Any chance of you guys getting us the info, even better if you can get us the parts!
sierra

Postby Magna on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi Sierra

We could only wished on this side of the pond on this new high power Triton. Based on the article, its in Europe. The price mentioned all in sterling pounds.

Believe it or not, our diesel here in Malaysia still pathetically Euro 1.... sigh! I doubt we will see this version of triton... sorry....

I believe the high power version should be on VGT as well...
Magna

Postby sierra on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Magna,

It looks like the new model due out soon in Oz, the MN, will have the high power 2.5. I forgot the engines are supposed to come direct from Japan so you guys will get what they send unless yours are built there?
How come ours are Euro 4 and yours are Euro 1?
Do you have any good tuning parts over there that we could source? Most of your prices for locally built vehicles and spare parts are much cheaper than here according to mate that used to live there.
sierra

Postby Magna on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Sierra

Our Triton is made in Thailand just like yours. As for the new engine coming from Japan, that will interesting to know if any those upgrade can be transplanted.

Yes for once, a vehicle is cheaper in MY than other countries. Your mate prolly relate to you just how expensive car here is because the govt wanted to protect the local brand and jacked up the tax making a cheap car expensive. For example Honda Civic 2.0 cost about RM130K which is like 45K AUD. The triton 2.5 is going for 92K or 32K AUD. Should be about the same price or cheaper than yours. But our model trim may have lesser goodies.

Most of our tuning parts come from Thailand which is what Monster Triton poison us all over here as well.

As usual, 2 camp of truck owner: Tarmac and Off Road. Most of them are tarmac cruiser hence we aim for comfort and handling. So stuff like Bilstein/Rancho upgrade and removing one rear leaf spring for more comfort to rear passenger ie wife and kids.... K&N filter, Vector or Tunit (common rail tune box), is the basic stuff to go. Im not familiar with off road setup. Me new on trucking as well.

Why we still on Euro 1? Because the govt still subsidize the diesel for the user(in the past, mainly commercial) hence the fuel price here is not real. Instead of giving us a better diesel, we got the crappy Euro 1. No such issues on petrol.
Magna

Postby rawlos on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 pm

All new tritons in des are drive by wire petrol are still cabel throtel
rawlos

Postby Magna on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Do you guys cheese off with the throttle lag in the system? Its seem that the throttle response is so apparent. While there are turbo lag but I felt that the throttle respond from the pedal to the engine needs some exponential adjustment.....
Magna

Postby sierra on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Magna,

Do you buy direct from Thailand or through retailers/importers in your country? I'm just wondering how difficult it might be to deal direct?
How can you use crappy diesel through a common rail system, I thought bad fuel with the very high pressure destroyed the injectors?

I thought the throttle lag was minimal for fly by wire, especially after driving the latest Toyota Corolla which has very bad throttle delay and spoils an otherwise good drive until you get used to it. Apparently the delay is caused and magnified by the lack of computer grunt and Toyota have been very stingy with the size and speed of computers they use.
I can double de clutch in the Triton and that was impossible in the Corolla.
sierra

Return to Electrical