Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Re: Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby dan.batto on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Follow the instructions on here and you could do it yourself within I reckon a 3hr bracket. Depending on ur competency and how much you have already learnt about pulling apart your tri ;) :lol: :lol:
dan.batto

Postby ellewill on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi All,

Anyone got 2 reverse cameras hooked up to a Digoptions unit?

I have just bought a caravan and want to be able to run a camera on the truck (already installed) and one on the van.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Scotty
ellewill

Postby dan.batto on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:41 pm

2 ways of doing this, 1 is to connect 1 camera to the reverse cam input an the other to the aux port. Other option is to purchase the multi camera install unit from dig options. From memory about $60
dan.batto

Postby dan.batto on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:46 pm

http://www.digoptions.com.au/

You will find the 3 camera switch box here on this web page.
dan.batto

Postby fergobf on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:46 am

Is everyone buying a dig options for the triton because they are the best bang for their buck? and i see they have two types of cameras on offer.. which one did u get and what would u recommend.

Cars is looking reat by the way. some exceptional work.
fergobf

Postby dan.batto on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:10 am

I bought as its good bang for buck, sure I have had a few problems but it looks like I am the only one! After sales service has been super fantastic! Helped in every way possible. Updates were back to me ASAP. I think all the updates are now covered of there is an issue :lol:
I went the better camera and it's great! The picture is VERY clear!
IMHO I dont think you will get a unit with all these inclusives for a price this cheap!
dan.batto

Postby irwazza on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:46 am

Hey Dan, has that last update fixed your not turning on issue? Thought I would ask again now that it has been a while
Cheers
irwazza

Postby dan.batto on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Oh yeah... Forgot to write here: not a problem since that update... Well an iPod one but other than that all fixed :D
Give Matt an email an hopefully he can forward on the update. At the same time send him a pic of the model unit you have. (can be seen in the screen where it shows your battery voltage) this will save a heap of emails back an forth.
Cheers
dan.batto

Postby wasarangie on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:28 am

I have recently bought the Lifestyle Series unit for my Challenger. All set up and working well.
However I am unable to figure out how to manually store the radio stations in my preferred order.
They are set up with auto search but how do I edit or select a station manually?

Thanks for any advice.
wasarangie

Postby Big Damo on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 am

I bought mine because it was good value (there are cheaper out there) but MAINLY because they have such a good reputation here and on other forums. Sure the instructions are crap and I had small issues with the intial install but the product so far is good.

I went the cheaper camera and it's not like you are going to be making home movies with it, you can clearly see what is behind you in the dark or light and that's what counts.
Big Damo

Postby wasarangie on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:19 pm

wasarangie wrote:I have recently bought the Lifestyle Series unit for my Challenger. All set up and working well.
However I am unable to figure out how to manually store the radio stations in my preferred order.
They are set up with auto search but how do I edit or select a station manually?

Thanks for any advice.

OK figured it out, with email to Digoptions. Select station then exit manual screen. With radio on preferred station then press and hold the preset position you want to use.
wasarangie

Postby Crash486 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Any clever programmers on the forum :geek: ? Wondering if someone might like to
1) use Bluetooth ODBII sender
2) sync to Digoptions unit
3) tweek (read rewrite :o ) this little bit of code http://obdcon.sourceforge.net/2010/05/openelm/#more-13
to get the wince program running.

That way you could have all the data on one device - that would be cool. :)
Crash486

Postby Shwa on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:58 am

Excellent write up. Something I've been looking for!
It's not the time in the life that matters, it's the life in the time!
Shwa

Postby 1tuff_triton on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:43 pm

What are these skinny red wires for ?? You can see the power and earth for the reverse light, the camera, then the yellow plugs fit together and one yellow plug goes to the radio.
Click to view larger picture

Installing a double din and reverse cam tomorrow and have no idea wat the red wires attached to the av cord are for as I thought it draws power from the reverse light. Any help would be great as this is all fairly foreign to me.
It's not Tough unless it's TUFF
1tuff_triton

Postby gauci204 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 am

Hi guys, not sure if has been posted earlier or everyone already knew how to do it but I just stumbled across how to be able to operate your Music from your iPhone rather than through the dodgy touchscreen menu.

I had my GPS on screen with the iPhone playing in the background, you then need to touch the screen to bring up the little padlock on the left hand top of screen, press padlock to bring up the Src options. Press the pip button and check your phone, it should now show your music list n the phone. Press now playing on your phone then the play symbol so the music starts again, and you now have control of the music via the phone rather than the dig options unit.

To get rid of the little pip screen, press the little screen, then on the bottom left, press the GPS button that will be blue and it will turn orange when you press it. Voila. Screen gone and music controlled by handset. :D

If you receive a cal via Bluetooth, you may have to go through same process again.

Chris.
gauci204

Postby dan.batto on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 am

1tuff_triton wrote:What are these skinny red wires for ?? You can see the power and earth for the reverse light, the camera, then the yellow plugs fit together and one yellow plug goes to the radio.
Click to view larger picture

Installing a double din and reverse cam tomorrow and have no idea wat the red wires attached to the av cord are for as I thought it draws power from the reverse light. Any help would be great as this is all fairly foreign to me.

I think those are the ones that activate the screen when the camera is powered up.... Ill have to check though.
dan.batto

Postby 1tuff_triton on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am

thanks for that dan thats exactly what they are for, this thread was a great help for someone who had no idea on how to do this!!!!!

all works well and the replacement hood from ebay for $60 fits perfectly!!!
It's not Tough unless it's TUFF
1tuff_triton

Postby Big Damo on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:24 pm

gauci204 wrote:Hi guys, not sure if has been posted earlier or everyone already knew how to do it but I just stumbled across how to be able to operate your Music from your iPhone rather than through the dodgy touchscreen menu.

I had my GPS on screen with the iPhone playing in the background, you then need to touch the screen to bring up the little padlock on the left hand top of screen, press padlock to bring up the Src options. Press the pip button and check your phone, it should now show your music list n the phone. Press now playing on your phone then the play symbol so the music starts again, and you now have control of the music via the phone rather than the dig options unit.

To get rid of the little pip screen, press the little screen, then on the bottom left, press the GPS button that will be blue and it will turn orange when you press it. Voila. Screen gone and music controlled by handset. :D

If you receive a cal via Bluetooth, you may have to go through same process again.

Chris.

Bear in mind that it's illegal whilst driving to operate any function of your handheld mobile phone but touching it unless it's mounted in a proper phone mount (I think that means commercially available)
Last edited by Big Damo on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Damo

Postby dan.batto on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Gauci, that's awesome!!! Thanks!!!
dan.batto

Postby dunney on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:54 pm

gauci204 wrote:guys, can a subwoofer and amp etc be fitted with these units?

read through the whole thread and it appears this hasnt been answered just yet, maybe nobody is using this head unit to run an amplitfier for a more powerfull stereo system?

anyways i down loaded the wiring manual and it appears there isnt a dedicated sub woofer preout. however my current aftermarket unit in my mazda is running the same rca outputs at the dig option has (front r+l & rear r+l). the only difference is i can change my rear preout to be a sub woofer one through the menu. is this possible with this unit. maybe the new ''updated'' dig option unit? seeing as it can do everything else i would think a sub out is almost standard on all units these days.

can anybody shed some light on this please? as i want to put one in my glx-r but this is the deal breaker for me if this unit wont do it?

thanks
dunney

Postby gauci204 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Mate, it's got all the connections of the back so shouldn't be an issue.
gauci204

Postby dunney on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks mate!!
dunney

Postby mjrstar on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:45 am

There are rear preouts which can be selected to run as sub out. Does not appear to run low pass frequency though. Sub sounds ok in my truck but could do with a little more treble .
Current steeds:
09 GLXR double cab.
04 Turbo airtrek (outlander)
96 Lancer evolution 4.
79 Toyota starlet race car.
71 Austin mini.
mjrstar

Postby irwazza on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:08 am

I can't vouch for the new model but the older model (had mine for 6 months) doesn't have sub pre out. It has front and rear per outs. Not sure why it would be a deal breaker not having sub out? If you want to be able to adjust the sub level buy a amp with a bass boost remote
irwazza

Postby t_j_g on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Does anyone know if the system allows for the factory stereo audio input jacks in the centre console to still be used?
t_j_g

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical