How to remove window crank arm MK Triton?

Postby empiricalchef on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:19 am

Ok. I have tried the search tool, but after 15 minutes searching to no avail, I'm giving up & starting a new thread.

I'm sure this will make many users chuckle (or perhaps even point and laugh), but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the window crank arm on the 2001 MK Triton I just bought. I removed all the screws attaching the inner door panel and slid my crank arm tool behind the crank (as I've done successfully on many vehicles before), but I could not locate any pins for the clip. Upon closer examination, I couldn't even see a clip.

I really need to get this panel off w/o damage. Can anyone help???
empiricalchef

Re: How to remove window crank arm MK Triton?

Postby burnah on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 am

burnah
Platinum Subscriber

Re: How to remove window crank arm MK Triton?

Postby empiricalchef on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 am

@burnah Thanks for the link. It did give me confidence to go back in for a more determined second effort. Turns out the previous owner had done some work before and had replaced the standard clip with an o-ring. I must say, I didn't notice any issues with the crank arm before, so it was a good repair. Thankfully, the clip was intact on the second door I attacked (driver side), and both door panels are eagerly awaiting the installation of a decent pair of speakers.

Cheers!
empiricalchef

Postby burnah on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Bewdy! I've been helped so many times by members of this forum. Glad to be able to give some back.
burnah
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Tips & Tricks