Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new thread

Anything Triton related

Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new thread

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Here at NewTriton.net we like to keep things tidy and encourage members to post in existing threads, rather than starting a new one, especially for subjects that have been covered before.

Quite often a new member will post a question and have their thread almost immediately locked, sometimes with a rather terse comment about searching, or not having done so. As a Moderator I recognise that this isn't always the most welcoming response, but it is necessary to keep the site from becoming totally unmanageable and unfathomably difficult for those who do search for information.

So, to make it easier for the newbies, here is a thread where you can ask questions without risk of being stepped on or ridiculed, or even just ignored. Random questions are welcome here and responses will be moderated. No newbie bashing allowed.

We do expect that you will have made some effort. Look in the Forum Directory first (most common issues are linked there) and have a go, at least, at searching.

Links to try before you post:

How to Search

Forum Search

Forum Directory

So, tell us what you're looking for and where you've already looked and someone will help you.

Replies may just take the form of a link or a short explanation of where to find answers to the question.

I should mention that this thread is not meant for discussion on any particular subject - just help in finding stuff that's already here. If anything is raised that warrants its own thread a Moderator will create one and move the relevant posts.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: Ask here FIRST, before you start a new thread

Postby fridgie on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Good thread, one to remember to bump from time to time ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby TritonNick on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Thank you for this thread.
TritonNick

Postby hvac guy on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Lets do a demo.

Hi guys awesome site can the car locks be programmed too unlock the drivers door first then unlock the rest when the buttons pressed again.
Cheers
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mrtuaniiex on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Good thread, I've always had short questions that don't deserve a thread their own.

Lets get the ball roalling.

So im in the market for a new main battery. Dont plan to do week long trips or anything so dual battery isn't for me. I was considering dual batteries but for my needs, even the guy at arb said don't waste your money and just get a jump starter.

All I want to do is run lights (hid spotties, led light bar) and winch. Just wanted a bigger single battery then the factory so I can have a bit of piece of mind if I had to winch for extended periods.

So what's the biggest battery in terms of CCA and mah I can run without modifications to the electrics.

When it comes to electric side of things i have no idea :roll:

Remember no noon bashing! ;) :lol:
mrtuaniiex

Postby mrtuaniiex on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:39 pm

hvac guy wrote:Lets do a demo.

Hi guys awesome site can the car locks be programmed too unlock the drivers door first then unlock the rest when the buttons pressed again.
Cheers

Beat me to the first question, took too long to type
mrtuaniiex

Postby hvac guy on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:47 pm

I just bumped a thread for u
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hvac guy on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:52 pm

mrtuaniiex wrote:Good thread, I've always had short questions that don't deserve a thread their own.

Lets get the ball roalling.

So im in the market for a new main battery. Dont plan to do week long trips or anything so dual battery isn't for me. I was considering dual batteries but for my needs, even the guy at arb said don't waste your money and just get a jump starter.

All I want to do is run lights (hid spotties, led light bar) and winch. Just wanted a bigger single battery then the factory so I can have a bit of piece of mind if I had to winch for extended periods.

So what's the biggest battery in terms of CCA and mah I can run without modifications to the electrics.

When it comes to electric side of things i have no idea :roll:

Remember no noon bashing! ;) :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8465&p=264577&hilit=battries#p264577 here u go
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:55 pm

No problem, Nick. It's something that's been in mind for a while and, quite obviously, your posts today prompted me to actually do it. So, in a reverse way, thanks for getting me motivated.

Fridgie - should be no need to bump unless for those who use New Posts or Active Topics. I've made it a Global Announcement so it will appear at the top of every forum.

We will probably move posts in here from time to time if they do crop up in unnecessary new threads or are out of place in others. Better then locking or a "use search, noob" type response.

Please remember, though, that it is not a panacea for the lazy. We do expect that even new members will make some effort to find what they're after and it's pretty obvious when they don't.

So, let the questions roll.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:16 pm

hvac guy wrote:Lets do a demo.

Cheers

Wow! tough first question, hvac. Personally, because I work on cars all day the double locking/unlocking procedure drives me nuts and I was thankful that my Triton didn't have it and never bothered to find out if it was even available. That said, i don't recall it ever coming up here and I don't have access to a Triton Owners Manual any more, which is where I'd expect it would be mentioned, if available as an option.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby hvac guy on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Yeah been trying to find it my missus gets scared at night and keeps asking me if I can do any thong about it. It would make a good security feature. I have been searching through tge manual as well.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:15 pm

On the cj lancer forum they found a programming box for a Peugeot that would talk to the lancer ETACS and it unlocked functionality like that for their cars. The cool bit about it was that the equipment only cost about a hundred bucks. Would love to try the same concept on ours.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby robbieg11 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 am

Hey all . Just chasing some info on the 90k service. I have a glxr 07 diesel model and wanting to know exactly what the sevice will involve ? Also my car has the lag at 90kmh not 5 ks more or less just at 90 . Ive read on here a lot about carbon build up , so would it be worth getting it looked at when I get my service done ? And 1 more is when changing from 1st to 2nd gear the revs seem to take awhile to die down ? is that common ?

Thanks in advance,
Robbie.
robbieg11

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:23 am

90K service http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5119

Details of exactly what is done are in your Service Handbook.

Lag just at 90km/h? A little unusual but, if in top gear then yes, possible. Bring it up with your dealer.

Engine holds revs in gear changes. Yes, has to do with emissions control but dealer may be able to adjust a bit.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby azza3400 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 am

Hi thinking about changing the oil in the warrior around 7500km. Is there any problem with changing it before the 1st service? do mits use a running in oil? was going to run a synthetic oil. cheers
azza3400

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 am

No problem, other than cost, with changing your oil more often. Mitsubishi don't use a "running in oil" as such but it is good practice to change early at first to get any bits of metal that are initially worn off out of the engine. Personally, I'm reluctant to use a synthetic too early in the engine's life, certainly before it's properly run in, simply because you want a bit of wear at first for components to match up to each other. If you're changing oil at 7500km intervals then a quality mineral oil will do just fine and save you some money.

More information here.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby azza3400 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:10 pm

cheers for the info. only just clocked 4000km. any recommendations on oil instead of synthetic then.
azza3400

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Try here.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Arb bar fog light replacements?

Postby sloppyjoe24 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Long time between drinks!

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a replacement system for the delux arb bull bar? Ideally would love led but anything that doesn't break all the time would be considered...

Cheers
Take it easy, if u get it easy take it twice!!
sloppyjoe24

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Start here. There are a few hits but easy to scroll through and find the right threads. ;)
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby sloppyjoe24 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Got anything else? Lots of stuff on factory fog lights but nothing to do with replacing arb fog lights.
sloppyjoe24

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Actually there were a couple of threads in those search results that dealt specifically with the ARB lights. Probably a good example of how it can be difficult to find information when it's dispersed throughout the site. I recall a few mentions in non-related threads, like build threads, too.

The problem is that they're a proprietary design so it is difficult to get a drop in replacement. I'd start with sites like Hella or Narva and try to find a model that is the right diameter, then be prepared to make a few modifications to get them to mount properly.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby sloppyjoe24 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Yeah fair enough just sick of stone chips in the genuine ones and replacing globes... I'll keep looking
sloppyjoe24

Postby Ih8tarmak on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:59 am

Anyone running STEDI phantom led driving lights?

Look like quality and only 450 for a pair of 90w 8" lights.

Just looking for some real world feedback

Cheers.
Ih8tarmak

aerpro harness

Postby nuttinn0rton on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Swapping the radio in my MY15 GLX just wondering if anyone can help me hooking up the steering wheel controls for BT and the radio??

What aerpro harnesses do I need??

Cheers guys
nuttinn0rton

Next

Return to General Discussion