MAXXIS BRAVO 980

Need something to get you rolling?

MAXXIS BRAVO 980

Postby braydenc on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:23 pm

So i have read about these but cant find many reviews on them online

does anyone on here run them I did a search but no long term reports that I could see

I searched (maxxis bravo 980) maybe I am searching wrong.

But I do know there a bit noisy dose not bother me at all

and pretty strong but that's about all I know about this tyre....
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
braydenc

Re: MAXXIS BRAVO 980

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Another BFG A/T copy but much softer compound so they grip well but wear fast. The BFGs have a reputation for lasting well, other than on sharp stony tracks. Unless the Maxxis are less than half the price of BFGs then the BFG's will be better long term value. Personally, I think that these days you don't have to put up with noise from a set of good A/Ts - the bar's been raised a bit since that technology.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby braydenc on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:40 am

NowForThe5th wrote:Another BFG A/T copy but much softer compound so they grip well but wear fast. The BFGs have a reputation for lasting well, other than on sharp stony tracks. Unless the Maxxis are less than half the price of BFGs then the BFG's will be better long term value. Personally, I think that these days you don't have to put up with noise from a set of good A/Ts - the bar's been raised a bit since that technology.

Thanks mate for the info now I more confused then ever :lol:
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
braydenc

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:04 am

You're welcome. :lol:
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby suhua4 on Tue May 03, 2016 8:41 pm

My friend has a set of 980 on his hilux. 50% left after some 20k the tread blocks are half way broken up after some off-roading. Not impressive at all.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
suhua4

Postby RHKTriton on Wed May 04, 2016 8:25 am

These don't look very robust, little chunks of tread are going to be subjected lots of lateral stress, causing wear and breakage. Lots of other tyres with better all round tread designs.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dingo Dog on Wed May 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi
Ive run the maxis bravos since 21000 km and have now 75000km on the clock. Running 265/65/17 and I am very impressed with them. A little noisy perhaps but not too bad. I find them good in the wet and off road they have met all my expectations. Approx 3 mm to got before I hit the wear bars. I have found that correct tyre pressures help and have only damaged a couple of blocks. Used on Holland track , Dwellingup tracks, Collie and Julimar state forests here in W.A. Also did a east coast trip taking in every National park and road off the bitumen that I could find between Armidale and Brissy and back down to Sydney across the Nullabore including the Balladonia track from Balladonia to Esperance. Also the Hyden to Norseman road on the way to the east coast. All fully loaded with RTT etc etc.
Apart from my rambling on I am going to get another set when these wear out.
Dingo Dog

Postby braydenc on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:52 am

Hi,

Just a update on these I have put 15000ks on them still have 85% tread

they are noisy though on smooth surfaces
but surprisingly no tread has worn or chipped yet so I am impressed to say the least.
braydenc

Return to Tyres & Wheels