ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Re: ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Postby Buzzy on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:30 pm

Thats a wise move R33F, I have gone through the bullshit myself.
Howdy Trent whats been doing?
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 pm

I think there are now a few more of us with Ultimate gear on the truck so I thought it would be time to comment and get some feedback from us for others interested as well.

For me:

I initially had the Blue coils installed and the ride was great, lift was at that time initially 585mm and the back at 630mm, unfortunately with all of my weight up front the blue coils dropped a bit and I ended up back at 555mm, the back did not budge.

After talking with Ken he wanted to try a newer coil, green one, but he was of course concerned that I would not get the comfort ride which was on my list of requirements, our target height was back at 580/585mm to get the approximate 50mm difference between the front and rear for optimum handling and load control.

The new green coils went in and the lift went to 590mm at the front, of course I was happy with the height but we both agreed that a settle of 10 or so mm would be good. As Ken predicted the ride was firmer, nose pitching and braking was even more stable than previous which greatly improved when the blue coils went in.
Basically the handling is solid and sure sits as level as you could ever expect when cornering, if I had my old Yokies on I think it would be magic but the taller ATZ 4 ribs can hold it back a bit.

Over 6 months on now and the front has not dropped 1mm, I have even added a dual battery and they have not budged, so these particular coils really do handle the weight much better. Not sure if the initial blue ones were just a faulty set, hoping so because if I could and they handled the weight I would prefer them on the front instead for that bit more comfort.

The Ultimate shocks themself are great and I have no concerns at all with them, the rears have the rubber boot so that also eliminates any rubbing on the leaves.

I am hanging to get back to Ultimate to get a checkup done and also see how the Superlift is coming along.

Current heights
Front 590/592mm
Rear 630/630mm

Cant fault it at all and highly recommend Ultimate on every aspect of product and service.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Ultimate i think you need Daryn on the payroll :lol: :D
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby daryn on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:26 pm

I reckon too Dylan :D
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby ultimate on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 am

Ultimate i think you need Daryn on the payroll

would love to but he would cost me too much :lol: Just imagine; if he tried charging me on a per comment basis after he's already racked up 1664 newtriton posts......I would be broke in a week ;) But in all honestly it's great having another satisfied customer spreading the news. Daryn has a great vehicle and knows how to enjoy it. His knowledge of suspension and appreciation for our products has really helped generate some good leads for our business.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby brazilianos on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:19 am

I know some people who want to be this kind off customers Brendan!Do not forget us from the other side of the earth like Greece!! :D :D :D
Not a complete idiot,several parts are missing!
brazilianos

Postby ultimate on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:51 am

I know some people who want to be this kind off customers Brendan!Do not forget us from the other side of the earth like Greece!!

:lol: I won't forget you guys in Greece! I've just make sure everything is 100% perfect before I send it to the other side of the world :)
The Team at
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby stefanos on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:07 pm

ultimate wrote:
I know some people who want to be this kind off customers Brendan!Do not forget us from the other side of the earth like Greece!!

:lol: I won't forget you guys in Greece! I've just make sure everything is 100% perfect before I send it to the other side of the world :)

We'll be waiting Brendan .I am sure that you gonna do an excellent job.
stefanos

Postby brazilianos on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:11 am

:?: :?:
brazilianos

Postby ultimate on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:28 pm

As some members of the forum already know, we made a few variations to the design of the Triton Smart lift. These modifications were necessary to improve the strength and durability of the kit but have ultimately delayed the release date. I apologise for the delay but we cannot afford to release the kit without knowing that it is 110% perfect.
The Team at
ultimate

Postby borngeek on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Good to see a bump all the way from greece Brendan :D

the pressures on :mrgreen:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 pm

:lol: we work best under pressure :lol:
The Team at
ultimate

Postby brazilianos on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:13 am

ultimate wrote::lol: we work best under pressure :lol:

Wy you didn't say that sooner???I love to put pressure on people!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
brazilianos

Postby jop on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Just watched your inteview with rick (the skinny gobbledock) on the latest 4wd action - good work mate, should generate a lot of business for you guys.
jop

Postby brazilianos on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:56 am

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I'm stil waiting for an answer!!Do we have some progres??!!
brazilianos

Postby stefanos on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:45 am

brazilianos wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I'm stil waiting for an answer!!Do we have some progres??!!

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=4245&start=25
stefanos

Postby Peruano on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 am

Just had Ultimate Suspension installed on my Triton.
It was long overdue, I've somehow managed to last 130,000kms with the standard suspension which had gone from beyond worn out to dangerous.
I ended up with 50mm increase in the front and 55mm in the back. On the road it handles brilliantly, very little roll when cornering and doesn't nose dive under hard braking. I was very impressed and extremely happy with the choice I had made. That was until I took it off road... To say it handles like a completely new truck is the understatement of the decade. I took it off road up near Walhalla over the weekend to test it out. I started out driving it like I used to, in the end I was searching for potholes, corrugations, and throwing it into corners... The thing was completely settled the whole time and felt like it was glues to the road whilst soaking up all the bumps and knocks. The rear end used to jump around through the corrugations on corners, now it's completely settled and very sure footed.

The service from Brendan who kept me informed on everthing and helped me choose the best combination down to the final product has been brilliant. I've waited a long time to fork out for new suspension and researched almost everyone out there. I couldn't be happier with what I've choosen and would thoroughly recommend it too anyone who is looking around.

Cheers :mrgreen:
Pete
"when I was young my parents moved around a lot...... but I always managed to find them"
Peruano

Postby dansan on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:31 am

did u install it yourself peruano? otherwise who installed it 4 ya?
dansan

Postby Peruano on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I got ARB Southern in Dandenong to do it for me. They also do my servicing and I know the guys there fairly well. If you need any info or want to check it out I work in Hallam so not too far from you.
Pete
"when I was young my parents moved around a lot...... but I always managed to find them"
Peruano

Postby tjf on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm off to get a 2" lift tomorrow from Brendan at Ultimate. I dropped in last week and found him to be most helpful and easy to talk to. It was easy to settle on what I need (unlike tyrying to get 17" tyres, what a bloody nightmare). My Triton has 48k on the clock for reference.
I'll report back in early April how it goes, I'm off to Lake Gairdener for Speedweek so the new bouncy bits will get a try-out. 8-)
tjf

Postby ultimate on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Thanks for the comments tjf. I look forward to seeing the vehicle done up 8-)
The Team at
ultimate

Postby Godsilla on Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Probably time for an update eh. :D

Lake Gairdener was washed out, the roads were all closed, so I ended up heading into the Flinders Ranges instead for a few days.
Some observations:

Front end seems to be really good, less pitching over larger bumps, much better all-round. Confidence-inspiring. A definite improvement.

Rear end is a mixed bag, some good, some not so good. The good, it is much better over speedhumps, and seems to ride reasonably well offroad with some load. I have some reservations though. It works OK with some load in the ute, but unloaded the ride seems to be harsh. It's difficult to pin down, but the damping seems to be inadequate? It just feels mismatched between the spring rate and the damping. It feels like the rear is kicking road shock into the chassis after the bump.
Overall I also have to run my tyres at least 4 lbs lower to compensate for the suspension, otherwise it seems to transmit all the little road irregularities into the cabin, causing a "jiggly" ride. I tried running the tyres at road pressures, and when I hit a dirt road I had to work to hold it in a straight line, rather different than the stock setup. I seem to have lost the plushness over smaller bumps of the original setup (which I have to say wasn't too bad on mine). Again, I think it is the rear end.

So it seems that I have gained when offroad for bigger bumps and such, but lost out a bit more onroad for shock absorbtion/comfort.

(I also seem to have a bearing whine somewhere in the driveline since having the 2" lift, but that has been masked by the noise of the muddies. I'll need some road tyres to pin that one down.)

Overall I acheived what I was mainly after, a 2" lift, but I'm not convinced that the ride is an overall improvement. I'm not sure where to from here. :?:
Godsilla

Postby ultimate on Tue May 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Where abouts are you located Godsilla? Is it possible for you to bring the vehicle back in so we can have a look at it? What pressure are you running in your tyres? We can always maker the vehicle ride softer in the rear but it will reduce the ride height and load carrying capacity.

Can you please send me an email (brendan@ultimatesuspension.com.au) with all of your details so I can work out what needs to be done to help you with your vehicle.
The Team at
ultimate

Postby Godsilla on Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi Brendan, I'm in the ACT. It is possible for me to get the vehicle to you, there's no urgency though.
I'm running 245 x 70 x 17 BFG mud terrains, 33psi f & r.
I'm going to have a bit more of a play with the tyre pressures, there's some things I haven't tried. I suspect there might be gains to be made with some fiddling there.
Honestly, I've got an open mind on the subject, and I'm not discounting anything, including myself. I'll have a bit more play and test and then email you. I appreciate your super-prompt response too. Thanks.
Godsilla

Postby contact on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:41 pm

i ran through the gawlers and out to gairdener (amongst other places) ive been running ultimate blue + struts up front and stock glx + ultimate shocks out the back.

with the camper + load on the ute probably sat slightly lower at the rear (have a look at the pics). i felt the set up was well matched the front carrying a steel bar and winch and the load on + trailer

ive been really happy with the improvement in handling, some initial local instal probs but since that its all been good.

Click to view larger picture

contact

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension