Steering damper

Steering damper

Postby nickburt on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:24 am

Hi guys, I know my truck isn't a new shape truck, ie. (2005+) it's a 2004 model, but this seems to be one a very few L200/Triton/Strada forums.

Anyway, I'm looking for a steering damper kit, there doesn't seem to be anyone in the UK who does a kit. There's a few who have fitted something modified from another 4x4, but I was hoping to find something made for the truck.

Any ideas where to look please.
Entry No 34 in the 2014 Mac 4x4 UK Challenge
Sponsor Team L200: Donate here

Entry No 16 in the 2014 Help For Heroes 4x4 European Rally

After "No fear", comes "Oh Sh*t".
nickburt

Re: Steering damper

Postby ultimate on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:16 pm

To my knowledge, aftermarket steering dampers will only fit vehicles without power steering.

If you have power steering, you shouldn't need a damper. Most of the vehicles in Australia have power steering which is why we never a steering damper for this model. I believe other companies like Dobinson and Ironman 4x4 have them available.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Re: Steering damper

Postby nickburt on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:42 pm

ultimate wrote:To my knowledge, aftermarket steering dampers will only fit vehicles without power steering.

If you have power steering, you shouldn't need a damper. Most of the vehicles in Australia have power steering which is why we never a steering damper for this model. I believe other companies like Dobinson and Ironman 4x4 have them available.

Thanks for the info, I did wonder if it was worth fitting just to cope with the odd time it might kick back.
Entry No 34 in the 2014 Mac 4x4 UK Challenge

Entry No 16 in the 2014 Help For Heroes 4x4 European Rally

After "No fear", comes "Oh Sh*t".
nickburt

Return to Suspension