OMEvsToughdogvsRideprovsXGS

OMEvsToughdogvsRideprovsXGS

Postby sloppyjoe24 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Hey guys, new to the site, lookin at upgrading the suspension on my bus, just wondering peoples opinions on the four brands of suspension kits, i'd like to get OME but the only thing is the small lift it gives, i'd much prefer a bit higher if possible..
Take it easy, if u get it easy take it twice!!
sloppyjoe24

Re: OMEvsToughdogvsRideprovsXGS

Postby GLSTOY on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:48 pm

hey sloppy joe, i have ordered OME nitro charger sports with the hole spring package, when i ordered the suspension package i was told two to three weeks, then it went to mid july now till the end of july. about to pull the pin on arb suspension thinking tough dog cauce i dont want a big lift just better suspension
GLSTOY

Postby daryn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi Sloppy,

Welcome to the site, from your research and talking with suppliers what do you think you will get from each in the way of lift?

You have a manual, so do you have Super Select, in other words a one piece tail shaft. If yours is split these suppliers may only do your truck to std heights or with minimal lift ie max 25mm. They will do an Auto with single tailshaft but not the manuals.

I think that they basically decided they would only make one kit for both trannies.

From what you have as your choices I think Tough dog may give you the highest lift, TJM and OME are basically the same and Ridepro i have no idea about.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

I had some ridepro coils in the front of mine.
Good ride BUT they only gave 20-30mm of lift with the ARB barwork. Obviously this would be more without the ARB bar.

This was the lower of the 2 rating springs available from ridepro (186 rings a bell)

I have now changed out the coils for some dobbinsons, these provide the lift- even with a bar or winch.

Cannot comment on the shocks you asked about, as I chose Bilstein shocks all round.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby sloppyjoe24 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:28 pm

mine is the single piece tailshaft, i had a guy check it out wen i was doing some enquiries. i was told 10mm and 20mm lift for OME, this is front and rear for the latest nitrocharger shocks, tough dog was arond 25mm - 40mm i just wasn't sure about the product it was the first i'd heard of it. ridepro i was told is the same company that designed OME to start off with, and TJM XGS is almost on par with OME. i was leaning more towards toughdog because i heard their kits was first based on the ml triton, one of the head guys actually uses his triton as a test car for toughdog.... but i would just like to hear peoples opinions about it all, people have a somewhat different opinion when they have to pay for a product in terms of getting what u pay for. Also i no about ARB's wonderful rep wen it comes to getting parts.... took 3 months to get a long range fuel tank and rear step towbar.... Apparently stuff is now built in tiawan at a new ARB place and shipped over here
sloppyjoe24

Postby daryn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:02 pm

sloppyjoe,

have you seen this thread for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2129

me, well I am about to get Ultimate Suspension on mine for all sorts of reasons. Was close to choosing Lovells, but I want the personal service and knowledge not just a seller/supplier.

out of the brands that you have listed I would go for TD, but when I rang head office to ask for current measurements on their Triton after 'x' km's they were not interested much in helping out, I give one chance to get their service/sales right, but thats me.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Buzzy on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Welcom to the site sloppy 8-)
what daryn said, nice work daryn ;)
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby sloppyjoe24 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Cheers daryn very helpful. i like the look of the snakeracing 50mm lift kit, just have to find a supplier in WA
sloppyjoe24

Return to Suspension